National Conference League

edinabear

11 hours ago, Yalay said:

I’m curious to know what everyone would prefer if you had to choose:

1. This conference league monstrosity

2. No conference league, but B teams are allowed to enter at the bottom of the pyramid and can earn promotion all the way up to SPFL1

If the B teams absolutely cannot be kept out, then I prefer option 2.

Definitely option 2 and would have no major issue with tier 6 being a uniform initial entry point given that would be possible in some parts of the country but not in others. The main reason this conference abomination proposal is happening is that the lower division SPFL clubs have the voting clout to ensure that they don't get into SPFL League Two. That should not be allowed to mess up the rest of the pyramid.

11 hours ago, Yalay said:

2. No conference league, but B teams are allowed to enter at the bottom of the pyramid and can earn promotion all the way up to SPFL1

Just a straight NO from me - cannae be a pyramid if you can buy your way in - JUST SAY NO!

On 09/05/2023 at 09:43, kingbob1875 said:

There's no 'of course' about this, it's an unknown at best. Personally, I don't think many people who play in the Scottish 5th tier when they are aged 18-21 are on a pathway to elite development which helps the national team.

It's unknown but i want to give it a chance and the amount of "Dislikes" i've got for every post hasn't even changed my mind. I'm a massive fan of B teams and i see the benefit. It's understandable why people dislike them but for smaller countries its needed to ensure a better pathway for Footballers to develop better for the benefit of Scotland but has i say all this will take time to bed in 

13 hours ago, Yalay said:

1. No "B" teams except in Reserves/Age Group Leagues.

2. This conference league monstrosity

32 minutes ago, Dev said:

Definitely number 2. I reckon we need to show a lot more gratitude to Celtic, Rangers and the SFA, they only have our best interests at heart, and are clearly misunderstood. 😀😀😀

3 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Definitely number 2. I reckon we need to show a lot more gratitude to Celtic, Rangers and the SFA, they only have our best interests at heart, and are clearly misunderstood. 😀😀😀

Always knew you had a deeper understanding than others. 😁😁😁

On 17/05/2023 at 21:28, HorseyGhirl said:

What, do you mean he has the upvote one but chooses not to use it. That suggests it's a conscious thought to downvote. Does that mean that is a form of intelligence there.

😇😇😇😇

That's another reddy for this post. Starting to get paranoid. Have I overstepped the mark or am I just being wound up.

It's like I'm missing the punchline. 

🤒🤒🤒

4 hours ago, Dev said:

Option 1 would be best cannot think of why they are so against joining the existing reserve league

31 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Option 1 would be best cannot think of why they are so against joining the existing reserve league

Not enough leverage in that when the aim is to get their ‘B’ teams up to the Championship perhaps.

28 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Good question

8 hours ago, mrman2011 said:

It's unknown but i want to give it a chance and the amount of "Dislikes" i've got for every post hasn't even changed my mind. I'm a massive fan of B teams and i see the benefit. It's understandable why people dislike them but for smaller countries its needed to ensure a better pathway for Footballers to develop better for the benefit of Scotland but has i say all this will take time to bed in 

We all know you're just a troll who doesn't care about lower league football in Scotland, no need to repeat that.

10 hours ago, The Moonster said:

This is the problem I have with these threads - it should be a firm "No, f**k off" from everyone but eventually people start normalising it with alternative suggestions. We don't need B teams, we never will and despite what some folk from Cowdenbeath and Glasgow tell you, this isn't a binary between a conference league and accepting B teams into the league. We can (and should) say no to both of them. 

I agree with you, no doubt about that. All I meant was that of all bad plans they could have come up with, this conference league idea is really the worst, worse than any other ideas that floated around and that's quite an achievement for the SFA as they have come up with plenty of other clusterf*ck ideas.

Edited by Marten

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Stenhousemuir hasn't received the proposals according to their chairman.  That's a bit odd given that their chairman attended the meeting on March 7th when the topic was supposedly first mooted.

The proposals are in the AGM documentation sent to  clubs 10 days ago??

3 hours ago, peternapper said:

Cause it's no in the pyramid? That would be my guess.