John Beaton X1 v Aberdeen

2 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Several opposition fans (and Willie Miller) are quick to say Duk goes down too easily. Certainly wasn’t the case here.

He also hurdled a late, high lunge from Goldson (?) in the second half and saved him what should have been a booking. 

He's too honest and needs to be a bit cleverer. 

The sakala/bates incident is good context for why it’s so frustrating. 

Compare Beaton assessing that goldson did nothing wrong yesterday with giving a late penalty to rangers for a totally innocuous coming together. That definitely suggests a bias of sorts going on in his head. A different threshold for decision making. Similarly I remember Lewis Ferguson being booked for kicking the ball away last season and a rangers player getting away with literally exactly the same thing. Think that was Beaton too?

1 hour ago, AJF said:

This was the still I was talking about, Goldson has clearly let go of Duk by this point.

He is still flattening him in that photo whether his arm is holding Duk or not. And you have no idea what his left arm/hand is doing at that point.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

He is still flattening him in that photo whether his arm is holding Duk or not. And you have no idea what his left arm/hand is doing at that point.

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, that’s fair enough, I’m making the assumption he threw them both out from what I recall. I think the video posted before you can also see his left arm is thrown out too.

33 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, that’s fair enough, I’m making the assumption he threw them both out from what I recall. I think the video posted before you can also see his left arm is thrown out too.

If that was the case would you then not expect to see Goldson's left arm sticking out away from his body and coming in to shot?

From the video Goldson only throws out his left arm after Duk hits the floor.

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

So that's it settled then.,

We all agree that Beaton is a cheating c**t. The SFA are all Masons and it's conspiracy to help Rangers.

Yet they are still so pish that they fail to get their hands on any silverware.

The 1980s before Souness arrival described 

4 hours ago, AJF said:

I’ve already covered why I believe that may be the case (potential doubt in some decisions that referees find appealing). Couple it with the fact that VAR hasn’t been in place for the full season, your statement is a bit misleading.

I’d also suggest a counter argument that if you are concerned that VAR are getting involved and awarding decisions against Celtic more, then that surely suggests the on field referees have been incorrectly officiating in Celtic’s favour?

It’s been there for the majority and I don’t think there is any other club that hasn’t had  VAR intervene to give a penalty against in the league except Rangers. I would accept that if there were no instances worthy of debate but again that’s not the case.

Your counter argument is whataboutery and deflection. I didn’t mention Celtic or indeed allude to any concerns that I have. 

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

It’s been there for the majority and I don’t think there is any other club that hasn’t had  VAR intervene to give a penalty against in the league except Rangers. I would accept that if there were no instances worthy of debate but again that’s not the case.

Your counter argument is whataboutery and deflection. I didn’t mention Celtic or indeed allude to any concerns that I have. 

The majority, but not all. And as I’ve said before, the reason that I think we have been fortunate enough to not concede a penalty (in the league) is more to do with there being enough room to cast doubt on many decisions that the referees (and VARs) have decided not to penalise us for. And for the aforementioned pressure I’ve talked about, they’ve probably been happy to use this.

I’m not saying none of them were penalties, but off the top of my head I can’t think of many decisions that haven’t had an element of interpretation open to them.

And apologies, when you were talking about VAR decisions “we” have seen, I’ve interpreted that you meant we as in Celtic, rather than a collective we.

Edited by AJF

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

The sakala/bates incident is good context for why it’s so frustrating. 

Compare Beaton assessing that goldson did nothing wrong yesterday with giving a late penalty to rangers for a totally innocuous coming together. That definitely suggests a bias of sorts going on in his head. A different threshold for decision making. Similarly I remember Lewis Ferguson being booked for kicking the ball away last season and a rangers player getting away with literally exactly the same thing. Think that was Beaton too?

Good chance it was Beaton seeing as the SFA have appointed the cheating b@stard to 3 of the last 4 Aberdeen games at Ibrox. 

1 hour ago, AJF said:

The majority, but not all. And as I’ve said before, the reason that I think we have been fortunate enough to not concede a penalty (in the league) is more to do with there being enough room to cast doubt on many decisions that the referees (and VARs) have decided not to penalise us for. And for the aforementioned pressure I’ve talked about, they’ve probably been happy to use this.

I’m not saying none of them were penalties, but off the top of my head I can’t think of many decisions that haven’t had an element of interpretation open to them.

I hate to use Celtic as an example, but the penalty given against O'Riley is probably the worst decision of the season, and compare that to Goldson's handball against Celtic. Which one is most doubtful?

37 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I hate to use Celtic as an example, but the penalty given against O'Riley is probably the worst decision of the season, and compare that to Goldson's handball against Celtic. Which one is most doubtful?

I don’t recall the O’Riley one. Goldson’s against Celtic there was specific IFAB guidance that got quoted at the time about it not being a handball if your arms instinctively raise if the ball is travelling towards your face.

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

I don’t recall the O’Riley one. Goldson’s against Celtic there was specific IFAB guidance that got quoted at the time about it not being a handball if your arms instinctively raise if the ball is travelling towards your face.

Seems that the IFAB guidance didn't make it as far as Livingston when Connor Barron was penalised for exactly the same thing by the VAR/referee combination. 

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Seems that the IFAB guidance didn't make it as far as Livingston when Connor Barron was penalised for exactly the same thing by the VAR/referee combination. 

That’s most unfortunate

37BD4BDE-35C4-4ACB-ABDC-2C8263CBFD7D.jpeg

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I would add the Goldson one against Dundee United which wasn’t given especially if you compare that to the one we got against Livi I think which was pretty bonkers tbh.

O’Riley has had the shit stick this season with pens, I’m sure she’s had 3 or 4 given against him 

Edited by Jinky67