National Conference League

edinabear

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

There's some shite written about that Brora Montrose game, mostly by people who have never watched football north of Dundee.

There's some defending going on by folk who went to the game as neutrals and probably never set foot in Brora or Dudgeon Park.

Mick Kennedy (EK)

"Only in Scotland would league reconstruction to progress our game relegate over 200 clubs, anyone who supports this should be ashamed.

"There's a reason the new conference requires no voting power, because they already know it's wrong on so many levels.”

8 hours ago, virginton said:

The onus is on you to explain why the Brora chairman havering any old pish again has identified the real motive behind the Conference League.

I don't think so. Since the real motive, driving Maxwell's thoughts, and pushing of the concept is all you.

I was commenting on the article presented as "Highland League stalwart David Dowling sets out case FOR Conference League". Headlines of course can be misleading to the actual article. As it is in this instance. Since it doesn't really lay out a case for the Conference League beyond why not try? With the one exception that the SPFL has money, the HL-LL doesn't. The Conference League is going to bridge that gap and allow future Club 42s a better chance to rebuild.

On 04/05/2023 at 15:38, mrman2011 said:

Nope. I'm a massive fan of B teams and ensuring Youth Development. 

This is the worst statement i have ever heard. This without doubt coming from someone who hasn't a clue about youth football. The effect on youth football players dreams will be damaged immensely, even the grassroots will be damaged where boys can come from entering to play for B teams.  Young players dreams playing for their local teams will be harmed as those teams in tier 6,7 etc.. will realize not much chance of progression and thus wont be motivated enough to play or stay in football and this will now effect youngers players who have a chance of making senior teams to eventually B teams will find it tough and not much point

33 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

This is the worst statement i have ever heard. This without doubt coming from someone who hasn't a clue about youth football. The effect on youth football players dreams will be damaged immensely, even the grassroots will be damaged where boys can come from entering to play for B teams.  Young players dreams playing for their local teams will be harmed as those teams in tier 6,7 etc.. will realize not much chance of progression and thus wont be motivated enough to play or stay in football and this will now effect youngers players who have a chance of making senior teams to eventually B teams will find it tough and not much point

You're wasting effort on him, he's trolling.

He's being doing this for years.

On 05/05/2023 at 16:20, FairWeatherFan said:

I don't think so. Since the real motive, driving Maxwell's thoughts, and pushing of the concept is all you.

I was commenting on the article presented as "Highland League stalwart David Dowling sets out case FOR Conference League". Headlines of course can be misleading to the actual article. As it is in this instance. Since it doesn't really lay out a case for the Conference League beyond why not try? With the one exception that the SPFL has money, the HL-LL doesn't. The Conference League is going to bridge that gap and allow future Club 42s a better chance to rebuild.

Brechin have just had their highest attendance in 5 years and challenged for a title.

Dropping into a reserve league is not a better option to rebuild than the status quo.

On 05/05/2023 at 19:16, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Youth Football is enhanced by B teams as they can have development under 21/22 as opposed to 18/19. It gives proper game time and allows progression is a good environment. If Rangers/Celtic release them it will be good for the teams around as they get ready players for progession of their own squads rather then 18/19 who might be inexperienced. All good and B Teams of course are a feeder to the main squad enable the same tactics, Training. Scotland will benefit from this but of course it will take a lot of time and effort to beat fruit  

30 minutes ago, mrman2011 said:

If Rangers/Celtic release them it will be good for the teams around as they get ready players for progession of their own squads rather then 18/19 who might be inexperienced

Is your game plan for 'progression' of the other teams to just hing aboot and wait for *Rangers and Celtic to very graciously release "ready players"? 

55 minutes ago, mrman2011 said:

Scotland will benefit from this but of course it will take a lot of time and effort to beat fruit  

There's no 'of course' about this, it's an unknown at best. Personally, I don't think many people who play in the Scottish 5th tier when they are aged 18-21 are on a pathway to elite development which helps the national team.

3 hours ago, mrman2011 said:

Youth Football is enhanced by B teams as they can have development under 21/22 as opposed to 18/19. It gives proper game time and allows progression is a good environment. If Rangers/Celtic release them it will be good for the teams around as they get ready players for progession of their own squads rather then 18/19 who might be inexperienced. All good and B Teams of course are a feeder to the main squad enable the same tactics, Training. Scotland will benefit from this but of course it will take a lot of time and effort to beat fruit  

Reserve team football does all of that, where the 16-20 year olds will be supplemented by older, experienced players needing game time. They can then progress from there to the first team environment, or go out on loan, or they don't make it and are released.

But you know that already.

The Scottish Football Supporters Association rejects the Conference League proposal on behalf of its 80,000 members.

"The vast majority of fans do not approve of larger clubs in Scotland thinking buying access to leagues is acceptable."

#NoConferenceLeague

Well done to all involved.

959D23D9-9E67-4871-B60D-B1E98121FD39.jpeg

F745DF89-9C2C-44DB-A84B-417AFC3CC1C8.jpeg

Edited by Connor7

48 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Whilst I agree with their stance, if they claim that statement represents their 80,000 (lol) members and they have conducted research on this it would be useful to show their working.

Shush we only call it out when they are in favour of the conference.

😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

7 hours ago, kingbob1875 said:

There's no 'of course' about this, it's an unknown at best. Personally, I don't think many people who play in the Scottish 5th tier when they are aged 18-21 are on a pathway to elite development which helps the national team.

Lots of youngsters head off to other countries, not just to English clubs. They'll get a lot better experience than hanging around in B squads.

Others who are with non OF/Hearts clubs already have a better chance of progression anyway as they are already featuring in first team squads and have realistic chances to play against existing SPFL Premier and lower division clubs - which, of course, is already a better standard than any Conference could ever hope to be!

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Whilst I agree with their stance, if they claim that statement represents their 80,000 (lol) members and they have conducted research on this it would be useful to show their working.

Apologies for bringing politics into the matter but your logo kind of says it all at the moment. Get a mess! Needs sorting out asap.

Vote SNP. Get Scotland.

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Have the SFASPFLGlasgowbteamfarce shown their working?