The Polis. A great bunch of lads?

It seems ever other day, a horror story is coming out. The outgoing Police Scotland chappie admitting the force is institutionally racist, homophobic and mysogynist. 

Today a Met copper is convicted of multiple rapes. 

It's absolutely shocking stuff. 

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

It seems ever other day, a horror story is coming out. The outgoing Police Scotland chappie admitting the force is institutionally racist, homophobic and mysogynist. 

Today a Met copper is convicted of multiple rapes. 

It's absolutely shocking stuff. 

Why ... ?   Unless you've had some sort of rose tinted, misty eyed view of the police.

3 minutes ago, beefybake said:

Why ... ?   Unless you've had some sort of rose tinted, misty eyed view of the police.

I don't (obviously). I'm just astonished at the rate of scandals mounting up. And more so, the scandalous denials of anything untoward going on. They are embarrassing themselves on an almost day to day basis Scotland and UK wide. 

Something needs to change. 

I can vaguely mind of a parody by Billy Connolly about polis corruption. It was originally a Rolf Harris song (Thatcher  loved it - the Harris version, obviously). 

Unsurprisingly no longer available on YouTube. 

Edited by Cosmic Joe

15 or so years ago I had a fairly serious relationship with a WPC who (so I’m told, she claimed) was the first woman on Tayside to be issued with a gun. A complete batshit fucking mentalist. But a cracking ride. I suppose dems de breaks…

Edited by alta-pete

4 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

15 or so years ago I had a fairly serious relationship with a WPC who (so I’m told, she claimed) was the first woman on Tayside to be issued with a gun. A complete batshit fucking mentalist. But a cracking ride. I suppose dems de breaks…

Was she from Dundee by any chance? 

40 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

I have to deal with them in a near daily basis and by and large, they're sound.

The fireys however. Keep an eye on them. An unordinary amount of complete weirdos.

Aye I'd agree with that. 

Not all police officers are c**t although they evidently have a few, I've found firemen to be weirder though. 

19 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Aye I'd agree with that. 

Not all police officers are c**t although they evidently have a few, I've found firemen to be weirder though. 

That's a pretty low bar though. 

"Not all polis are c***s" 

There is clearly a big problem going on. 

I also know some very decent police people. 

47 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I've found firemen to be weirder though. 

No wonder when the advert is "wanted: person to go up lader and grab pussy"

Spoiler

f**k knows if they even do that still

Spoiler

Can't be a great job when you have to find smouldering families 

2 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I can vaguely mind of a parody by Billy Connolly about polis corruption. It was originally a Rolf Harris song (Thatcher  loved it - the Harris version, obviously). 

Unsurprisingly no longer available on YouTube. 

It's on the original Secret Policeman's Ball soundtrack

"This is dedicated to all the people who've fallen down the stairs of Maryhill Police Station. It's odd that the detectives could never find a footprint on the arse of someone's breeks...'