🔵⚪️Morton VS QP🕷

43 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Come on... what do you think you're paying your players (and manager)?

What do you think we're paying our players?

@Dunning1874's x3 might be a bit out, but there's clearly a massive difference in playing budget.

So, as per @Skeletar Spider's post, in place of firm facts and figures there's speculation.  On pure net worth as per most recent Company accounts I'm pretty sure QP are in a healthier position but to say that is reflected in playing budget, (purchases, sales and running costs) at a time when we're transitioning from amateur status to professional, whilst (and admittedly here making a horse's arse of it) building a new stadium and investing in the youth and scouting set up could be construed as just a little bit lazy.

1 hour ago, Spider1975 said:

So, as per @Skeletar Spider's post, in place of firm facts and figures there's speculation.  On pure net worth as per most recent Company accounts I'm pretty sure QP are in a healthier position but to say that is reflected in playing budget, (purchases, sales and running costs) at a time when we're transitioning from amateur status to professional, whilst (and admittedly here making a horse's arse of it) building a new stadium and investing in the youth and scouting set up could be construed as just a little bit lazy.

Aye sure, we're being 'lazy', while you're not at all in denial...

What's Coyle on? Thomas? How much are Boateng, McPake, Henderson, or Shields costing you?

Answer: money Morton can't conceivably afford.

And you wonder why supporters of every other club hope you get gubbed next week...

1 hour ago, Spider1975 said:

You were professional in 2020-21 when you won League Two, how long do you expect the "transition" to take?

16 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Aye sure, we're being 'lazy', while you're not at all in denial...

What's Coyle on? Thomas? How much are Boateng, McPake, Henderson, or Shields costing you?

Answer: money Morton can't conceivably afford.

And you wonder why supporters of every other club hope you get gubbed next week...

Not in denial at all fella, I'm sure our budget is comfortable, but to infer it's significantly more, or state it's three times more,  without having a basis to say that is a little lazy.  With the exception of the Thomas, the players you mention are all loanees.

Anyhoo, I'm sure real estate is pretty pricey in Greenock, so I'm sure you'll be just fine if you sell Cappielow to Krispy Kreme to fund your push on Europe!

22 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

Not in denial at all fella, I'm sure our budget is comfortable, but to infer it's significantly more, or state it's three times more,  without having a basis to say that is a little lazy.  With the exception of the Thomas, the players you mention are all loanees.

Anyhoo, I'm sure real estate is pretty pricey in Greenock, so I'm sure you'll be just fine if you sell Cappielow to Krispy Kreme to fund your push on Europe!

One last time for the hard of thinking: I didn't 'infer' it's significantly more (the person reading 'infers', the person writing 'implies' btw); and I didn't 'state' that it's three times more (in fact, I suggested that was too much).

So let me state, clearly: it's significantly more. Anybody trying to suggest otherwise is both lazy and in deep, deep denial.

57 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

One last time for the hard of thinking: I didn't 'infer' it's significantly more (the person reading 'infers', the person writing 'implies' btw); and I didn't 'state' that it's three times more (in fact, I suggested that was too much).

So let me state, clearly: it's significantly more. Anybody trying to suggest otherwise is both lazy and in deep, deep denial.

Like too lazy to provide actual evidence. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

Any Queens fans happy to admit that Coyle speaks a lot of shite in his post match interview? 

Yes, not sure why anyone particularly cares what he says post match though , I certainly don’t 

Edited by Spider Rico

3 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Any Queens fans happy to admit that Coyle speaks a lot of shite in his post match interview? 

Yes. And I'm fine with it.  He's not a media pundit but manages a team of players. I've seen managers in this league destroy individuals after games, and maybe that works better, but for the time being at least I'm happy that he prioritises a feeling of belief and positivity in a team that badly needs it.

16 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Yes. And I'm fine with it.  He's not a media pundit but manages a team of players. I've seen managers in this league destroy individuals after games, and maybe that works better, but for the time being at least I'm happy that he prioritises a feeling of belief and positivity in a team that badly needs it.

....... unless he's just trying to protect his own job?? Always a possibility....... 

He ain't half one-sided though, to put it mildly. 

5 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Yup. A bit like Alex Ferguson & Jose Mourinho.

Just to be clear, I would acknowledge he's not quite up to their standard.

Yet

14 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Still stunned how many opposition fans watch our manager's post-match interviews. The day I use up actual minutes of the only life I'll ever get to live to listen to what Dougie Imrie or Paul Hartley or whoever has to say, you'll know I've given up.

30 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

Still stunned how many opposition fans watch our manager's post-match interviews. The day I use up actual minutes of the only life I'll ever get to live to listen to what Dougie Imrie or Paul Hartley or whoever has to say, you'll know I've given up.

To be fair I wouldn't watch a video of Owen Coyle in a match where you'd beaten us which is why I've unfortunately watched four videos of Owen Coyle this season.