The Polis. A great bunch of lads?

Someone got glassed in a pub I was working in a while ago and 2 police turned up to have a look at the CCTV, they were absolute arseholes, don’t think they said a word to me or my colleague the entire time they were there. Some of the other customers couldn’t find their bags and we assumed it must have been taken by the guy who done the glassing, I got their details and a description of the stuff and told the officers that they were still in the pub and where they were sitting, again they didn’t say a word. When they were leaving I tried to tell them again that the boys sitting in the corner had their stuff nicked and wanted to speak to them and they just walked straight out. f**k knows how they would cope under actual stressful situations when they were having  an easy time of it here. Will say that  in similar situations I’ve seen others be sound but this really pissed me off cause they were treating me like a dick when I was trying to help them. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jun/04/scottish-police-federation-accused-failing-women

"Following a series of internal reports revealing the extent of racist and sexist behaviour within Police Scotland, as well as the admission by the chief constable, Sir Iain Livingstone, that the force is institutionally racist and discriminatory, the focus has shifted to the Scottish Police Federation (SPF), which represents more than 16,000 officers.

The federation is “part of the problem”, claimed Margaret Gribbon, a solicitor who represents a number of female former officers, including Rhona Malone, who received nearly £1m in damages after an employment tribunal found she had been victimised by a “horrific” boys’ club culture in the force’s elite armed response unit."

Had to call the Police on Wednesday evening about a neighbour behaving in a threatening or abusive manner in the street while kids were outside playing, the kids were scared of him and his behaviour. 

Later that night he assaulted another neighbour and they were here within 15 minutes. 

Told them about his behaviour that night while giving a statement but when I tried to give a background to it all they weren't interested. I understand that at the time they were nearing the end of their shift but it was really frustrating to feel as if they couldn't care less. 

I deal with the Police on a daily basis through my job and by and large they're all pretty sound, more a case that there's so much to cover with not enough officers