Edinburgh v Airdrieonians

6 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Is there anything to the rumour that the money man has chucked it at FC Edinburgh? 

Seems to be looking to sell 

Darvel/EK/Whoever a mere 100k will buy you a League 1 place...

16 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Is there anything to the rumour that the money man has chucked it at FC Edinburgh? If so playing “17 going under” at full time is quite apt.

Some quality goals and finally breaking the Edinburgh City hoodoo. Must say though Taylor-Sinclair and Byrd were the most composed centre back pairing we’ve seen all season. McMaster stroller it in the middle and Telfer had the best game in weeks.

Albeit it was a dead rubber, but good to get some momentum going to the play-offs.

Byrd's been decent when he's played I think. I didn't think he was as bad at Palmerston as was made out, certainly in the context of how the rest of the team played that day - the 2 full-backs were awful that day and even experiended guys like Frizz and McCabe were far worse. Fordyce and ATS will definitely start if fit, if ATS isn't then it's between Byrd and McCabe. I'm just not sure Byrd has played enough games to have McCabe's trust yet. But I've seen enough that if we are trying to see out a game and need a bit more height at the back he'd hold his own.

6 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Byrd's been decent when he's played I think. I didn't think he was as bad at Palmerston as was made out, certainly in the context of how the rest of the team played that day - the 2 full-backs were awful that day and even experiended guys like Frizz and McCabe were far worse. Fordyce and ATS will definitely start if fit, if ATS isn't then it's between Byrd and McCabe. I'm just not sure Byrd has played enough games to have McCabe's trust yet. But I've seen enough that if we are trying to see out a game and need a bit more height at the back he'd hold his own.

No chance Byrd will start play off games and agree he wasn't helped by others at Palmerston but he again lost his man (East) at the corner last week.

Having said that, I've not given up on him at all as he has ability and the required physical attributes necessary but needs to be more streetwise, aggressive and learn the art of defending. Not yet 21 and only played at a low level in Australia so definitely there's improvement to come.