Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

That’s Ryan Stevenson.

Think it should have been obvious that I was referring to this wikipedia link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Ruddy

The new keeper has been at clubs like Real Murcia, Wolves and Plymouth Argyle but seems to have played very few first team games over the course of his career. 

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The new keeper has been at clubs like Real Murcia, Wolves and Plymouth Argyle but seems to have played very few first team games over the course of his career. 

Yes that's him.   Not the biggest of keepers which has maybe affected his appearance figures.

5 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Jack Ruddy was at Cowdenbeath for the first half of last season, thought he was very decent.

Played a dozen or so games but Maurice Ross seemed to change his mind quite often between him and Dan Farrell. I seem to remember Jack got rather bizarrely subbed (not injury related) at half time in an away game and he left quite soon after.

One of the older Bo’ness gents on the terracing reckoned your goalie has his eye on a move up the ladder, and Ruddy brought in as a result of that.

1 minute ago, Cowdenleith said:

Jack Ruddy was at Cowdenbeath for the first half of last season, thought he was very decent.

Played a dozen or so games but Maurice Ross seemed to change his mind quite often between him and Dan Farrell. I seem to remember Jack got rather bizarrely subbed (not injury related) at half time in an away game and he left quite soon after.

One of the older Bo’ness gents on the terracing reckoned your goalie has his eye on a move up the ladder, and Ruddy brought in as a result of that.

Got subbed at Gretna after trying to waste time inviting the centre forward on to him before he picked the ball up. Said centre forward ran in and Ruddy couldn’t bend down quick enough and the guy kicked the ball thru his legs into the goal. !

27 minutes ago, NewtonBU said:

Who Hunter? The only players I can recall moving on are Kieran Mooney on loan. 

In addition to John Ward who has been mentioned above a couple of younger players Murdoch and Fullerton were also moved on. Maybe the first time poster who made the comment is not happy about that for some reason.

9 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Musa has been in and around training with Raith Rovers for a decent length of time. Not ready for that level yet but have to presume there's some interest that got him in the door.

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Referee was probably technically right with the cautions today but it really spoils the game for fans to have all those cards flying about.

A bit of commonsense wouldn't go amiss.

Agreed, both could’ve easily been let go without either team batting an eye lid at the decision. Both players were on a yellow and gave the ref a decision to make though.

11 minutes ago, Nicholas Rage said:

Musa has been in and around training with Raith Rovers for a decent length of time. Not ready for that level yet but have to presume there's some interest that got him in the door.

Will be sad to see him go. Been a good keeper for us and had some unbelievable performances for us too. 

If he can cut out the errors he can go on to make a very good career for himself.

Wish him all the best.

58 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

He got subbed at Gretna had a complete howler for their goal so I wouldn't have minded Maurice saying something to him about it. I actually thought Danny Farrell was the best of the 2 last season.

For me Ruddy has spent too much of his career on the bench the latest club being Dulwich I would rate the regular BU keeper higher.

Musa reminds me a fair bit of Rab Douglas. A cracking goalie, but you know a calamity can be just around the corner. Guy is like a lot of young goalies though, early twenties and hasn't played a lot of football. After a couple of hundred games there's every chance he'll be a cracking goalie.

Hope BU can hold onto him for as long as possible, but signing a new goalie (if he's signed!) would suggest he might not be long for us.

22 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

He got subbed at Gretna had a complete howler for their goal so I wouldn't have minded Maurice saying something to him about it. I actually thought Danny Farrell was the best of the 2 last season.

For me Ruddy has spent too much of his career on the bench the latest club being Dulwich I would rate the regular BU keeper higher.

It’s still a bit weird subbing the goalie at half time, even if he had a brain fart. Same old story though, goalie makes a mistake it’s a calamity, defender makes a howler (eg first Bo’ness goal today) it’s quickly forgotten but the consequence was the same.

You can’t tell I’m the Dad of a goalkeeper can you? I do get a bit protective about them. 😀

15 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

It’s still a bit weird subbing the goalie at half time, even if he had a brain fart. Same old story though, goalie makes a mistake it’s a calamity, defender makes a howler (eg first Bo’ness goal today) it’s quickly forgotten but the consequence was the same.

You can’t tell I’m the Dad of a goalkeeper can you? I do get a bit protective about them. 😀

To be fair he was one of three or four players who got hooked at the break that day.

If a player will not sign a new contract hunts must prepare for loseing a player the support do not want him to leave it to late to sign a replacement the comment on hear on bu site is rediculous hunts has put bu in the best league points they have ever had and the some of the fans are not happy what must he do in hunts we have trust

7 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Ruddy never stays at any club for long. Seems like a strange guy. 

Definitely got a mistake or two in him which explains why he's now playing at this level and not further up. 

6 hours ago, blue 8 said:

If a player will not sign a new contract hunts must prepare for loseing a player the support do not want him to leave it to late to sign a replacement the comment on hear on bu site is rediculous hunts has put bu in the best league points they have ever had and the some of the fans are not happy what must he do in hunts we have trust

I don't think anyone has suggested that they aren't happy with Hunter, quite the opposite.

23 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Every BU fan I know is totally behind Stuart Hunter.   He is the man for the job.

Stuart has been a tremendous asset to the club as a player, and now as manager. The BU’s have been so much more enjoyable to watch this season. I for one am extremely grateful for all he has done for the club, and surprisingly for BU fans, also have hardly heard a bad word about him.