Steve Clarke - in/out/general discussion

2 minutes ago, Lex said:

Can’t believe that seething old bigot is still here after that shambles in the summer. 

#hate speech  ^^^

Cartoon Police GIF

I am not in the least surprised with the arrogant, condescending and quite disrespectful tone of his eventual comments about the embarrassment that was the Euros. The reference to his contract was cringe worthy,  even by his standards.  Didn't think I could think any less of him, utterly reprehensible. Then the snide remarks about being  worst team out the 24 and using as some sort of motivation for World Cup qualification, beyond parody.

He says he has earned the right to lead us in that attempt  to qualify,  beg to differ he has earned the right to hang his head in shame, fat chance.

On top of all that, the comments about needing to be more positive and create more chances, as if it wasn't him who set us up to fail against Hungary,  his total lack of self awareness and responsibility is staggering. Then to have a go at players for not getting shots off quickly enough, finally lost for words.

18 hours ago, MarkoP said:

Thought Clarkes smug comment about his contract today was an effing disgrace tbh

Everyones fault but his what happened in Germany 

Of course the squad being affected by injury made an impact

But that, 2 months later!

He’s really dropped in my estimation as a person

Thing is, the Scottish media completely let him off freely in that press conference, no hard questions and they didn't press him at all on any of his answers. 

Here is what I would have said.

We were rabbits in the headlights the first game, we underestimated Germany, made some poor individual errors, had to play against a top team with 10 men, failed to lay a glove on them and got a bit of a doing.

2nd game I was proud of the players, we dug in, took the game to Switzerland (who were a good side) and the game could've went either way, we were much improved.

3rd game, we got it totally wrong, Hungary gazumped us a bit with their tactics and we didn't really have a plan B. Looking back, we could've been a bit more bolder from Half time onwards. 

We suffered bad injuries before the tournament and lost Tierney during the 2nd game. 

The fans were amazing throughout and did the country proud, we will be trying our best to get them to the world cup.

instead, we got him being defensive, and the wee tit for tat he got into when the jounro questioned him about a lot of people saying they were disappointed when he gave it "who have you spoke to" "how many people said that" was quite frankly pathetic.

To paraphrase

Journo:

Some Scotland fans were disappointed in the summer

Clarke:

Who? How many have you spoke to? 10? 20? What's their names?

What a needless p***k he is, and he's a shite manager too. Get him to f**k.

Wouldn’t be surprised of players started not showing up again.

He’s completely lost my backing.
I can’t be alone.

It seems ever since McTominay’s disallowed goal in Seville, which I was right in line with, it’s been a slow regression with no clue on how to arrest it.

I know there’s been bad luck but it’s also been a class in ignorance culminating in that interview this week.

I’ve given my ticket for Poland away,

I’ve just got zero enthusiasm

Edited by MarkoP

9 minutes ago, MarkoP said:

Wouldn’t be surprised of players started not showing up again.

He’s completely lost my backing.
I can’t be alone.

It seems ever since McTominay’s disallowed goal in Seville, which I was right in line with, it’s been a slow regression with no clue on how to arrest it.

know there’s been bad luck but it’s also been a class in ignorance culminating in that interview this week.

I’ve given my ticket for Poland away,

I’ve just got zero enthusiasm

Imagine being Antony Ralston, he just hung him out to dry as the reason we played badly.

Don't think I'd be running thru walls for him personally.

There are levels of being wrong . He has created a whole new bottom standard.  I am actually trying to give away my tickets for next week. Will never even watch the team until he goes . Sad beyond words. Got 12 Tartan Army points and will not be renewing if he is still there.

60 years of watching honest  , sometimes brilliant,  mostly not, but in essence Scottish efforts.  He is a plague on our game on every single level. Until he goes, last from me.

Edited by ekok
Add comments

Our performance at the Euros was absolutely pathetic and he doesn't care at all. Happy to just use a couple of missing players as an excuse for us being far and away the worst team at the tournament. He has no more ideas or interest in changing things, just collecting his fat cheque and coasting on qualifying for the Euros. Get the arrogant arsehole to f**k.

Edited by ManBearPig

3 hours ago, Glen Scotia said:

When Clarke does go the SFA only need to look here for a list of candidates 

As is only right and proper, Yogi will undoubtedly feature in the list. 

I had a good chat with Ian Maxwell. I think I've earned the right to finish my contract.  I haven't had any discussions about new contracts and I'm pretty sure in my own mind that I'll be coming up to 63 and it might be time to do something else.

Steve Clarke

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/24545520.steve-clarke-insists-earned-right-continue-scotland/

16 hours ago, ekok said:

There are levels of being wrong . He has created a whole new bottom standard.  I am actually trying to give away my tickets for next week. Will never even watch the team until he goes . Sad beyond words. Got 12 Tartan Army points and will not be renewing if he is still there.

60 years of watching honest  , sometimes brilliant,  mostly not, but in essence Scottish efforts.  He is a plague on our game on every single level. Until he goes, last from me.

A bit dramatic to be honest, as much as Clarke has his failings and made plenty of mistakes, he is proud and Scottish like any of us on here and wants the team to do as well as any of us.

If SFA are keeping him on then let's get behind the team not against it and hope he turns it around quickly.