Scottish Cup 2023/24

Marten

6 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

How many TV games are there? Thought it was just 1 BBC pick for rounds 1 to 3 but folk have been talking as if there will be 2 or more? 

6 hours ago, Ray Patterson said:

It's one TV game from Rounds 1 to 3, but the BBC have shown a second in previous years but that's usually been down to Covid or something.

The contract is 8, including the final, for Viaplay and 11, including the final, for BBC. That’s 18 total games…1 Final, 2 Semis, 4 Quarters, plus the single Rd 1 and 2 games already…that’s 9 done. Rds 3, 4 and 5 thus share 9 more games. While 4 games each in rounds 4 and 5 are possible, I’d expect more than one Rd 3 game to be broadcast.

The Aberdeen vs Rangers game on the 26th is scheduled, so any games would be likely be broadcast on the Friday, Saturday or Monday.

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

The contract is 8, including the final, for Viaplay and 11, including the final, for BBC. That’s 18 total games…1 Final, 2 Semis, 4 Quarters, plus the single Rd 1 and 2 games already…that’s 9 done. Rds 3, 4 and 5 thus share 9 more games. While 4 games each in rounds 4 and 5 are possible, I’d expect more than one Rd 3 game to be broadcast.

The Aberdeen vs Rangers game on the 26th is scheduled, so any games would be likely be broadcast on the Friday, Saturday or Monday.

You’re over-complicating it by combining both broadcasters’ totals. Not least because one semi-final needs to be double-counted. 

The BBC’s 11 is made up of two per round from 4-6 (six games), one semi-final, and one final, leaving one per round from 1-3. 

Viaplay also have 9, not 8. Two per round from 4-6, two semi-finals, and the final. 

Edited by The Master

11 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

But Palmerston’s a tough place to go. Cup shock written all over this. 😳😂

I had a feeling before the draw that if we had an away tie against more or less anyone it was likely to be the tv game, but there are a couple of more attractive options I think.

8 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Think our game could well get picked but have no desire to see it getting moved to a Friday or Monday night.

In the unlikely event both ourselves and Raith meet in the play-offs, we’ll have played each other EIGHT times this season.

:jerry Boring !!

3 hours ago, The Master said:

You’re over-complicating it by combining both broadcasters’ totals. Not least because one semi-final needs to be double-counted. 

The BBC’s 11 is made up of two per round from 4-6 (six games), one semi-final, and one final, leaving one per round from 1-3. 

Viaplay also have 9, not 8. Two per round from 4-6, two semi-finals, and the final. 

Excellent summary, can you say where you got the data? I tried searching all over, but the SPFL seems awfully cryptic on their agreements.

19 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Excellent summary, can you say where you got the data? I tried searching all over, but the SPFL seems awfully cryptic on their agreements.

It’s the Scottish Cup, so an SFA deal. 

From season 2019-20, BBC Scotland will also showcase one live match in Rounds 1 to 3 ensuring high quality coverage throughout the competition.

Supporters will be able to watch four live matches in Rounds 4 to 6, with both broadcasters each screening two live games per round on an exclusive basis. In the later stages of the tournament, Premier Sports will broadcast one semi-final exclusively while the other semi-final and the final will be shown across both channels.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scottish-fa-announce-scottish-cup-broadcasting-deals/

Edit: obviously all mentions of “Premier Sports” now mean “Viaplay”. 

Edited by The Master

9 hours ago, sparky88 said:

They BBC should (and will) pick either the Dunbar or Tranent matches.

Dunfermline v Raith Rovers is the blandest tie imaginable. 

I would be absolutely shocked to my core if they chose either of those matches.

Tranent vs Forfar or Dunbar vs Alloa? I can almost guarantee that at least one Championship club will be televised.

33 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I would be absolutely shocked to my core if they chose either of those matches.

Tranent vs Forfar or Dunbar vs Alloa? I can almost guarantee that at least one Championship club will be televised.

Non league v league would be better than two clubs that play each other every week.

20 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I can't see our tie being remotely attractive for TV.

It's not even attractive for fans of the clubs involved.

^^^ shiting it already.

As someone who has to watch all the games on TV I hope our game gets covered to give me a break from the DUTV commentary team.

Edited by Granny Danger