Hibernian European Tour 2023/24

Lyle Lanley

22 hours ago, Judy Murray said:

I’m going via Amsterdam with KLM. £250. 

Pretty pricy but brother coming from the US for it and dad coming from italia, couldn’t be arsed doing planes trains automobiles

What’s the waiting time in Schiphol with that? Last few times I have booked the risky option with 40/50 minutes between landing and taking off again. Any delay at all with the first flight and you need a miracle to make the connection.

3 hours ago, Ross. said:

What’s the waiting time in Schiphol with that? Last few times I have booked the risky option with 40/50 minutes between landing and taking off again. Any delay at all with the first flight and you need a miracle to make the connection.

90 mins on way out. 2 hours on way back

Looks like I will be in the home end. Boy in work is a Luzern fan, was talking to him about the game yesterday(As well as Servette v Rangers) and now a couple of the other folk we work with are wanting to go to it. Seems to be a fair bit of interest in general in this one, compared the the usual for FCL in Europe.

3 hours ago, Ross. said:

Looks like I will be in the home end. Boy in work is a Luzern fan, was talking to him about the game yesterday(As well as Servette v Rangers) and now a couple of the other folk we work with are wanting to go to it. Seems to be a fair bit of interest in general in this one, compared the the usual for FCL in Europe.

We've been given 796 tickets with the possibility we might get more. 

We're sitting/standing in section C6. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

12 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

I’m in C2, a bit too close to the FCL ultras for my liking. Nothing to do with the fact I’ll be supporting Hibs on the night mind you, just that there’s a bit of a rivalry between Luzern and Aarau, so I have no choice but to want Luzern to take a pumping anyway.

The away section there is spot on. The rail seating is exactly what you want for a good away day.

Edited by Ross.

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

I’m in C2, a bit too close to the FCL ultras for my liking. Nothing to do with the fact I’ll be supporting Hibs on the night mind you, just that there’s a bit of a rivalry between Luzern and Aarau, so I have no choice but to want Luzern to take a pumping anyway.

The away section there is spot on. The rail seating is exactly what you want for a good away day.

Swiss ultras eh, do they keep the noise down to avoid upsetting the neighbours? 😁 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Swiss ultras eh, do they keep the noise down to avoid upsetting the neighbours? 😁 

If only. The ultras scene here can be pretty wild. Basel and FC Zürich in particular have bad reputations for violence, and they tend not to care who gets hurt in the process.

Both Edinburgh teams being drawn at home means a fixture clash.  I read that would be resolved today.  Hibs website says "we know that the first leg will take place at home on Thursday 24 August".  However, the article seems to be dated yesterday - UEFA Conference League Play-Off Draw Confirmed - Hibernian FC  Does anyone know what the outcome is?

9 hours ago, Parttimesupporter said:

Both Edinburgh teams being drawn at home means a fixture clash.  I read that would be resolved today.  Hibs website says "we know that the first leg will take place at home on Thursday 24 August".  However, the article seems to be dated yesterday - UEFA Conference League Play-Off Draw Confirmed - Hibernian FC  Does anyone know what the outcome is?

They won't make the call till the ties are resolved

1 hour ago, Stylish Kid said:

They won't make the call till the ties are resolved

Found this on the UEFA website - it says "Any changes of date and fixture reversals will be communicated in writing to the clubs and national associations by 18:00 CET on 8 August.".

UEFA Europa Conference League play-off round draw | UEFA Europa Conference League | UEFA.com

1 hour ago, Parttimesupporter said:

Found this on the UEFA website - it says "Any changes of date and fixture reversals will be communicated in writing to the clubs and national associations by 18:00 CET on 8 August.".

UEFA Europa Conference League play-off round draw | UEFA Europa Conference League | UEFA.com

So, I'm only going by what Hearts had - there was a chance that if Crusaders beat Rosenborg, they'd clash with Larne. So if that had happened, they'd have moved the fixture, I think to a Tuesday (?) and then that would have had a consequent knock-on to Hearts' league fixture against the Kilmarnock. So, they (UEFA) left the decision until the resolution of Crusaders vs Rosenborg. However it might be different in different rounds....

16 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

So, I'm only going by what Hearts had - there was a chance that if Crusaders beat Rosenborg, they'd clash with Larne. So if that had happened, they'd have moved the fixture, I think to a Tuesday (?) and then that would have had a consequent knock-on to Hearts' league fixture against the Kilmarnock. So, they (UEFA) left the decision until the resolution of Crusaders vs Rosenborg. However it might be different in different rounds....

Looks like it this time round.  To be fair to both clubs they have a lot of work related to the current round, but if they have been told of the final dates it should only take a few minutes to pop something onto their websites.  Maybe UEFA are running behind.

20 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Thats the section Saints had, we sold out and then they put fans in D1

19 hours ago, Ross. said:

Are the Ultras still in B2 and B3

They were fantastic in both games and for years Perth was covered in FCL stickers 

In those days i did some pitch side photography for Saints socials and in the second leg the UEFA delegate gave us instructions not to take any photographs of the ultras groups due to issues they had had in Switzerland where some local police had used a photographers position to identify banned fans, so as a group they had a deep distrust for photographers.

3 days after the game i got a message via the club asking for a picture from the game they were in the background off as they wanted to use it in their 2015 Ultras calendar, i could have taken so many more shots for them if i had known.

How many tickets are you giving the Swiss for the second leg, I am sure from memory they filled the red and yellow sections of the main stand, the only away support of any significance we got in those run of European night.

21 minutes ago, Hibee_Hibernian said:

That’s the first batch of away tickets sold out. Didn’t think they’d go so quickly. Think we’re looking like taking 1100/1200 

For Switzerland that’s really impressive.