Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

On 20/03/2024 at 14:59, aidan-bufc said:

The league itself is a shambles to be fair. A team winning a league basically by Jan/Feb but might not even get promoted. Teams fighting for a top 2/3/4 finish not knowing if it even qualifies them for anything. B teams buying their way into the pyramid but can’t go anywhere else in the pyramid (assuming they can’t get relegated). Not even looked at the relegation/promotion from the lower leagues but that’s probably a joke as well. 

I’m pretty sure top 4 means challenge cup at least!

1 hour ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

I’m pretty sure top 4 means challenge cup at least!

Hope so but hopes and expectations will be more next season. Not putting pressure on Hunts and the team but ground wise  there could well be if we improve. Falkirk council were given responsibility to maintain the the stadium. Let it rot and could not get rid of the responsibility quickly enough . Tough job now for NPA to get ground to spec if needed . Don’t get me wrong I think we have a cracking ground but it was so much better before the council let it slide lost the seated stand etc

7 hours ago, Bu bri said:

Hope so but hopes and expectations will be more next season. Not putting pressure on Hunts and the team but ground wise  there could well be if we improve. Falkirk council were given responsibility to maintain the the stadium. Let it rot and could not get rid of the responsibility quickly enough . Tough job now for NPA to get ground to spec if needed . Don’t get me wrong I think we have a cracking ground but it was so much better before the council let it slide lost the seated stand etc

Terracing will need fixed and barriers put in I think.

Best team won , playing against a right whinging lot .

Their manager has certainly set a standard there .

By the way , what the hell has happened to that pitch , never seen it so bad , maybe better spending some of the extra gate money they take compared to us to buy some grass treatment .

20 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Big Hunter made the right calls today.  It was unexpected and unorthodox but it worked.

Big Hunts saw the problem today with 3 at the back and changed it to a back 4 in the 2nd half that’s what a good coach he is