The New Conference League Tier 5

1 hour ago, Dev said:

Good point.

It's time to get al of the rest of the SPFL club on-board too. When the B teams are in a Conference they will be in a better position to demand a place in the SPFL2 and so on.

It doesn't take much imagination to see them in the Championship, over time, and so relegating current SPFL clubs down the Divisions and even more clubs out of the SPFL altogether - especially as there would gradually be new clubs moving up the pyramid too (albeit at snails pace).

There’s people running Scottish football who wont be satisfied until its a premier league of Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Rangers B, Celtic B, Rangers C, Celtic C with a split of only the old firm playing each other 47 times. I cant be the only one bored out my napper with the old firm playing each other 147 times a year. 

14 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Another guess.

Here's another guess, the Wosfl blazers will very quietly mutter a protest and fall right back into line, like those wee nodding dogs you used to get in the car rear windows back in the good old days when the Junior Cup Final was played at Hampden.

2 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Here's another guess, the Wosfl blazers will very quietly mutter a protest and fall right back into line, like those wee nodding dogs you used to get in the car rear windows back in the good old days when the Junior Cup Final was played at Hampden.

Lol

By the looks of things over on the SPL forum its a massive NO from supporters of most of the top clubs including Hearts fans. Nothing from fans of the Old Firm who I suspect aren't bothered about it one way or another.

Leaving aside the usual "F**k the Old Firm" from the usual suspects on there no-one has actually came up with an alternative that would be acceptable to them other than  suggesting playing their B teams in the existing reserve league which they've already dismissed.

Is there even a compromise that could be reached for the benefit of the game as a whole or is it a case of the clubs saying as long as we're all right f**k the rest of you.

46 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

The "Non League" football site on Facebook is planning a month of action through May under the banner of "No to B teams" for anyone interested.

I will be giving it my support.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/nonleague/permalink/2144815472390860/

That's the kind of thing I was referring to. Thanks.

2 hours ago, santheman said:

By the looks of things over on the SPL forum its a massive NO from supporters of most of the top clubs including Hearts fans. Nothing from fans of the Old Firm who I suspect aren't bothered about it one way or another.

Leaving aside the usual "F**k the Old Firm" from the usual suspects on there no-one has actually came up with an alternative that would be acceptable to them other than  suggesting playing their B teams in the existing reserve league which they've already dismissed.

Is there even a compromise that could be reached for the benefit of the game as a whole or is it a case of the clubs saying as long as we're all right f**k the rest of you.

The only compromise I can see, is expand it to 20 teams include WOFSL, EOFSL & SOS. Two up from it, one play off 2nd bottom L2. Three down. Open up, almost closed shop that is LL, three up and three down, no play offs.

Other than that get old Firm to slim down reserves and youths. Use cash elsewhere.

It's not Scottish footballs problem that Old Firm have bloated youth systems. It's their problem.

Edited by Father Ted

They say there is not enough challenges in the Lowland league for progression for the Colt teams. Make them start at the bottom and work there way up through the ranks with proper promotion and relegation within a correct pyramid system and also extended the development league age limit to under 23 to allow for better preparation for the first team. After the 20’s some clubs lose their players to the Amateurs where if under 23’s who help solve that pathway and still be able to play with under 23’s and first team to gain experience 

1 minute ago, timeforchange said:

They say there is not enough challenges in the Lowland league for progression for the Colt teams. Make them start at the bottom and work there way up through the ranks with proper promotion and relegation within a correct pyramid system and also extended the development league age limit to under 23 to allow for better preparation for the first team. After the 20’s some clubs lose their players to the Amateurs where if under 23’s who help solve that pathway and still be able to play with under 23’s and first team to gain experience 

I see this argument posted a lot on here, what benefit do you think teams in the 4th Division of the WoSFL would get out of being horsed from these B teams? It would be soul destroying for teams who are run by volunteers and put a lot of time and effort in.

1 hour ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I see this argument posted a lot on here, what benefit do you think teams in the 4th Division of the WoSFL would get out of being horsed from these B teams? It would be soul destroying for teams who are run by volunteers and put a lot of time and effort in.

Thank you P. Most of the posters on here follow the traditional clubs, as y'all know I have been championing Div 4 and our new clubs. I have witnessed the time and effort these clubs have put in. Most of the players and staff do it with no financial reward and don't need their free time ruined putting up with these pampered wannabes.

Keep b teams out of Scottish Football.

5 minutes ago, timeforchange said:

Maybe it would be soul destroying but it is the correct way for progress everybody can find their own level and go as far as they wish if they want not just jump in front of others who have been working there way up correctly imo

Why are we even contemplating progression for the b teams. 

Where will it end?

Once b teams are in Championship, they'll be calling for c teams and so on.

2 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

That old chestnut. 

Shockingly enough the vast majority of non-league teams take a hiding a few times a season. They dont curl up in a ball for a cry. 

Flip side of that is when they those future superstars inevitability drop points, their fans say its the worst result ever, sack the manager, we need a whole new team. 

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

That old chestnut. 

Shockingly enough the vast majority of non-league teams take a hiding a few times a season. They dont curl up in a ball for a cry. 

Flip side of that is when they those future superstars inevitability drop points, their fans say its the worst result ever, sack the manager, we need a whole new team. 

So you would allow the 3 B teams into Div 4, where they would be almost all but guaranteed to fill the top spots, and deny one the genuine teams a chance to progress?