Hibernian European Tour 2023/24

Lyle Lanley

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

Should be a decent game tonight. A bit overcast but still roasting. Luzern in Europe have a habit of Luzerning it, which is roughly the Swiss equivalent of Hibsing it, so f**k knows how it will go, but I expect it to be largely similar to the first leg in terms of the pattern of play. Hibs in a great position but I think the first goal wins the tie here.

Hopefully the first goal is us.

Good atmosphere in Lucerne.

47 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Hopefully the first goal is us.

Good atmosphere in Lucerne.

Weather took a bit of a sudden downturn. Probably for the best for everyone involved. Been 30+ and not a cloud in the sky the last few days and was expected to stay that way the next week at least. I’m working 20 minutes from Luzern, been cloudy all day and a few showers as well.

Will be heading into the city around 7ish. A few Luzern supporting mates to try and catch up with before heading up to the ground. I assume the Hibs fans are largely in and around the old town between Pickwicks and The Shamrock?

4 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Weather took a bit of a sudden downturn. Probably for the best for everyone involved. Been 30+ and not a cloud in the sky the last few days and was expected to stay that way the next week at least. I’m working 20 minutes from Luzern, been cloudy all day and a few showers as well.

Will be heading into the city around 7ish. A few Luzern supporting mates to try and catch up with before heading up to the ground. I assume the Hibs fans are largely in and around the old town between Pickwicks and The Shamrock?

Just arrived in Lucerne when it started to rain. :lol: 

Most of us are outside Pickwicks. 

1 minute ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Just arrived in Lucerne when it started to rain. :lol: 

Most of us are outside Pickwicks. 

Piwi’s isn’t the greatest but probably one of the cheaper ones in the city. The Neustadt is probably a little trendier, but you’ll pay for it. I’d still recommend a bag of cans(Chopfab, specifically) and a place in the shade.

2 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Hope the Hibs booys are having a grand time in Lucerne, I have fond memories of our away trip there. Hope you've been out on the pedalos.

Never skim read the word "pedalos".

6 hours ago, Ross. said:

SRF, the Swiss national broadcaster, are streaming it free on their website. You’ll probably need a VPN to watch it, I guess.

Thanks for the heads-up

This is the link -https://www.srf.ch/play/tv/-/video/fussball-conference-league-3--qualifikationsrunde-rueckspiel-luzern-hibernian-edinburgh?urn=urn:swisstxt:video:srf:1782393

Seems to be working for me using a free trial of CyberGhostVPN 

8 minutes ago, ApeHands said:

Thanks for the heads-up

This is the link -https://www.srf.ch/play/tv/-/video/fussball-conference-league-3--qualifikationsrunde-rueckspiel-luzern-hibernian-edinburgh?urn=urn:swisstxt:video:srf:1782393

Obviously using the free trial but were you recommended onto CyberGhost from a good source? I think I'll end up using it but it did try to install something slightly extra to the normal software, albeit I'm guessing that's the part that makes the VPN work!

3 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

Obviously using the free trial but were you recommended onto CyberGhost from a good source? I think I'll end up using it but it did try to install something slightly extra to the normal software, albeit I'm guessing that's the part that makes the VPN work!

Only picked it for the free trial to be honest 

7 minutes ago, ApeHands said:

Only picked it for the free trial to be honest 

I'm sure it'll be fine, first I've heard of it tonight but I don't really know much about the world of VPNs so that's no surprise. Seems well enough reviewed regardless and indeed the one day free trial is situationally perfect. 

ALF not starting tonight is quite surprising. 

Starting XI

1. David Marshall

2. Lewis Miller

4. Paul Hanlon (c)

5. Will Fish

6. Dylan Levitt

7. Elie Youan

9. Dylan Vente

10. Martin Boyle

11. Joe Newell

16. Lewis Stevenson

32. Josh Campbell

Substitutes

25. Max Boruc (GK)

31. Murray Johnson (GK)

14. Jimmy Jeggo

18. Ewan Henderson

19. Adam Le Fondre

21. Jordan Obita

23. Christian Doidge

26. Riley Harbottle

28. Allan Delferrière

33. Rocky Bushiri

35. Rudi Molotnikov

40. Reuben McAllister

45 minutes ago, ApeHands said:

Thanks for the heads-up

Works on NordVPN too, free trials are available but you have to claim the first month subs back, I'm already a paid subscriber.

(I'm officially in Switzerland at the moment so this link might not work for Scottish IP addresses.)

https://nordvpn.com/offer/risk-free-vpn/?vpn=brand&gad=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwivemBhBhEiwAJxNWN-rl2dJZQ4lCzvkgwH8coNJSFKC-6fz3pe6NOsIcsW1XLujMEZ_iLRoCzmQQAvD_BwE