Champions v Loons

The Young Team, aka the 1945 Crew, are spotty adolescents whose balls have yet to drop and have been warned many times this season as to their behaviour particularly on the use of flares both inside and outside football stadiums.  Some of them are known to the police and a bunch of them were being closely monitored in the town centre after yesterday’s game.

In my view the negatives far outweigh the positives in that they could be mistakenly seen as role models by those youngsters with their mums and dads at the game yesterday.  Potentially these morons could do the club damage unless they are clamped down upon and the troublemakers excluded. 

Yesterday’s antics will have been noted by the SPFL representative and it would not surprise me if someone has a quiet word in the Club’s ear.

It is worth mentioning that the adolescents weren’t the only ones who misbehaved at the Annan match last weekend.  When Duffy scored the third goal near the end this was greeted by an idiot in his 30’s in the away stand igniting a red flare.  This was dealt with promptly by the stewards who removed the flare from him and him being unceremoniously ejected from the ground.

Whether they are young folk yet to reach adulthood or 30 year old cretins who misbehave, we surely do not need them at our club?

6 minutes ago, Red Watch said:

In my view the negatives far outweigh the positives in that they could be mistakenly seen as role models by those youngsters with their mums and dads at the game yesterday.  Potentially these morons could do the club damage unless they are clamped down upon and the troublemakers excluded. 

Ok, well let's go back to when I was a teenager and I was pretty much the only one of my pals who went to Albion games. Seems like a solid plan for the future of the club.

Edited by unitedbino

5 hours ago, unitedbino said:

Ok, well let's go back to when I was a teenager and I was pretty much the only one of my pals who went to Albion games. Seems like a solid plan for the future of the club.

If the future of the club depends on tolerating neds who confront opposition supporters after a title win it's not much of a future.  Assaulting 10 year olds at an away match doesn't bode well for the future either.  No action just invites the behaviour to get worse.  It's not a time for the board to do a 3 wise monkeys cosplay, as you appear to advocate.

56 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

If the future of the club depends on tolerating neds who confront opposition supporters after a title win it's not much of a future.  Assaulting 10 year olds at an away match doesn't bode well for the future either.  No action just invites the behaviour to get worse.  It's not a time for the board to do a 3 wise monkeys cosplay, as you appear to advocate.

We have the opposite problem at Station Park, the young ones aren’t allowed to fart without the stewards pushing them around. I didn’t really see what happened at the end but I heard all about it on the bus, it’s not right charging across even to chuck stuff at, spit at and abuse our noisy young supporters but when women and children are on the receiving end too and back in the bus visibly upset by what just happened to them then it’s gone way too far.

All that aside, congratulations to Stirling Albion, very worthy champions, good luck next season lads.

2 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Absolutely agree, and how exactly do the club benefit from them?? A large chunk are probably coming in for free, none are wearing any kind of merch and I would hazard a guess that they’re too cool to buy a programme or 50/50 draw ticket…..so in what way do the club benefit from having a large chunk of them continually putting the club into the gutter??

Although, yes it was refreshing at first, watching all these kids come along, get behind the team and create an atmosphere (I actually encouraged it, making a few donations to help get the banners drums and whatever else),  it’s not on now. I thought the low point was Ochilview last season however it continues to get lower, what has to happen for them to stop?? Fighting rival fans on the pitch?

None of these little twats care about the albion. Can almost guarantee they will be old firm fans in a year. Put a right dark cloud on the experience yesterday and I was called out for cracking up with them 🤣. I can only apologise to the forfar fans who came to support there team and had to deal with that. Young families and innocent fans who may now and rightly so not think well of our club. 

As I said, the young fans let themselves down on Saturday. I'm not sure what the reference is to assaulting 10 year olds, but whatever that is obviously isn't acceptable. But look around Scottish football, young fans are being drawn in by the flags and the chanting and all that stuff - and not just to big clubs either (see Dumbarton's own youth section). I think it's great and I wish I'd had that when I was a kid. Instead, I sat in stands surrounded by oldies who clearly begrudged my presence. I guess some things haven't changed. 

3 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

A large chunk are probably coming in for free...

Unless you know something I don't, I highly doubt this is true. I I walked in behind a load of them a few weeks ago and they all paid (and were all handed a note of some kind that I presumed warned them against using flares).

