23 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Personally, no.  He's too wide for it to be a clear goalscoring opportunity.  It's also nowt to do with yesterday though

It’s a similar incident so I see why it’s referenced. I said it was a red at the time, I actually remember having an argument on here with another Celtic fan about it. I do also remember most people at the time also believing it to be a stick on red including 1 or 2 Hearts fans ironically who have a very different opinion of yesterday

1 hour ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

You must have been the lone Celtic fan not thinking that was signs of a conspiracy then

It was a stupid tackle from Bitton and the red was justified. There are a plethora of videos with similar examples, all red cards.

6 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

“Obviously it’s going to be a red card”

Aw no, don’t be the guy who posts the weekly dermot Gallagher monologue. 

It’s not obviously anything. It could easily be (and my view is) a yellow card which was the infield decision. It’s the use of VAR here which angers people. 

Celtic fans sticking like glue to their VAR World Brand.

I'm past caring about VAR. It's so obviously shite and it has a major negative impact on the experience of being at games (our last two league games with Celtic being 'clear and obvious' examples of this).

It simply doesn't matter what anyone says. Celtic fans will relentlessly agree with decisions that go their way and disagree with the ones that go against them. They're just tiresome and boring.

Clear and obvious, eh? f**k the whole thing.

29 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'm past caring about VAR. It's so obviously shite and it has a major negative impact on the experience of being at games (our last two league games with Celtic being 'clear and obvious' examples of this).

It simply doesn't matter what anyone says. Celtic fans will relentlessly agree with decisions that go their way and disagree with the ones that go against them. They're just tiresome and boring.

It is amusing how competent they suddenly find the officials when it goes their way. 

This is a support that had an entire stadium booing at full time of a 6-1 victory over hibs because the ref had disallowed a 7th. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aw no, don’t be the guy who posts the weekly dermot Gallagher monologue. 

It’s not obviously anything. It could easily be (and my view is) a yellow card which was the infield decision. It’s the use of VAR here which angers people. 

Why not? It’s my belief it’s a red and Walsh got it wrong in the same way I didn’t complain about Bittons red for a very similar situation for which ironically a lot of people posting on this thread thought was a fair red card but this one isn’t. 🤷‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It is amusing how competent they suddenly find the officials when it goes their way. 

This is a support that had an entire stadium booing at full time of a 6-1 victory over hibs because the ref had disallowed a 7th. 

If we found the official competent wouldn’t we be applauding Walsh for giving the red in the first instance without the need for VAR interference? 

55 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Add the Michael Smith non penalty to that clear and obvious list 

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Add the Michael Smith non penalty to that clear and obvious list 

I've posted about that decision previously, and outlined the reasons I can see that it wasn't given and the reasons that it could have been given. Smith was moving quickly to one side, and the swing of his arm towards the ball being completely natural (not that you see that if all you watch is the one-second slow-mo) is probably what got him off the hook. It could have been given, but I don't think the decision either way would have been 'clearly and obviously' wrong. I think if the ref on the pitch had given it, VAR would have stuck with that.

Celtic fans lost their minds over that game. Even to the point of widely sharing completely misleading images relating to offside decisions. Remember the 'gave them a chance to launch the ball into the box!!' late offside call with the image of the ball in the air showing the Celtic player onside? Strangely, no Celtic fans online were falling over themselves to share the later wider image showing him to be clearly offside.

Nor was it apparent why a referee so desperate to help Hearts would have failed to give us the most obvious penalty of the season in the first half (before VAR intervened) and waited until stoppage time to start giving us mad decisions.

VAR has been very bad for Celtic fans, and, honestly, it's been very bad for my enjoyment of the game. Celtic fans have been absolutely tiresome and insufferable about every single call in every single game.

Honestly, your fans are a part of the picture that's shoved me to pack it in next season. Scottish fitba has always been petty and partisan. But I'm done with the media coverage and online commentary of our league being dominated by a support and a club that treats every offside decision like the Kennedy assassination and requiring forensic analysis. It's all pointless anyway, as you think any decision against you is wrong and any decision for you is right, so it's all a waste of time.

Next season I'll be at Burton Albion. You can keep it.

9 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I've posted about that decision previously, and outlined the reasons I can see that it wasn't given and the reasons that it could have been given. Smith was moving quickly to one side, and the swing of his arm towards the ball being completely natural (not that you see that if all you watch is the one-second slow-mo) is probably what got him off the hook. It could have been given, but I don't think the decision either way would have been 'clearly and obviously' wrong. I think if the ref on the pitch had given it, VAR would have stuck with that.

Celtic fans lost their minds over that game. Even to the point of widely sharing completely misleading images relating to offside decisions. Remember the 'gave them a chance to launch the ball into the box!!' late offside call with the image of the ball in the air showing the Celtic player onside? Strangely, no Celtic fans online were falling over themselves to share the later wider image showing him to be clearly offside.

Nor was it apparent why a referee so desperate to help Hearts would have failed to give us the most obvious penalty of the season in the first half (before VAR intervened) and waited until stoppage time to start giving us mad decisions.

