Scottish Cup Final 2023 - ICT v Celtic

A tense 90 mins, dominated by the OldFirmers but with Billy Mackay teasing the Opposition defence. Then Shaw unexpectedly weaves into the box, lays it off for late sub Doran, who side-foots it for goal. It strikes Joe Hart's knee, bounces off the inside of the post, and then into the net aff his dandruffy heid.

Scenes. Scenes.

That's my prediction based on detailed computer analysis of all available data*.

* Not really

3 hours ago, sophia said:

I'd agree but Chris McLaughlin's scoop is that he has news of a Billy Dodds "tactical tweak". This intrigues me and such a roll of the dice certainly lulled St Johnstone into a false sense of security in the first half of the first leg play off last year.

Dodds does like to match up other teams formations once in a while. So I can see Harper going into a middle 3. Would give us a little more structure, if we're pinned back for a lot of the game. 

Doddsy should show the squad the btl comments on the Daily Record's FB preview of the final. Lots of OldFirmers convinced the bhoys should have no trouble beating what one called 'a third-rate Highland League team'.

OK so most of them aren't the brightest or best-informed or most aware of the history of the fixture. But if it helps to fire up the team...

Nae fear, nothing to lose, all pundits expect, want, the OldFirm deadbeats to coast it, so in their faces, don't give them a minute's peace, get tore right in and if you have the merest glimpse of goal, remember their keeper is a jittery diddy.

Edited by KirkieRR