Hearts vs Aberdeen - Saturday 20th May

25 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Can you point to a post that says we deserved anything from the game today, I maybe missed it.

21 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

He won’t.

He was talking absolute muck. 

We rightly slagged off Clancy, whilst saying the better team won. 

He clearly doesn’t have the intelligence to register that. 

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

We played well but the referee gave us nothing. Deserved a point

see above.

And your manager is another one who thinks you deserve something 

Edited by Jammyp

3 minutes ago, Dubford don said:

Posting I am an idiot would have been far quicker.

Since they were formed scotlands 5th biggest club have won more than both edinburgh diddies combined

Brilliant 

IMG_0594.jpeg

7 minutes ago, DaveMackay56 said:

Facts.  Poster said we were up the park twice. 

“factually speaking” absolute nonsense.

It was a classic sucker punch/smash and grab performance from hearts. We fell for the rope a dope on this occasion. 

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It seems to be a theme on P&B that when Aberdeen lose, fans of the winning team seem to come across far more annoyed and angry than the Dons fans. Totally weird.

I'm very happy this evening. Too little too late me thinks, but it's always nice beating one of your rivals. 

10 minutes ago, Dubford don said:

Posting I am an idiot would have been far quicker.

Since they were formed scotlands 5th biggest club have won more than both edinburgh diddies combined

well that’s also clearly not true is it. 

to be fair, every fan in Scotland respect what Aberdeen did 40 years ago. How could we not.  We can’t ever take it away.

but you haven’t won more than the Edinburgh clubs combined. In fact aberdeen have won a total of 1 domestic trophy more than hearts.  (And given the league cup counts less than the SC) 🙂 it’s not some tbh ing I’ll fret about.  

Head to head records all sit in heart favour, overall league placing’s hearts favour and given we are now beginning to stretch our legs financially off the pitch for the first time ever.  And given the respective trajectories of the 2 cities overtaking that domestic record is a matter of when. 

25 minutes ago, DaveMackay56 said:

we had 14 efforts in the second half. 2 of them were basically open goals over and above the goals. 

like a bit of revisionism the dons fans eh!! Some place 

Roos made 6 fairly routine saves today. One of your missed open goals was given as offside. Other than Forrest’s miss, I can’t recall another chance that had me mopping my brow.

The better team on the day won - not one post on here says otherwise. But jambos milking the stats to try and imply today was a cigars oot scoosh is hilarious data voyeurism.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It was a classic sucker punch/smash and grab performance from hearts. We fell for the rope a dope on this occasion. 

lol. What a load of absolute delusional rubbish. Totally dominated territory, totally dominated possession, totally dominated efforts at goal.  As soon as Aberdeen left the security of the 18 yard box it was all over. 

I actually not sure I’ve seen a team with less threat than Aberdeen. 

1 minute ago, bpdon said:

Roos made 6 fairly routine saves today. One of your missed open goals was given as offside. Other than Forrest’s miss, I can’t recall another chance that had me mopping my brow.

The better team on the day won - not one post on here says otherwise. But jambos milking the stats to try and imply today was a cigars oot scoosh is hilarious data voyeurism.

Not at all. It was as comfortable a win as we’ve had all season.  Bar out frailty from set pieces it was a scoosh 

2 minutes ago, DaveMackay56 said:

lol. What a load of absolute delusional rubbish. Totally dominated territory, totally dominated possession, totally dominated efforts at goal.  As soon as Aberdeen left the security of the 18 yard box it was all over. 

I actually not sure I’ve seen a team with less threat than Aberdeen. 

It’s nothing to be ashamed of. A win is a win and all that. 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s nothing to be ashamed of. A win is a win and all that. 

I don’t mind a rope a dope victory.  Actually some of my favourite performances / victories.

however being camped in the opposition box is not “sucker punch” football. 

I feel for you guys if you think you were in that. Other than a 60 yard diag over the top did Aberdeen actually create anything at all? 

12 minutes ago, DaveMackay56 said:

well that’s also clearly not true is it. 

to be fair, every fan in Scotland respect what Aberdeen did 40 years ago. How could we not.  We can’t ever take it away.

but you haven’t won more than the Edinburgh clubs combined. In fact aberdeen have won a total of 1 domestic trophy more than hearts.  (And given the league cup counts less than the SC) 🙂 it’s not some tbh ing I’ll fret about.  

Head to head records all sit in heart favour, overall league placing’s hearts favour and given we are now beginning to stretch our legs financially off the pitch for the first time ever.  And given the respective trajectories of the 2 cities overtaking that domestic record is a matter of when. 

I see you’ve opted to leave out ‘relegations in hearts favour’

2 minutes ago, DaveMackay56 said:

I don’t mind a rope a dope victory.  Actually some of my favourite performances / victories.

however being camped in the opposition box is not “sucker punch” football. 

I feel for you guys if you think you were in that. Other than a 60 yard diag over the top did Aberdeen actually create anything at all? 

It’s a classic pugilistic style that hearts adopt. We were naive and tried to entertain a partisan crowd but alas we fell into the trap. 

14 minutes ago, DaveMackay56 said:

You do realise that 2 of Heart’s four league titles came before Aberdeen were even formed as they were in the 1890s, as were 3 of your Scottish cups. Therefore, you can’t include these in a “head to head” comparison.

You do however have a lot more trophies than Sevco, in their short history!

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s a classic pugilistic style that hearts adopt. We were naive and tried to entertain a partisan crowd but alas we fell into the trap. 

Aberdeen tried to “entertain” today 😂 that’s enough from you tonight mate.  Your bar must be limbo low. 

I’ve watched enough slugball over the years to recognise slugball.  And Aberdeen mate. Well as I said earlier was half expecting Craig Levein to reveal himself on true Aberdeen bench. 

anyway.  I’ll be back in about 6 months.  

Robson won’t see Christmas take that to the bank. Once the lucky results stop you lot will be baying for blood