VAR has been very bad for Celtic fans, and, honestly, it's been very bad for my enjoyment of the game. Celtic fans have been absolutely tiresome and insufferable about every single call in every single game.

Honestly, your fans are a part of the picture that's shoved me to pack it in next season. Scottish fitba has always been petty and partisan. But I'm done with the media coverage and online commentary of our league being dominated by a support and a club that treats every offside decision like the Kennedy assassination and requiring forensic analysis. It's all pointless anyway, as you think any decision against you is wrong and any decision for you is right, so it's all a waste of time.

That’s not entirely true as you can see on this topic Celtic fans aren’t all agreed on this decision and it was the same for the penalty we got against Livi and the one not given against us v Killie.

35 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Why not? It’s my belief it’s a red and Walsh got it wrong in the same way I didn’t complain about Bittons red for a very similar situation for which ironically a lot of people posting on this thread thought was a fair red card but this one isn’t. 🤷‍♂️

If we found the official competent wouldn’t we be applauding Walsh for giving the red in the first instance without the need for VAR interference? 

Because dermot Gallagher is a bad faith actor talking shite. Hope that helps. Just because it supports your ‘belief’ doesn’t make it any more valid. 

22 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

That’s not entirely true as you can see on this topic Celtic fans aren’t all agreed on this decision and it was the same for the penalty we got against Livi and the one not given against us v Killie.

Think he's at least the third alone on this thread claiming this  despite the evidence saying otherwise on here. Their heads are so warped by a narrative they just ignore reality right in front of their face.

35 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Yeah it's definitely nothing to do with Hearts shitting the bed for 3rd place.

Edited by gannonball

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Because dermot Gallagher is a bad faith actor talking shite. Hope that helps. Just because it supports your ‘belief’ doesn’t make it any more valid. 

A bit ridiculous to say he is talking shite given he will have more experience than anyone on here including you and I.

However I think ex refs like Gallagher don't help by acting so certain over their interpretation of the rules when giving what is their educated opinion. It's the same with the orc guy on the Monday VARDICT giving his opinion with such gusto backing the ref only for it to be hilariously overturned by an appeal days later. 

For this incident I get why folk think it's a red and I get why folk think it's a yellow. I don't think either are particularly wrong.

When Gallagher said Morelos’ goal against Celtic should’ve stood his opinion was worth f**k all. That taught me that it’s futile to use the opinion of ex-referee’s because your opinion of them will change depending on what way they go.

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

A bit ridiculous to say he is talking shite given he will have more experience than anyone on here including you and I.

However I think ex refs like Gallagher don't help by acting so certain over their interpretation of the rules when giving what is their educated opinion. It's the same with the orc guy on the Monday VARDICT giving his opinion with such gusto backing the ref only for it to be hilariously overturned by an appeal days later. 

For this incident I get why folk think it's a red and I get why folk think it's a yellow. I don't think either are particularly wrong.

These guys are always very reluctant to criticise their colleagues and generally side with them. As you just said, they can often end up with egg on their face when the appeals come in. The fact that in this case he says a red card is ‘obvious’ to me suggests he’s talking shite. 

It is not obvious at all, there is an argument for it but was it worth a VAR intervention as clearly the wrong decision? No. 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

These guys are always very reluctant to criticise their colleagues and generally side with them. As you just said, they can often end up with egg on their face when the appeals come in. The fact that in this case he says a red card is ‘obvious’ to me suggests he’s talking shite. 

It is not obvious at all, there is an argument for it but was it worth a VAR intervention as clearly the wrong decision? No. 

Fair enough tbh, I said at the time it didn't require VAR but how many times have we said that this season, folk have lost the run of themselves over it for this one badly though. Collum was always going intervene as he can't help himself.

22 hours ago, AJF said:

Eddie Murphy Lol GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Yet Tony Ralston is on course to win more trophies in one season than hall of fame winning Rangers legend Tav has won in eight.

Some very bitter takes on the last couple of pages from a support that literally moaned so much about a marginal offside decision that Head of Referees Crawford Allen broke convention to condemn. You had Robbie Neilson, who was never beaten fairly bitch and moan after every pumping dished out to his team. Yet it's Celtic who have broken you and sent you to Staffordshire. 

We are told that Celtic fans will justify any decision that goes for their team in the same thread where Hearts fans are trying to say the Michael Smith save in the box wasn't a penalty. They're bitching about how long it took to give one of their two penalties in the same game where Celtic were denied a goal for a non-existent foul because the referee blew to early. 

The red card on Sunday was the correct decision. That said, yes Scottish referees are terrible and we should get rid of the lot of them. The Champions still come out on top every time we play you though because we're much better than you (and Burton Albion). 

11 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Fair enough tbh, I said at the time it didn't require VAR but how many times have we said that this season, folk have lost the run of themselves over it for this one badly though. Collum was always going intervene as he can't help himself.

I think it’s a bit dismissive to just say collum can’t help himself. 

It can’t be overstated how frustrating it is playing Celtic, performing pretty well in a game where the odds are stacked against you anyway, only for VAR to change the entire context of the game when there is really no need to. Why are we so desperate to send folk off now we have VAR? 

And I say this with Aberdeen having benefitted from this decision btw.