2023–24 Highland League Chat

welshbairn

On 05/02/2024 at 12:16, Dav nan Gael said:

Vale v Buckie is thee derby in the HL now,stewards,segregation etc.

Particularly at Buckie. 

I remember speaking to a guy who’s son was playing in the highland league. Said Devonvale were one the worst set of fans he’d come across.

personally I have nothing against them as took in a few games in the late 80s early 90s as we caravanned in banff then  

On 11/02/2024 at 09:15, Vale Vale Vale said:

Disgusting.

50A9BA1C-41AB-4937-AEA0-FEC7A73784A7.png

What are Vale doing ???

1st congratulations to them for their cup run and now letting them fly there flag over PRP  !!!

Absolute minter stuff from the Vale board........

Wake up ya clowns, we Vale fans absolutely hate Buckie Thistle!!

On 11/02/2024 at 19:46, rockson said:

If it wasn't for the Coop most of rural Scotland would have nowhere to buy groceries.

Always wonder this when up in Ballater. Then again you got have a bit of money to live there and at coop prices 

20 minutes ago, Moorie said:

The spotty bag shop is all they need 

After my trip to PRP earlier this season, I'd imagine I'm in a fairly small group of people to have gone on an away day and unexpectedly returned home with a new wetsuit.

19 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

What are Vale doing ???

1st congratulations to them for their cup run and now letting them fly there flag over PRP  !!!

Absolute minter stuff from the Vale board........

Wake up ya clowns, we Vale fans absolutely hate Buckie Thistle!!

We? You’re a Livingston fan. :lol:

A big statement from Buckie going to Brora and taking 5 off them. 

I think we can rule The Cattachs out the title race now.  I still think it’s between Brechin and Banks o’Dee only. Buckie have too many games to catch up and they’ll be knackered in a few weeks.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

A big statement from Buckie going to Brora and taking 5 off them. 

I think we can rule The Cattachs out the title race now.  I still think it’s between Brechin and Banks o’Dee only. Buckie have too many games to catch up and they’ll be knackered in a few weeks.

If Buckie can leave Brechin with a win - even a draw - I’d have them as contenders ahead of Banks O’ Diddly Dee. Buckie’s shift last night was reminiscent of Brora’s two title wins - wrap the game up before half time and save the legs in the second half, and the games later in the season all go a lot easier. Brora had a small squad but regularly hammered sides inside of 45 minutes to keep them fresh. Can’t remember who Buckie all have to play but I’d guess they’d be able to do that in at least half of their games, so they may have the legs for it.