Dundee United 23/24

1 hour ago, ArabFundamentalist said:

In what way is it deserved? f**k me if we took the time to slag off Dundee supporters for every one of their signings that flopped we'd be here all week.

I'm always very diligent in ripping into the Dees for their shite signings, shite managers, shite owners, fairytale new stadium, current stadium and having a Scottish Cup record Forfar would find embarrassing.

However at the moment we need to take our medicine.

2 minutes ago, ArabFundamentalist said:

I've got absolutely no issue with United supporters discussing how shite we are. 

There's no danger I'm taking any shite from Dees on our plight given their history though.

The fact there's United supporters basically encouraging it on here is pathetic.

You obviously don’t understand the premise of a multi-club forum. 

I came on this thread to sensibly talk about the Levitt transfer but your knicker wetting has been much more entertaining. 

Edited by Pens_Dark

7 minutes ago, ArabFundamentalist said:

I've got absolutely no issue with United supporters discussing how shite we are. 

There's no danger I'm taking any shite from Dees on our plight given their history though.

The fact there's United supporters basically encouraging it on here is pathetic.

Then stick to United Mad or some other shite United forum?

The whole point of a multi-club forum is that it is a big free for all.

You and all the other Dees who lurk in this thread are more than welcome to comment on United. However I'm personally not prepared to let it go without telling you all to gtf.

Just like I'd expect you lot to do if I was posting on the Dundee thread.

The difference is though you lot would probably do just that and stick up for your team.

United supporters seem to be happy getting powered without offering any sort of comeback.

It's rather depressing.

I'd take either Rudden or Doidge on loan this season. Both mostly shite but decent physical presences and good options off the bench at this level. Last season we had a queue of 17/18 year old, 6 stone soaking wet wingers attempting to fill that role. Dear reader: they did not. Meanwhile, guys of exactly that ilk bullied our guys every single week.

You can't fill the squad with that sort but there's something to be said for having half decent ugly pros on hand to put a shift in.

4 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I'd take either Rudden or Doidge on loan this season. Both mostly shite but decent physical presences and good options off the bench at this level. Last season we had a queue of 17/18 year old, 6 stone soaking wet wingers attempting to fill that role. Dear reader: they did not. Meanwhile, guys of exactly that ilk bullied our guys every single week.

You can't fill the squad with that sort but there's something to be said for having half decent ugly pros on hand to put a shift in.

But based on Goodwin's signings, you are filling your squad with 'half decent ugly pros'. You need to be adding a bit of added quality and with all due respect, Rudden & Doidge are not gonna win you the league - how many signings do you think Goodwin will make between now and the season starting?

2 hours ago, ArabFundamentalist said:

In what way is it deserved? f**k me if we took the time to slag off Dundee supporters for every one of their signings that flopped we'd be here all week.

Your team finished below us and Ross County and got relegated.

Your. Take. Medicine

^^^rearrange those words.

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

But based on Goodwin's signings, you are filling your squad with 'half decent ugly pros'. You need to be adding a bit of added quality and with all due respect, Rudden & Doidge are not gonna win you the league - how many signings do you think Goodwin will make between now and the season starting?

We've only signed three players, bud. You're going to need to hold your nerve for now.

20 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

In my opinion Doidge can’t play off the bench. He’s one of those guys who needs regular starts/70ish minutes a week or he would never be sharp enough to do anything for you.

Just now, Sortmeout said:

In my opinion Doidge can’t play off the bench. He’s one of those guys who needs regular starts/70ish minutes a week or he would never be sharp enough to do anything for you.

Fine, scrub Doidge then. Point remains - half decent teams (which is all that's generally required to win the Championship/stay in the Premiership) are generally made up of unglamorous, steady players rather than superstars. Lets not forget that Dundee won this division last season and their players are absolutely shite.

43 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

You're going to be disappointed with at least one of the names I've heard then.

5 hours ago, ArabFundamentalist said:

History 😂

6 hours ago, ArabFundamentalist said:

United supporters seem to be happy getting powered without offering any sort of comeback.

To be fair to a lot of you - and as has been pointed out by a United fan - I'd have been sick to the bone too with some of the shite you've had to put up with recently.

You'll be back though. You basturts always fall out windows and go upwards.

Enjoy the forum.

Spoiler

Yi dirty Arab basturt.