Steve Clarke - in/out/general discussion

Its out for me. Taken this group as far as he can. Time for the likes of Hanley , McLean & Ralston not to be involved. Done well for us over the years but we need to start bringing through the next generation. Granted some young boys on the bench but give them a chance. At 2-0 down there's nothing to lose. Poland are a very average side & looked like they were going to hurt us every time they went forward. Clarke has done a wonderful job but time to move on IMO.

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

I’m sure he will but honestly, apart from McLean, which I’m sure we could have played someone better, who is he putting in over Ralston or Hanley?

Porteous is maybe a bit better but it’s not like he doesn’t have his idiotic moments either.  Johnson might be ok but he’s not played all that much at Sturm Graz.

It comes back to what we saw at the Euros, once the core guys are out injured, the quality of the next guy goes through the floor. 

Don't phrase it as a question mate, your not interested in the answer. It's just the latest excuse.

The past 2 euros don't get forgotten about because we started fresh tonight. It's an accumulation of poor results and performances. Where does it's end?

Is clarke looking to break records as the worst ever scotland manager? He's just taken longest without a home win since 2008. If it goes to longest ever will people still support him. 

Realistically we're now going to be 1 win in 18 at the end of this nations league.  And you will I have absolutely no doubt be saying nobody could do better.

1 win in 13 gets you fired 99% of the time in the club game..  In international football it's significantly worse due to the frequency of the matches.

I also find Steve Clarke to be one of the most objectionable 'personalities' in football.  The way he conducts himself, the way he answers the press, the stuff that comes out of his mouth. He is just utterly, utterly charmless, ridiculously stubborn, and inexcusably belligerent.  

It all just combines to absolutely trigger me.

The Scotland job is a hard gig.  We don't have a great talent pool and it's looking like it's only going to get shallower and shallower.

I just feel like Clarke doesn't have it in him to take us further and if we are going to anything at this level we kind of need to do it soon as most of out top players are either at their peak or are just coming off their peak and there ain't much coming up to replace them.

Did your wife divorce you for forgetting to take out the bins? No

Then why should Scotland divorce Sir Steve for picking Kenny McLean?

Checkmate Clarke haters

37 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Mate, I've made 3,582 posts and have 4,501 positive reputation points.

I'm one of the most accomplished posters on the forum.

Don't bite mate, this guys never even touched a gant polo never mind wore one to the gym!

11 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

He's seriously tarnishing his legacy at this point.

Resign while you still have a shred of dignity you absolute c**t.

I, quite literally, lol'd at this.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ralston is a proven failure, who yet again cost Scotland because of his rashness. 

Johnston might not be good enough, but he also might be.

It feels pointless sticking with the "safe, experienced" option who costs you a goal almost every time he plays yet that's where we are.

Indeed, surely it's better to go with a potential failure, than a proven one.

1 hour ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I also find Steve Clarke to be one of the most objectionable 'personalities' in football.  The way he conducts himself, the way he answers the press, the stuff that comes out of his mouth. He is just utterly, utterly charmless, ridiculously stubborn, and inexcusably belligerent.  

He’s an utter c**t. Should have been sacked on the spot after the Argentinian referee comments. Imagine you’re a player and that’s the man asking you to perform for him.

Edited by Enigma

1 hour ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

This forum loves a c**t. 😎 

11 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

One win in 13.

One win in 18 by the end of the year.

Seriously, what number does it have to get to before something is done?

30 is a nice round number.

elmo count GIF by Sesame Street

4 hours ago, The nameless tim said:

Its out for me. Taken this group as far as he can. Time for the likes of Hanley , McLean & Ralston not to be involved. Done well for us over the years but we need to start bringing through the next generation. Granted some young boys on the bench but give them a chance. At 2-0 down there's nothing to lose. Poland are a very average side & looked like they were going to hurt us every time they went forward. Clarke has done a wonderful job but time to move on IMO.

Really?  Not my take on the match.  If it wasn’t for stupid mistakes from us I don’t they would have scored.

I hope their players, manager and fans realise how lucky they were last night.

3 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

You're certainly up there. 

3 hours ago, Old Bing said:

Don't bite mate, this guys never even touched a gant polo never mind wore one to the gym!

I made a joke in relation to BFH's irrelevant/slightly forced posting style. In saying that I have no idea what any of this sentence means.