Steve Clarke - in/out/general discussion

3 hours ago, immcinto said:

Not getting out the group is acceptable. It is the manner in which we performed that's the problem.  The same way we have been performing against any level of competition, even down to Gibraltar level.

Steve Clarke's remit when he got the Scotland job was to qualify for tournaments.

Why is that so hard for people to understand?

Expecting anything more is arrogance and entitlement verging on English-fan-ness.

Our domestic clubs struggle to beat teams from countries like Azerbaijan in European qualifications.

Quarabağ beat Aberdeen 4-1 not that long ago.

And yet Steve Clarke is expected to get Scotland competing at the top table.

Good luck with that.

My advice to all the moaning and whining screwballs is to stop whining and moaning like whining and moaning screwballs.

All you're doing is making yourself miss out on all the fun.

Personally, I'm enjoying the ride whilst it lasts. :)

Bunch of moaning screwballs.

Edited by Chripper

22 minutes ago, Chripper said:

So, people who are sane and want Steve Clarke to remain in the Scotland job are all the same person?

How about flipping the script and accusing all the screwballs who want Clarke to quit as being the same person.

Have you noticed that it's only screwballs who accuse people of having aliases? Because it's a screwball thing to suggest.

Steve Clarke's remit when he got the Scotland gig was to qualify for tournamts.

He's been a success. Unequivocally.

The screwballs who want him gone are sick of watching Scotland at tournaments and miss the decades of being in the international wilderness.

Funny. The screwballs aren't giving us an alternative to Steve Clarke.

Lemme guess, the mythical Stuart Baxter. 😛

Zip it numbers

59 minutes ago, Ranana Ban said:

Zip it numbers

Yeah, been here 5 years longer than you, mate.

You'll notice that the guy you mentioned replies to all trolls.

Me? I don't*.

The most effective of killing a Troll is by depriving them of oxygen.

That being said... bye.

:)

Also, if you (or anyone) have beef with me, grow a pair and take it to PM. Doubt it'll happen. Cowards need an audience to act like hardcases.

*Apart from this one time. Hope you appreciate the time I'm dedicating towards you. You lucky thing!

Edited by Chripper

1 hour ago, Chripper said:

So, people who are sane and want Steve Clarke to remain in the Scotland job are all the same person?

How about flipping the script and accusing all the screwballs who want Clarke to quit as being the same person.

Have you noticed that it's only screwballs who accuse people of having aliases? Because it's a screwball thing to suggest.

Steve Clarke's remit when he got the Scotland gig was to qualify for tournamts.

He's been a success. Unequivocally.

The screwballs who want him gone are sick of watching Scotland at tournaments and miss the decades of being in the international wilderness.

Funny. The screwballs aren't giving us an alternative to Steve Clarke.

Lemme guess, the mythical Stuart Baxter. 😛

You are least sane person on this forum and that's saying something. 

It's amusing you talk about aliases as you've changed your name more than once on here so it wouldn't shock me if you have more than one account on here. 

You have obviously chosen not to comment on the fact you said numerous times you expected Scotland to win the euros. I take it that part of that wasn't down to Stevie and it's all the players fault?

There's been plenty of candidates names put forward on here you tit. 

Edited by Butters Scotch

7 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Er no. I think Oceania is more our level at the moment. It has an appositely Orwellian ring to it too!

Are we allies with them at the moment?

11 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Scotland should do an Australia and apply to enter the Asian Cup.

We're currently a few places above Saudi Arabia in the World Rankings, so we'd be seeded. If the 2023 Asian Cup took place now and we replaced the Saudis, we'd be in a group with Thailand, Kyrgyzstan, and Oman. Yaldi.

Obviously we'd lose to Thailand (@SlipperyP can confirm), but we've got a chance in the other two games IMO.

9 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

This- if he says anything else he won't be improving his chances of starting any time soon. 

Yes, although there are a few historical examples (Eric Cantona calling the French manager Henri Michel a "bag of sh*t" back in the day springs to mind), in this era of heavily agent and media managed players no player is going to publicly call out their club manager let alone their international manager. If however things keep going south the way they have been it would be no surprise if the drop-out to call-up ratio starts nudging upwards.

