Scottish Cup Final 2023 - ICT v Celtic

Looking forward to this. Was good to see Celtic return to form at the weekend, albeit Caley will have much more to play for than Aberdeen did on Saturday. Good that unsold tickets have went back to Celtic. Have seen a few Celtic fans say that they've got tickets in the Caley end - not sure I'd want to bite my lip all day but fair enough to those who can. Don't blame them for wanting to be there, it is a massive game and a chance to make history with 8 trebles if things go our way. 

Are Caley likely to sit in and soak up as much pressure as they can or will they try a high press? The high press gave our squad players problems in the three dead rubber games prior to the weekend, and before that at times our first team have looked unconvincing against it too. Long day to park the bus, but I suppose Dodds won't want his team out on their feet by half time, be interesting to see what they do. Think we'll treat it like any other game. 

4 hours ago, GeorgiosSamaras said:

Are Caley likely to sit in and soak up as much pressure as they can or will they try a high press? The high press gave our squad players problems in the three dead rubber games prior to the weekend, and before that at times our first team have looked unconvincing against it too. Long day to park the bus, but I suppose Dodds won't want his team out on their feet by half time, be interesting to see what they do. Think we'll treat it like any other game. 

As in Real Madrid 5 Celtic 1  Nov 2022??

I'd forgotten that Joe Hart plays for Celtic, he's probably my least favourite footballer of all time.  An utter p***k.  In respect of me, I think Celtic should play Scott "Dickfingers" Bain in goal instead.

TBF, Hart only gets away with it in Scotland because of the massive disparity between his team and their partners, and everyone else. Even so he commits a fair number of howlers.

If it's at all possible to get Billy the ball to his feet in the box, or have Shaw running at an unprotected Hart, things could get interesting. Ach, we can dream.

Sign Leigh Griffiths on a one-game contract and bring him on if there's a free kick outside the box shooting towards the West Stand?

Edited by KirkieRR

33 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

As in Real Madrid 5 Celtic 1  Nov 2022??

Exactly like that. Whether we are playing Real Madrid, Rangers or Caley it's all the same. Remains to be seen whether Caley scud us like Madrid or get tanked like Rangers. 

Edited by GeorgiosSamaras

11 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

If I see anyone who isn't a The Caley fan in our end, regardless of whether they're supporting us or not, they'll be getting battered. Piggybacking on The Caley's success so you get a wee day out to Hampden is unacceptable.

Square go. 

2 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

First time in the flesh at the national stadium, I meant. Second time for me and many, many thousands of The Caley fans.

Bit of a gutter I won’t be cheering Caley on to get us into Europe this time, I must say. 

1 minute ago, PSJ.84 said:

Bit of a gutter I won’t be cheering Caley on to get us into Europe this time, I must say. 

In honour of your club dealing a demoralising blow to the Dingwall Racists, The Caley fans will revoke your battering as long as you batter a Celtic fan instead.

3 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

In honour of your club dealing a demoralising blow to the Dingwall Racists, The Caley fans will revoke your battering as long as you batter a Celtic fan instead.

Deal. 

41 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

I’m not sure that covers the 4-0 they gave us in the play offs last year so maybe a swift kick to the tadger will suffice.