Stags Stay Up🔵⚪️🔴 A Kessock Bridge Too Far For Jags 🔴🟡

30 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

I've just brought myself to read this thread from before ko on Sunday onwards and have headed into another tailspin.

At the game, when County scored their 2nd goal immediately after their 1st I became convinced that some way or another we were going to throw it away and so it came to pass.

Unquestionably the heaviest boot in the balls I have ever suffered in my football supporting life and I do worry that the hangover for this may well carry on into next season.

As for the question about this being the most exciting Scottish game on telly since when, it has to be the 2016 Rangers - Hibs final for me.

This is my fear also, that it will hangover into next season, just as I think Arbroath just falling short the season before last impacted them last season. Incidentally, I think QP’s failure on the final day and in the playoffs will impact them next season too, although they have had more time to get over it and will have a new manager too.

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

You mean "I'm no a Killie am a jag" 🤣

No idea why thou, probably some kind of rivalry that only exists in Thistle fans heads as nobody down here could care less about them.

It might well have been as I don't speak Weegie. I didn't think Billy would still be sung by non-bigot fans these days but it's a Glasgow team so it wouldn't exactly have been a surprise. 

7 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

I think Morton and Thistle developed a bit of a rivalry when our traditional derby rivals St Mirren and Clyde were in different divisions. We've also had at least three promotion battles when we were both contenders, which tends to develop a rivarly plus resentment. I'm not sure exactly when (or if) the resentment crossed into hatred though, as I don't think that many fans actually "hate" Thistle.

They do seem to have the media on their side though which can cause some resentment, which is probably not Thistle's doing, but they can milk it a bit and can be a bit unsufferable, therefore difficult to like, when they do come out on top. That's where the gloating comes from when they lose.

There was one Morton fan in my old work but he left about 10 years ago, since then I have only knowingly spoken to one Morton fan, at the exit of a Roger Waters gig when I was wearing my Saints bunnet, I think more rivalry is generated on a site like this between similarly sized teams who meet on a regular basis. I'm tempted to look up the frenzied "Saints Relegation Thread" on the P&B Gold Forum to revisit the numerous photos of celebrity chefs. :whistle

4 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

No idea why thou, probably some kind of rivalry that only exists in Thistle fans heads as nobody down here could care less about them.

There was something of a rivalry between the clubs for about 10-15 years from the mid 70's as they were involved in regular promotion & relegation battles, latterly coinciding with the worst sides in the respective clubs' histories.

However with regard to the song, I think you will find that there is only a limited number of Scottish Football clubs whose name rhymes with "Silly".

5 hours ago, H Wragg said:

I've just brought myself to read this thread from before ko on Sunday onwards and have headed into another tailspin.

At the game, when County scored their 2nd goal immediately after their 1st I became convinced that some way or another we were going to throw it away and so it came to pass.

Unquestionably the heaviest boot in the balls I have ever suffered in my football supporting life and I do worry that the hangover for this may well carry on into next season.

As for the question about this being the most exciting Scottish game on telly since when, it has to be the 2016 Rangers - Hibs final for me.

The biggest kick in the stones for me was when St Mirren lost the 2010 League Cup Final to 9-man Rangers despite being the better team at 11 v 11. Heartbreaking and, just like you say in your post, I feared for team morale going forward.

Three days later we gubbed Celtic 4-0 in a League fixture. 

Just saying, sometimes things can turn around quicker than you expect.

18 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Agreed. We did have a bit of a giggle on Sunday, though!

The County penalty gave me pause for thought when we played Thistle in the play off final, in the 2nd leg we scored to go 3-1 up in aggregate, and even then we fans held our breaths not convinced we were going up, it wasn't till Connor Sammon missed a late penalty we started to believe we were winning this. That save by Alexander was a huge moment, even though it was late in the game, and when you see what County scoring their pen did, it brought it back into my mind how things might have changed had Partick scored theirs. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe someone submitted an FOI request on this. A waste of police resources having to answer it, but it's good to know Thistle fans only have themselves to blame.

1 hour ago, Forfinn said:

I can't believe someone submitted an FOI request on this. A waste of police resources having to answer it, but it's good to know Thistle fans only have themselves to blame.

Tinpot thread for this embarrassing epilogue.