National Conference League

edinabear

30 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

I have said that the conference idea is rubbish!

The status quo is worse though.

Not sure about that, their music is quite similar, but good catchy tunes.

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

1 hour ago, mrman2011 said:

Nope. I'm a massive fan of B teams and ensuring Youth Development. 

B Teams and youth development aren't the same.

3 hours ago, mrman2011 said:

Nope. I'm a massive fan of B teams and ensuring Youth Development. 

B teams will only help the actual club that the b team is the extension of.Thats unfair on the rest.

Rangers and Celtic have already ruined competitive Scottish football at the top and now they couldnt leave the womens game alone.Thats in trouble now.

They wouldnt stop at b teams if they got their way.

Youd get Rangers and Celtic C teams soon after.It cannot be allowed and must be stopped now.

Edited by Sparticus

14 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

B teams will only help the actual club that the b team is the extension of.Thats unfair on the rest.

Rangers and Celtic have already ruined competitive Scottish football at the top and now they couldnt leave the womens game alone.Thats in trouble now.

They wouldnt stop at b teams if they got their way.

Youd get Rangers and Celtic C teams soon after.It cannot be allowed and must be stopped now.

Don't bother, just ignore them. It's a known troll account who only comes out to stir the pot when this stuff kicks off... thought we had lost him to Fitba North but some jobbies are more stubborn than others

6 hours ago, Samsonite said:

Posted this on FitbaNorth, Brora had the opportunity and squad to get promoted in 2014 or 2015 against Montrose, with the squad they had at the time could have easily got up to at least L1 but during the final play off game they proceeded to field a team including youngsters who had barely made an appearance for the club (and never appeared again) which coincided with the chairman saying they didnt want to go up due to the costs involved, which at the time they would have been guaranteed a minimum of circa £70k for finishing bottom of L2.

I find it laughable that they are now all for this new league, where going by this thread they would be getting circa £40k, would love them to finish outside the top 2 next season in the HL. Shambles!!!!

Wonder just how hard they tried in that game?

52 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Don't bother, just ignore them. It's a known troll account who only comes out to stir the pot when this stuff kicks off... thought we had lost him to Fitba North but some jobbies are more stubborn than others

Aye in general have ignored that account. But felt it was a good opportunity to show there is a  difference between b's and youth's

37 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Wonder just how hard they tried in that game?

Won the first leg 1-0

2nd leg was 1-1 at half-time. Early sending off in the 2nd. Second and Third goals didn't come until past 70+ minutes.

Somebody made a killing at the bookies as they made it look good.

5 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Not sure about that, their music is quite similar, but good catchy tunes.

Gotta disagree mate Quo were very ordinary. Don't believe I've heard any Conference. If it wasn't Indie, not for me.

18 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

That's you. Nothing to do with me.

Never mentions anything to do with "ambitious clubs" as an excuse.

Literally sums up with don't know if B teams will do anything to improve performance.

“Will this make it work better? We don’t know, but if we don’t try we’ll never know.”

So the only tangible bit in the piece is that things will be better for Club 42s.

Dowling added: “In Scotland since the pyramid was opened up Cowdenbeath, East Stirlingshire and Berwick have struggled since being relegated from the SPFL.

“The money teams in the SPFL get is very good, then if you drop into the Highland League it becomes zero, so if there’s something else there which can bridge that gap in terms of finance it could be beneficial.

“If you have a Conference League with four Premiership colts sides willing to put in £100,000 each there’s £40,000 for each team in the league.

“Therefore, if a team comes out of the SPFL there is a cushion and they’re in a better position to rebuild.

The onus is on you to explain why the Brora chairman havering any old pish again has identified the real motive behind the Conference League. 

You say that the Club 42 point is tangible but the benefit of B teams is not. There's no evidence to suggest that Maxwell or the SFA share that point of view though - and they are the ones pushing this turd of an concept. 

11 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Won the first leg 1-0

2nd leg was 1-1 at half-time. Early sending off in the 2nd. Second and Third goals didn't come until past 70+ minutes.

Somebody made a killing at the bookies as they made it look good.

They definitely weren't throwing that tie - and presumably had to beat the LL champion to take part too. There were reports that a few players were unavailable due to holiday commitments - not that unusual for extra play-off games. 

Unlike most play-off finalists I don't think Brora were desperate to move up a level though. They didn't throw the play-off, but in terms of commitment Montrose's greater need to win got them over the line. 

Would the interview with Brora Rangers Commercial Director David Dowling be counted as an official statement from Brora Rangers or simply a personal opinion?

Unless I've missed something I've read or heard nothing official from the club itself or the Chairman Scott MacKay. Is Dowling the only voice within that club for the Conference?

As a community club you would think Brora would be more inclined to listen more to the opinions of the supporters and gauge the growing anger towards this Conference League threat and the damage it could do to the club's reputation, more importantly among their own support which could be divided. Even Brora can't afford to lose supporters.

There were comments from the new East Kilbride manager Kennedy and someone from Caley Braves slamming the idea of a Conference earlier in the week, personal opinions rather than an official anouncement, but its good to know there is influential opposition to the Conference within these clubs.

43 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

Would the interview with Brora Rangers Commercial Director David Dowling be counted as an official statement from Brora Rangers or simply a personal opinion?

Unless I've missed something I've read or heard nothing official from the club itself or the Chairman Scott MacKay. Is Dowling the only voice within that club for the Conference?

As a community club you would think Brora would be more inclined to listen more to the opinions of the supporters and gauge the growing anger towards this Conference League threat and the damage it could do to the club's reputation, more importantly among their own support which could be divided. Even Brora can't afford to lose supporters.

There were comments from the new East Kilbride manager Kennedy and someone from Caley Braves slamming the idea of a Conference earlier in the week, personal opinions rather than an official anouncement, but its good to know there is influential opposition to the Conference within these clubs.

I'm not sure if Ben MacKay is still bankrolling Brora but I think he'd be absolutely raging at Dowling's interview.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

They definitely weren't throwing that tie - and presumably had to beat the LL champion to take part too. There were reports that a few players were unavailable due to holiday commitments - not that unusual for extra play-off games. 

Unlike most play-off finalists I don't think Brora were desperate to move up a level though. They didn't throw the play-off, but in terms of commitment Montrose's greater need to win got them over the line. 

As I remember it they had players off on stag dos and one saying he couldn't miss his parent's wedding anniversary, I'm sure the players who turned up gave it a proper go though. Montrose fair turned things around since that scare..

There's some shite written about that Brora Montrose game, mostly by people who have never watched football north of Dundee.

The tie was even with 15 to go when Montrose nicked the lead and then followed up with a worldy a minute later.

Brora had decent players in the likes of Grant Munro and Kettlewell but Montrose had Marvin Andrews, Greg Cameron and Paul Watson - its not like they were as bad as some of the teams that have finished bottom in recent years.

Munro will not be in the team to face Edinburgh on Saturday. He said: “My mum and dad are both going to be 60 this year and they will be celebrating 40 years of marriage so the whole family are going to a lodge in Perthshire for the week.

Grant Munro will walk away from Brora Rangers if club are promoted to the SPFL

SPFL Pyramid Play-Off shock as Highland League Brora say no thanks to promotion. THE Highlanders say they are being forced to play the winners of the newly-formed Lowland League but have no desire to play in Scottish League 2 next season.

I've no doubt the manager and team wanted to do their best but there was hardly full hearted support behind them.