Partick v Ayr/Ayr v Partick - Semi Final

17 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

Stunned silence I assume 🥴.

Nobody could have predicted that within the first 10 minutes McGinty would have scored 4.  

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Nobody could have predicted that within the first 10 minutes McGinty would have scored 4.  

McGinty will be too busy lacing up his boots every couple of minutes as Tiff ,Lawless and McMillan send him into a stumbling,bumbling mess of a man desperately trying to cling on for dear life to a grinning BBG.

It's reading through entire threads like this which makes me almost relieved that we didn't quote make the playoffs. I can only imagine what it's like for supporters of both teams who've slogged it out for a whole season - but whose outcome will then be decided by such a heroic 'all-or-nothing' contest. My arse would be absolutely puckering.

Two closely matched sides here, with no easy way of predicting the results. Best of luck to Jags and the Honest Men.

Ayr fans - genuine question.

How do you feel about Bullen now that he has probably surpassed all your expectations? (I would imagine anyway)

I know over the course of the season there had been a fair bit of unrest with him in terms of tactics etc etc?

12 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

McGinty will be too busy lacing up his boots every couple of minutes as Tiff ,Lawless and McMillan send him into a stumbling,bumbling mess of a man desperately trying to cling on for dear life to a grinning BBG.

Boring bald guy? 

12 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

It's gonna be absolute banter when Sean McGinty is strolling the Premiership next season and his detractors at Partick, Morton et all are still scuffing around with the wee guys.

Scarily given his championship record pre-Ayr, we actually signed him under the belief we’d still be a Premiership club. 

11 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

How do you feel about Bullen now that he has probably surpassed all your expectations? (I would imagine anyway)

I know over the course of the season there had been a fair bit of unrest with him in terms of tactics etc etc?

He has worked out a successful way to play away from home but can't get us playing at Somerset. 

1st in the away table.

5th in the home table. We won 7/18 at home and it is the difference between playoffs and having our feet up it turns out.  If he'd got to 9 (like you'd roughly expect) we would've won it apparently. 

so as much as I'd love to just call him a terrorist for the eye bleeding stuff, results are all that actually matter and he's finding some home form short of pretty good job.  

Spoiler

If we somehow stumble out way up he might be a better manager for us there with his counter attacking style. 

50 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

He was 2 minutes away from being hounded out by, probably, the majority of our support.

There are huge doubts about him still, but you can’t (or maybe you actually can) argue with the league table.

He will probably be better remembered through rose tinted glasses once he leaves for what he achieved this season.

33 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

He has worked out a successful way to play away from home but can't get us playing at Somerset. 

1st in the away table.

5th in the home table. We won 7/18 at home and it is the difference between playoffs and having our feet up it turns out.  If he'd got to 9 (like you'd roughly expect) we would've won it apparently. 

so as much as I'd love to just call him a terrorist for the eye bleeding stuff, results are all that actually matter and he's finding some home form short of pretty good job.  

Hide contents

If we somehow stumble out way up he might be a better manager for us there with his counter attacking style. 

Fair. This league has a way of making even the best managers and teams from the past few years play some really turgid football. It really is just about getting the results.

How has his recruitment outwith Dipo been? Successful? I've been largely impressed with Ayr any time I've watched them on tv but I know that only paints a small part of the picture.

1 hour ago, placidcasual said:

It's gonna be absolute banter when Sean McGinty is strolling the Premiership next season 

There's no way, we are signing him for next season. 

19 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

I think saying that he's surpassed our expectations is a bit misleading. I mean aye we finished 2nd, so I guess on that raw stat you could say we've performed above expectations, but we could easily have finished 5th were it not for other results going our way and Mark Mckenzie scoring a last minute winner in the last game of the season. We just happened to emerge on top of that wee peloton of interchangeably dull teams due to a last minute goal, luck and other teams shitting th ebed. The football on the pitch has been howling. From November to now we've stank...Typified by the Falkirk game. 

If he had finished outside of playoff i'd be calling for his head. We got lucky and we finished 2nd, so he'll be in a job next year.  Basically ambivalent towards him. That said, I'd be curious to see how he does with maybe more finance behind him to bring in players with a wider range of abilities beyond the hoof and hope. He hasn't shown much imagination beyond praying that Akinyemi can convert everything played into the final third, and another season of watching that would likely lead to me taking a voluntary eye gouging.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Boring bald guy? 

I think he left Dundee. Maybe he's talking about Lee Bully Bullen? 🤔 

Edited by jagfox

2 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

I think saying that he's surpassed our expectations is a bit misleading. I mean aye we finished 2nd, so I guess on that raw stat you could say we've performed above expectations, but we could easily have finished 5th were it not for other results going our way and Mark Mckenzie scoring a last minute winner in the last game of the season. We just happened to emerge on top of that wee peloton of interchangeably dull teams due to a last minute goal, luck and other teams shitting th ebed. The football on the pitch has been howling. From November to now we've stank...Typified by the Falkirk game. 

If he had finished outside of playoff i'd be calling for his head. We got lucky and we finished 2nd, so he'll be in a job next year.  Basically ambivalent towards him. That said, I'd be curious to see how he does with maybe more finance behind him to bring in players with a wider range of abilities beyond the hoof and hope. He hasn't shown much imagination beyond praying that Akinyemi can convert everything played into the final third, and another season of watching that would likely lead to me taking a voluntary eye gouging.

I guess I'm just looking on the face of it and seeing; Ayr - 2nd place - brink of playoff final. I know from Bowyer this season that it isn't as black and white as that because the margins were so fine.