21.05.2023 Hibernian vs Rangers (Sunday 12pm)

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I think there is merit to argue we should’ve conceded a penalty in that time. I don’t think there is merit in crying conspiracy at every referee appointment regardless of who they may be.

"Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean they aren't after you"

Joseph Heller

47 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Just seen this officials list posted elsewhere.

The Rangers record of no penalties given against them in the league for 53 consecutive matches wont be under threat this Sunday................

Referee - Alan Muir
AR1 - Graeme Stewart
AR2 - Douglas Ross MP MSP
4th official - David Grainger
VAR - Nick Walsh

Going for 55

37 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

That you havent had a pen awarded against you in the league for over a year doesnt pass the sniff test - and you know it as well as us.

Goldson has played basketball in his own box in three separate matches this season alone.

44 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

That you havent had a pen awarded against you in the league for over a year doesnt pass the sniff test - and you know it as well as us.

With the huge gaps in our defence,  we're rarely close enough to make last ditch tackles. 

Hence very few penalty claims against us.

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

With the huge gaps in our defence,  we're rarely close enough to make last ditch tackles. 

Hence very few penalty claims against us.

That would explain it, since handballs don't count at Ibrox, unless you're the away team.

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

That would explain it, since handballs don't count at Ibrox, unless you're the away team.

Which are the 3 incidents you refer to which you think should've been penalties, out of interest?

It's a shame we wont get to see Lovelace have a go in these last few matches after he was called up to the England U17 squad for the Euros.

Having watched him a couple of times recently he seems like he has a bit about him, although he does appear to be quite ball-greedy and tries to beat a man once too many.

5 hours ago, AJF said:

Is there any set of officials that could be selected that won’t have people crying conspiracy? Actually, silly question that is.

It is indeed a silly question. Clearly it makes no difference when they all drink from the same lodge anyway m8.

26 minutes ago, stressball said:

I presume you’re trolling because you’re surely not that fucking thick.

There's literally IFAB guidance that supports the decision not to award a handball if a players arms go up in front of their face as a reaction to a close range shot.

43 minutes ago, AJF said:

There's literally IFAB guidance that supports the decision not to award a handball if a players arms go up in front of their face as a reaction to a close range shot.

You mean like Connor Barron did against Livi when the VAR decided it was a penalty?

16 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You mean like Connor Barron did against Livi when the VAR decided it was a penalty?

I think we might've been over this before, but if the incidents were the same (I haven't seen the Barron one) then I'm not sure why the VAR incorrectly penalising Barron means Goldson should've also been incorrectly penalised.

46 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think we might've been over this before, but if the incidents were the same (I haven't seen the Barron one) then I'm not sure why the VAR incorrectly penalising Barron means Goldson should've also been incorrectly penalised.

Since the VAR came into Scotland it appears that if there is a handball in the box by any team apart from Rangers, and I include Celtic in that as they've had a couple of horrendous handball penalties, it's a penalty regardless of what IFAB say.