Boness Athletic

1 hour ago, Basile Boli said:

What a waste of talent.

Apparently the lad has had a couple or personal issues that Bo'ness Athletic have been a great help with. Maybe a good idea for him to stay where he is happy.

7 hours ago, Dev said:

Are Athletic about to be the second SFA Licence club in Bo'ness? The club website shows various club policies needed for a licence so wondered if this will happen this time around so Athletic can play in the Scottish Cup from now on.

Can they get a licence if they don't have their own ground? Surely not. It doesn't seem right.

15 minutes ago, no such thing as neutral said:

Can they get a licence if they don't have their own ground? Surely not. It doesn't seem right.

Well the other team in Bo'ness have a licence without owning their own ground...

2 hours ago, no such thing as neutral said:

There may be others but East Stirlingshire, Cowdenbeath, Cumbernauld Colts plus Broomhill don't own the grounds they play on.

On 25/04/2023 at 15:31, realmadrid said:

ive been to see them twice this season and considered coming down tonight for the cup tie v Kinnoull but have decided to take in Friday nights game 

Well worth the admission money on both occasions.

On 24/04/2023 at 15:09, BonessBWAH_ said:

They have pissed the league but it doesn’t look like it was that much of a challenge...

I imagine they’ll do well again in Div 2 next year too? I know little about the league, but Whitburn seemed to have fared more than comfortably and Syngenta (R.I.P) were too I think.

But Daramola’s away to Kelty, I’m assuming Patterson’s back to Arbroath and I’ll be very surprised if a someone doesn’t come in for Grant Rose now. That must be 100 odd goals between the three which is some very very big boots to fill.

Patterson is an athletic player and him and rose both signed for next year

2nd time I’ve watched Bo’ness Athletic now and again they looked bang average. Lochore Welfare bullied them tonight, got in their face and didn’t let them play. 

A few of the Bo’ness supporters not happy with how lochore played, punting high balls up the park but it worked for them and Bo’ness could not handle it. 

they were also lucky not to have went down to 10 men after number 7 went into the lochore player with his head after a bad tackle on him.

how will they cope when they lose all those goals against teams in a higher league?

58 minutes ago, 19052012 said:

2nd time I’ve watched Bo’ness Athletic now and again they looked bang average. Lochore Welfare bullied them tonight, got in their face and didn’t let them play. 

A few of the Bo’ness supporters not happy with how lochore played, punting high balls up the park but it worked for them and Bo’ness could not handle it. 

they were also lucky not to have went down to 10 men after number 7 went into the lochore player with his head after a bad tackle on him.

how will they cope when they lose all those goals against teams in a higher league?

It was Tiwi Daramola. I thought the yellow card was right as it wasn't head to head. However I thought that the red card for the Lochore player was a bit harsh. Yes it was a deliberate foul (taking one for the team), but more often than not it's a yellow card.

9 hours ago, 19052012 said:

Seen a few of their fans moaning about the pitch, same for both teams. Let's gauge them when they lose all them goals as you rightly said. Personally I don't think they are that great a team, only my opinion though. 

How many of the division 3 teams play on a plastic pitch? I did wonder if the pitch at Lochore would level things up a bit and it looked like Bo'ness struggled to keep the ball down, especailly early in the game.

1 minute ago, realmadrid said:

How many of the division 3 teams play on a plastic pitch? I did wonder if the pitch at Lochore would level things up a bit and it looked like Bo'ness struggled to keep the ball down, especailly early in the game.

Lochore is a 'great' pitch at this level. I can't imagine it's a nightmare to play on, especially for an away team with a late kickoff and fading light, which Lochore use to their advantage and fair play to them.

The surroundings and pitch size play with your senses and makes it feel tiny. Lochore make sure they have a 'bigger' squad to bully teams on it. A little bit like a well known ammy team from Edinburgh, which is probably why they never win any big cups... :whistle