Albion Rovers V Stirling Albion

A game Rovers have to win to possibly avoid the play offs.  A game where Stirling will want to keep their unbeaten run going right to the end. Will it be same again, or will some first team regulars return for one last show?   Either way, game on and goodbye for now league 2.

51 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

Might be the last chance to see Cliftonhill for a while.

True, like East Stirlingshire, Berwick & Cowdenbeath, if Albion go down then I don’t think we’ll be seeing them back any time soon.

As for what to expect, really don’t know but suspect the starting lineup will be similar to Saturday past.

11 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

A game Rovers have to win to possibly avoid the play offs.  A game where Stirling will want to keep their unbeaten run going right to the end. Will it be same again, or will some first team regulars return for one last show?   Either way, game on and goodbye for now league 2.

Rovers have to win to stand any chance of avoiding 10th spot while Elgin need to beat Bonnyrigg. Can’t see either happening. 

2 hours ago, Bucky said:

Rovers have to win to stand any chance of avoiding 10th spot while Elgin need to beat Bonnyrigg. Can’t see either happening. 

I never saw you beating Dumbarton 5-1 away from home coming, but you did it.   Rose on a bit of a run unbeaten though, so  it doesn't look good for Rovers that's true.

Just want to say thanks to everyone who has made this season so memorable - not just players, but my fellow fans. Seeing sold-out crowds at Forthbank again, as well as bumper away crowds at Dumbarton/Stenny etc, has filled me with real hope for the future of the club. It's been great fun.

39 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

I never saw you beating Dumbarton 5-1 away from home coming, but you did it.   Rose on a bit of a run unbeaten though, so  it doesn't look good for Rovers that's true.

The good thing about Sandy Clark is he had admitted that the play offs are likely which is realistic. Rovers fans and fans of other clubs tell us we have a good chance of winning them but the time for talking is over. The league table doesn’t lie and ironically we have a better team than last season we’ve been far too inconsistent.

3 hours ago, unitedbino said:

Just want to say thanks to everyone who has made this season so memorable - not just players, but my fellow fans. Seeing sold-out crowds at Forthbank again, as well as bumper away crowds at Dumbarton/Stenny etc, has filled me with real hope for the future of the club. It's been great fun.

Would like to second that, well said @unitedbino

Well that was a dire way to end the season, but when was the last time we actually played well in Coatbridge?

The young lads stealing Primary School boys scarfs really was a new low for me, embarrassing!!

Ah well, glad to be home and when you look at the squad, it was obvious we were on our knees, so what does it matter……League 1 here we come!

We were dreadful and got exactly what we deserved.

Never mind their fans watching us and wondering how we won the league. I'm watching and thinking how are rovers bottom.

Thet team should have way more points than Elgin or Bonnyrigg. The front 3 gave us more problems than nearly every team I've seen this season.

Still an enjoyable afternoon out. Cannae beat a Christies pie either

I think 39 points is the highest total in history for a bottom-placed team in the Scottish bottom tier.

Not sure any has ever managed a goal difference as "high" as -1, either.

1 hour ago, WattersIsGod said:

Never mind their fans watching us and wondering how we won the league. I'm watching and thinking how are rovers bottom.

Thet team should have way more points than Elgin or Bonnyrigg. The front 3 gave us more problems than nearly every team I've seen this season.

I've been wondering this for months. 

Good luck to the Wee Rovers in the playoffs. When's the second leg at Cliftonhill? If it doesn't clash with a Sons game I'll aim to get along.

4 minutes ago, Albino Rover said:

I think 39 points is the highest total in history for a bottom-placed team in the Scottish bottom tier.

Not sure any has ever managed a goal difference as "high" as -1, either.

We likely both wondered which Albion Rovers would turn up for this, now we know.  The coming contest with the Spartans could be as epic as Brechin V Spartans. at the end  Buckle up.

3 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Well that was a dire way to end the season, but when was the last time we actually played well in Coatbridge?

The young lads stealing Primary School boys scarfs really was a new low for me, embarrassing!!

Ah well, glad to be home and when you look at the squad, it was obvious we were on our knees, so what does it matter……League 1 here we come!

As I said before, no official condemnation or action invites the behaviour to get worse.  No statement, no condemnation, nothing!  The silence of the bams.