Scottish Cup 2023/24

Marten

1 minute ago, ScottishZizou said:

Actually wish this wasn’t going to extra time as now I feel obliged to see this go it’s conclusion and it’s utter dross 

Wonder how many penalties they could miss, first time all 11 go skyward?

11 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Why are Clyde playing Darren Whyte a man who, when fit, is one of the best centre-halves in League Two, in central midfield?

100% this.

For me one of the reasons McLean got sacked, Whyte was a complete passenger in midfield, and in effect we were starting 4 Centre Backs last night ! Could see the difference in the middle of the park when Scullion came on, after that we started to control the game in midfield.

Fact that everyone can see that apart from McLean and Millar is worrying, we need to get a manager in that actually knows something about  football !

I actually thought Leslie was poor in the main, his touch with his back to goal is abysmal, perhaps as he's used to receiving with his back to the touchline.

He doesn't look used to playing centrally but it's that old problem: A wide player who can maybe do a lot more out wide, with little end product because crosses are always a bit of a lottery. Or a 10 who maybe only produces one moment, but it's a much bigger opportunity because he's central.

That said, can't argue with two assists and a goal, even if Young should really get the assist for Rennie's.

Definitely a player I'd rather we have, than one of our peers.

On 31/10/2023 at 12:01, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Impressed with Leslie last night. Only down side is he looks like that ishowspeed idiot

They look nothing alike and this could easily be taken wrong.  Would hope you don't mean anything untowards but perhaps reconsider this particular comparison?  

On 31/10/2023 at 14:50, David W said:

I actually thought Leslie was poor in the main, his touch with his back to goal is abysmal, perhaps as he's used to receiving with his back to the touchline.

He doesn't look used to playing centrally but it's that old problem: A wide player who can maybe do a lot more out wide, with little end product because crosses are always a bit of a lottery. Or a 10 who maybe only produces one moment, but it's a much bigger opportunity because he's central.

That said, can't argue with two assists and a goal, even if Young should really get the assist for Rennie's.

Definitely a player I'd rather we have, than one of our peers.

Kian will frustrate and delight and his need to first team football is evident in his performances for us so far.  He has been instrumental in the few matches we have taken anything from, was hugely missed whilst injured but also went missing in games or played poorly in matches we have lost.  I still fall on the side like you that he is still a positive but for his own development I think an extension to the loan beyond January will benefit both sides.  Especially if we get a manager in that knows what he is doing and can make the neccessary adjustments to his game that will push him on.  

2 hours ago, Glorious Purpose said:

They look nothing alike and this could easily be taken wrong.  Would hope you don't mean anything untowards but perhaps reconsider this particular comparison? 

I apologise for an offence caused, not my intention 

Any news on the date for the Clyde v Jeanfield game

Saints are at Hearts that weekend so if its not the Saturday i would guess Jeanfield will bring a decent support and after watching that game on Monday fancy their chances of making the 4th round.