Ivan Toney banned for 8 months

thisal

Ivan Toney of Hollywoodbets sponsored Brentford has been banned for 8 months for betting on football. No suggestion of match fixing. The ban means he will miss out in games against Bournemouth, Everton, Fulham, Leeds, Newcastle Southampton and West Ham who all have betting companies as main shirt sponsors.

He almost certainly got a lighter sentence as a current English international.

Had a fairly good retort involving another twitters user's mums gaffe so credit to him for that.

No doubt he's a total daftie, most pro footballers are and he'll be right at the end of the spectrum.

8 hours ago, thisal said:

Ivan Toney of Hollywoodbets sponsored Brentford has been banned for 8 months for betting on football. No suggestion of match fixing. The ban means he will miss out in games against Bournemouth, Everton, Fulham, Leeds, Newcastle Southampton and West Ham who all have betting companies as main shirt sponsors.

Add to that, he plays for a club owner who made his money from gamblers.

7 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

As much as I agree that the rules are hypocritical, how stupid does he have to be to do this?  It's not like he wasn't aware of the punishment given that it's been dished out before (see Barton, Joseph)

Did Barton not bet against his team on several occassions or am i thinking of someone else

10 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Did Barton not bet against his team on several occassions or am i thinking of someone else

Was that not the guy at Sevco? Ex Hearts and ICT player. I forget his name. Levein gave him a Scotland cap against Australia at Easter Road and he got booed. Ian Black?