Wanting Clarke punted = slobbering moron who doesn't want Scotland to qualify for things.

Wanting Clarke to stay = footballing genius who just gets the game more than you, you fucking peasant. No doubt erudite and handsome too.

According to the lobotomy brained Chripper anyway. I wonder why someone would post extremes to try and back up their 'argument'? Definitely not the desperate tactics of a tit.

9 hours ago, BFTD said:

We're currently a few places above Saudi Arabia in the World Rankings, so we'd be seeded. If the 2023 Asian Cup took place now and we replaced the Saudis, we'd be in a group with Thailand, Kyrgyzstan, and Oman. Yaldi.

Obviously we'd lose to Thailand (@SlipperyP can confirm), but we've got a chance in the other two games IMO.

I can safely say we would beat Thailand. Only a few months ago they got beat 8 nil by Georgia.

Confidant we would get a winner in the seconds half. Only of played in Scotland, not sure us playing in 35 degrees

20 hours ago, 2426255 said:

The words performance and result aren't synonyms. The performance is always tainted by the result in a fans eyes. Even a performance that is good or even just good in parts will always be overshadowed by a negative result and the opposite is also true with a good result. You can play well and lose or you can play poorly and win.

The performance against Hungary was okay, not a brilliant performance, but also not terrible. Because of the overall outcome and negative emotions associated with that game it will be forever seen by fans in a bad light.

True but sometimes things are exactly what they seem

We finished:

Joint 18th in goals per game
24th in shots per game
24th in shots on target per game
23rd in shots that were blocked per game
24th in xG per game
23rd in attacks per game
22nd in corners per game.

We had more performances (2) in which we failed to register a shot on target than the other 23 teams combined (1).

I'm afraid you're missing the wood for the trees here.

Edited by kingbob1875
Correcting a grammar error

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, kingbob1875 said:

We finished:

24th in shots per game
24th in xG per game
23rd in attacks per game

We had more performances (2) in which we failed to register a shot on target than the other 23 teams combined (1).

Those are symptoms. It's the cause I disagree with.

We attacked poorly in all 3 games, but not because we set up 'defensively' or replaced Kieran Tierney will Scott McKenna against Hungary.

That's a very limited way of assessing or understanding the Hungary game and Tournament as a whole.

Edited by 2426255

5 hours ago, kingbob1875 said:

We finished:

24th in shots per game
24th in xG per game
23rd in attacks per game

Even without the stats to confirm it, by just watching the games it's surprising people could think we did ok.

2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Those are symptoms. It's the cause I disagree with.

We attacked poorly in all 3 games, but not because we set up 'defensively' or replaced Kieran Tierney will Scott McKenna against Hungary.

That's a very limited way of assessing or understanding the Hungary game and Tournament as a whole.

sam winchester yawn GIF

On 19/07/2024 at 16:39, Chripper said:

Steve Clarke's remit when he got the Scotland job was to qualify for tournaments.

Why is that so hard for people to understand?

Expecting anything more is arrogance and entitlement verging on English-fan-ness.

Our domestic clubs struggle to beat teams from countries like Azerbaijan in European qualifications.

Quarabağ beat Aberdeen 4-1 not that long ago.

And yet Steve Clarke is expected to get Scotland competing at the top table.

Good luck with that.

My advice to all the moaning and whining screwballs is to stop whining and moaning like whining and moaning screwballs.

All you're doing is making yourself miss out on all the fun.

Personally, I'm enjoying the ride whilst it lasts. :)

Bunch of moaning screwballs.

He's had six games at two Euros finals to win a f*cking match and he's failed. That is extremely disappointing. Why is that so hard for you to understand?  It's not about arrogance or entitlement, or even about competing at the top table, it's about getting a result against the likes of the Czechs last time or Hungary this time. Most Scotland fans don't see the group games at finals as bonus free hits, even if you/Steve Clarke/the SFA do.

On 19/07/2024 at 16:57, Chripper said:

Yeah, been here 5 years longer than you, mate.

You'll notice that the guy you mentioned replies to all trolls.

Me? I don't*.

You're not fooling anyone m8.  Presenting the date you joined up or reply habits as proof you're not numbers is as feeble as your understanding of the offside rule. You just seem to be a slightly drunk version of the other account.