Scottish Cup Final 2023 - ICT v Celtic

4 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

We were only given 10,000 tickets so it was impossible to get what we had for the 2015 final. If we don’t sell out the 10k it will be down to the kick off time and the lack of cheap travel options as the day trippers.

And the fact were going to get dismantled.  We were clear favourites to win in 2015.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

And the fact were going to get dismantled.  We were clear favourites to win in 2015.

I should have added that the others not going from 2015 will actually be at the game just in the other end.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Surely not! if that is the case then that's shocking given we had 14,000 at the 2015 Final, it demonstrates the lack of enthusiasm by the fans for the club with Dodds in team charge and Robertson as Sporting Director.

I think it's more that given the utter state of Scottish football right now, most people exepct an utter doing. Why shell out for that? Also what Ott said.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Fair point, and I'm not going to belabour the point but whoever made the 10,000 allocation must have thought that the figure would sell but didn't, I think that are many factors involved as has been pointed out including, as I mentioned, lack of enthusiasm for the club.

I and my wife like many others will possibly be surrounded by philistines. 

5 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Fair point, and I'm not going to belabour the point but whoever made the 10,000 allocation must have thought that the figure would sell but didn't, I think that are many factors involved as has been pointed out including, as I mentioned, lack of enthusiasm for the club.

I and my wife like many others will possibly be surrounded by philistines. 

Do you not need some sort of buying history of tickets for The Caley to get one too? Understandable given the vermin you are playing, but that will stop a lot of day trippers - unless only one person needs the history and can buy multiple tickets?

16 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Do you not need some sort of buying history of tickets for The Caley to get one too? Understandable given the vermin you are playing, but that will stop a lot of day trippers - unless only one person needs the history and can buy multiple tickets?

You can buy up to 4 tickets each if you had signed up before the 1st of April or whatever it was. Any day tripper who wanted to go would have been able to find someone they knew who could have bought them tickets, well I’d have thought anyway.

Edited by PB1994

Aye it's to stop all the Invernessian gloryhunting Celtic fans going in our end to see their club in the flesh for the first time in 5 years.

There was so much more hype before the final in 2015. I guess the drama of the semi-final, doing well in the league, etc. all contributed - but surely the primary factor was that it was our first ever Scottish Cup Final, and as a team barely 20 years old. For example, my Auntie (Invernesian, lives abroad, not particularly into football) came to the final in 2015 but didn’t even know that we were in it this year until last week.

I’m in Glasgow so don’t have the best read, but I honestly felt like there was more excitement around Inverness for the play-off final last year than for this.

8 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

It'll be delicious beyond imagining to win. I just can't see it, but. We'll be there, though.

Yep, I have no idea how I'll react if we, by some miracle, win the fucking thing.

The fact that we were pretty clear favourites in 2015 is also a major factor.  If we win this game, it will be the biggest upset in Scottish football history.  We just finished in the bottom half of the second tier, Celtic lost a single meaningful domestic game all season.  Since Postecoglu took over they've lost about four or five meaningful domestic games (Hearts, Rangers (league and cup) and Livi last season, St Mirren this).  We have lost more games to Hamilton Accies in that time.

It's a 1/100 shot for us to win this game and that's reflected in the build up etc.

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yep, I have no idea how I'll react if we, by some miracle, win the fucking thing.

I will emulate those Celtic fans at the weekend by setting off huge fireworks in a crowd and then fighting people with my trousers off.

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I will emulate those Celtic fans at the weekend by setting off huge fireworks in a crowd and then fighting people with my trousers off.

I was thinking about doing some bare-arsed fighting in George square.  Keep the clothes on my top half on but be totally naked from the waist down.

46 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Polite applause like last time.

Only jesting, hope you pump the c***s.

41 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

If we win this game, it will be the biggest upset in Scottish football history.

I love the sound of this, but is it true? Darvel beating Aberdeen got a lot of hype, but I think it was explainable by the fact that Aberdeen players were essentially downing tools to get Goodwin out. Any other contenders? Super-Caley-Go-Ballistic is the other one that comes to mind!

16 minutes ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

I love the sound of this, but is it true? Darvel beating Aberdeen got a lot of hype, but I think it was explainable by the fact that Aberdeen players were essentially downing tools to get Goodwin out. Any other contenders? Super-Caley-Go-Ballistic is the other one that comes to mind!

I’d say it’s absolutely true. Mainly because it is a final. Darvel, our 3-1 at Parkhead, Brora beating Hearts were/are all huge shocks but in the early rounds of the competition you can get complacency/motivation problems from the bigger clubs in the tie or they could be a total shambles, like Aberdeen and Celtic under Barnes were. 

This is a completely different situation. One of the best Celtic teams in the last 30 years? Certainly up there, going for the domestic treble and only lost twice in the league, as mentioned above one of which was a meaningless game, and have swatted aside every team in the Premiership with ease playing great football. Coming up against a side who finished 6th in the Championship. The gap between both sides is fucking massive.

Ive said it before already but if this was a quarter final or before in Glasgow or a run of the mill league game not in a million years would I be going to watch us get fisted by them lot. However since it’s a final and you always have that stupid voice in the back of your head saying “what if” you have to go and watch it as you would be spewing for the rest of your life if you didn’t bother going and we ended up somehow getting a result.

3 hours ago, Rugster said:

ST's could buy 8 tickets for the final.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

A favourite antic of  the Hampden of yesteryear was pishing in a bottle and throwing it open topped over the crowd, especially over the english contingent.

Many left the ground pished in more ways than one.