Champions v Loons

Forfar will be tough apponents on Saturday. Binos will be looking to maintain their unbeaten run but Forfar are pushing for a play-off place. Will DY make changes and give a start to players who have frequented the bench? Will Forfar spoil the party?

Prediction: score draw

We've been playing rancid the last few weeks since it was mathematically we were not getting relegated. 

Let's hope the Albion are in party spirit and hand out a few gifts. Can't see us getting anything from this unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong, which is quite often.

ETA - Congratulations to Stirling, best team in the league, you deserved it. All the best for next season. Hope we can join you.

Edited by SlipperyP

The turn around in Forfar since McKinnon took over is really impressive and all credit to him for turning things around. Slippery P obviously mentioned the poor performances over the last few weeks that their after match chats on here would suggest, however I'm still not going to take them lightly.

I hope the players and management team don't down tools this week, although winning the league is a memory they (and us fans) will never forget, i'm sure lifting the actual trophy will be the same, and it will be great to do that after another win if possible, so the team that gives us the best chance in achieving that will hopefully be on the park.

However, in saying that. with such a small squad, and with the players at his disposal, they can probably all be classed as First Team regulars anyway. After his impact on Saturday and with both Carrick looking like struggling during the celebrations and Thomson appearing to be injured as well, then I would like to see Greig Spence given a start.

Anyway, looking forward to the match and hopefully Forthbank will be vibrant once again with a bumper vocal crowd.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’ve no idea if Thomson is actually fit or not but judging by his social media posts he was on a stag do last week hence why he missed your game and subsequent celebrations. 

Ah was he, maybe he is not injured....I just assumed he was as he limped off against Dumbarton then wasn't around last Saturday. I'm sure whatever has happened has been ok'd by the club anyway.

5 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

Feel like we've been running on fumes for a while. Now that the adrenaline of the title race is gone, it wouldn't surprise me if we finish the season with two defeats.

I wouldn't like to predict how this game will end up. Although your team might be running on fumes, Forfar have been really poor the last two games. Given the state we were in under Irvine, the turnaround by McKinnon has been incredible so will the "near miss" of a relegation battle be enough for a team happy to still be in L2? Dunno, but to be in the play-offs means beating you guys then E. Fife. Not easy but would be nice to at least see Forfar getting it together.

Can’t see Stirling taking their foot off the gas. 1 keep SA fans happy. 2: continue unbeaten run. 3. Carrick chasing top scorer for league. 4. achieve  72 point target.

On the other hand. I expect Forfar to throw the kitchen sink at us. 

A day of mixed emotions yesterday, of which it simply left me a wee bit flat in truth.

I heard before the game that the squad was on it’s knees with injury problems, which is only understandable given the schedule over the last couple of months, and it gave the opportunity for a few of the less familiar faces in the starting line up and 2 youths from the academy the chance of First Team action.

I think the actual game was fine, a bit of an end of season feel to it, but I thought we did ok, created a couple of chances and looked solid enough at the back, whilst Forfar just looked predictable and unimaginative. They caused us little problem and when they did get in we’re just wasteful.

The scenes at the final whistle were really embarrassing to the club and that’s exactly what this lot have become, an embarrassment. They’re not Stirling fans, they’re youngsters that a lot of fans encouraged at first, who are now bringing shame onto the club, I’ve personally had enough of them.

Thankfully we managed to see our presentation, however a dodgy PA system and speakers put a dampener on that (really hope it’s fixed soon), but it was great to see the applause as players 1 at a time made their way out the changing rooms and onto the pitch, to see Kai Fotheringham and Harrison Clark back along for the celebrations, picking up their medals, To see guys like McGeachie, Banner and Law come through the academy and do it as well……. but just as the cup was to be lifted, these wee p***ks couldn’t contain themselves for another few minutes to let the pyrotechnics go off and for the players to properly celebrate before invading the pitch again. I wouldn’t have had an issue if they had just waited like the rest of us, but they wanted to take over and make things all about them, and it really wasn’t.

Anyway, a mixed day I thought, not what it should have been for genuine supporters and players, maybe others will disagree and that’s fine, it’s just how I felt personally.

1 more game and then onto next season, I suspect we’ll see further changes next week against Albion Rovers, as players continue to play through injury, which could help Albion Rovers.

I saw alot of us last season, in the Forfar team that trundled off the field, I’m not going to say what you should do from this point on however we stuck by a manager that had previous success at this level and knew what it took to bring, not only a squad but a club together. Maybe if you do that, you’ll have the same rewards as we have got this season. However there are no sure fire ways to appoint a manager so maybe the opposite could happen, whatever way it goes, best of luck next season.

Had a very end of season feel to it.

Nice move for the first goal.

Forfar unbelievably wasteful when presented with chances.

Kyle Banner was my man of fhe match yesterday.

It wss great to see them all come out individually and get their medals.

Dunno what these teenagers are thinking about, pathetic stuff going over to confront the travelling support. I agree it's embarassing.

Agree with BB_Bino. Very much a day of mixed emotions.

Brilliant to walk into the ground around 2:15 and seeing so many people in line to buy merchandise from the club shop. Very impressed with some of the 'Champions' merchandise on sale. 

Was very pleased to see Spence start. Put in a brilliant shift and deserved his goal. Felt like the defence was solid enough with a couple of shaky moments but happens at this level. Kyle Banner was outstanding yesterday. Great to see all the players being recognised at the end and seeing Kai and Harrison Clark make a return to pick up their medal. Nice touch as well to reward the groundsman for a truly outstanding playing surface for this time of year. 

Now onto a negative from yesterday that others have highlighted. The fans were warned not to go onto the pitch. Yes, the tannoy/speaker does need fixed. However, absolutely pathetic for the teenagers to sprint across to the healthy away support. I would say a lot of them have just started coming to the games over the past month but really hope many of them don't return if that's the way they act with opposition fans and in general not doing what they are told. 

Good luck to Forfar for next season. A very decent travelling support yesterday. You might be disappointed in the way your season has panned out but many of you were predicting relegation before McKinnon was appointed. A few decent signings over the summer and you should finish in top 4. 

The Young Team certainly let themselves down a bit yesterday (particularly with going over to the Forfar support). However, let's not blow anything out of proportion. Last week, I thought they were great, clearing the pitch after the first pitch 'invasion' when they were told to. Generally speaking, the noise and colour they provide is great. The positives far outweigh the negatives. Are there a few idiots in there? Of course, but I still find it very encouraging to now see so many youngsters coming to the matches.