7 hours ago, unitedbino said:

As I said, the young fans let themselves down on Saturday. I'm not sure what the reference is to assaulting 10 year olds, but whatever that is obviously isn't acceptable. But look around Scottish football, young fans are being drawn in by the flags and the chanting and all that stuff - and not just to big clubs either (see Dumbarton's own youth section). I think it's great and I wish I'd had that when I was a kid. Instead, I sat in stands surrounded by oldies who clearly begrudged my presence. I guess some things haven't changed. 

Yip, ok, I do agree with you on this one mate and can see where you are coming from. Have to admit that I would have been the same growing up, and I like seeing the lads enjoy themselves in that way. 

it wasn’t me that referenced it, but the reference to 10 year olds has come from the Dumbarton thread where there is chat of the club looking into an incident where 2 or 3 (I can’t remember) 10 year olds were chased and seriously beaten a few weeks ago.

8 hours ago, Thebino45 said:

None of these little twats care about the albion. Can almost guarantee they will be old firm fans in a year. Put a right dark cloud on the experience yesterday and I was called out for cracking up with them 🤣. I can only apologise to the forfar fans who came to support there team and had to deal with that. Young families and innocent fans who may now and rightly so not think well of our club. 

Think you might be the lad that sits behind me in the Morrisons End, if you are then I think you were spot on in what you were saying.

7 hours ago, unitedbino said:

Unless you know something I don't, I highly doubt this is true. I I walked in behind a load of them a few weeks ago and they all paid (and were all handed a note of some kind that I presumed warned them against using flares).

I may stand corrected then, maybe there is a bigger mix however on many occasions coming through the turnstiles, a lot have got in free as they were under 13. However if they are now of paying age and are paying then it makes my argument invalid.

Please, and I genuinely mean this, believe me when I say that I want these young lads along, and I want them to bring even more with them. I want them enjoying themselves and I want them singing and banging their drums and bouncing and getting behind the team and all that, superb and credit where it’s due. What I don’t want is them running on the pitch when there’s a game on, what I don’t want is them goading opposition supporters, what I don’t want is them bringing in flairs and what I don’t want is them running around outside Forthbank or inside Ochilview (last season), Alloa in pre-season fighting and needing the police called. If they can cut all that out, then perfect in my view and let’s encourage it.

44 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Yip, ok, I do agree with you on this one mate and can see where you are coming from. Have to admit that I would have been the same growing up, and I like seeing the lads enjoy themselves in that way. 

it wasn’t me that referenced it, but the reference to 10 year olds has come from the Dumbarton thread where there is chat of the club looking into an incident where 2 or 3 (I can’t remember) 10 year olds were chased and seriously beaten a few weeks ago.

Think you might be the lad that sits behind me in the Morrisons End, if you are then I think you were spot on in what you were saying.

I may stand corrected then, maybe there is a bigger mix however on many occasions coming through the turnstiles, a lot have got in free as they were under 13. However if they are now of paying age and are paying then it makes my argument invalid.

Please, and I genuinely mean this, believe me when I say that I want these young lads along, and I want them to bring even more with them. I want them enjoying themselves and I want them singing and banging their drums and bouncing and getting behind the team and all that, superb and credit where it’s due. What I don’t want is them running on the pitch when there’s a game on, what I don’t want is them goading opposition supporters, what I don’t want is them bringing in flairs and what I don’t want is them running around outside Forthbank or inside Ochilview (last season), Alloa in pre-season fighting and needing the police called. If they can cut all that out, then perfect in my view and let’s encourage it.

In short mate, there's a big difference between young fans and a gang out for aggro.  Young fans we want .  A gang can get tae f**k!

9 hours ago, unitedbino said:

I walked in behind a load of them a few weeks ago and they all paid (and were all handed a note of some kind that I presumed warned them against using flares).

And yet despite this, subsequently, they still persist in having and using flares.  Last year during the hot weather they set an embankment alight in Forthside Way with the fire brigade having to be called to deal with it.  Then the idiots posted the clip on You Tube clearly linking the club with illegal and dangerous activity.

15 hours ago, C_titz said:

What section of guys was it ? The ones to the left or the right of the tunnel as you look at it ?

And you had the nerve to disrespect the Bonnyrigg fans for throwing Crêpe paper streamers last Saturday. I rest my case.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

7 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

And you had the nerve to disrespect the Bonnyrigg fans for throwing Crêpe paper streamers last Saturday. I rest my case.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

That’s two murder attempts on innocent forfar fans in as many weeks . It’s getting ridiculous

14 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

I sit up the morrisions end so every chance it is me. Glad to see I ain't the only one who has issues with them!