Dundee United 23/24

7 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Start of the league season, apparently.Ā 

f**k sake was hoping heā€™d miss Gayf

Ā 

eta - always really highly rated Watt. Wonā€™t score anywhere near the same amount as Shankland but heā€™s a clever player who should make a massive contribution in this divisionĀ 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

f**k sake was hoping heā€™d miss Gayf

Ā 

eta - always really highly rated Watt. Wonā€™t score anywhere near the same amount as Shankland but heā€™s a clever player who should make a massive contribution in this divisionĀ 

If his head's screwed on property. Otherwise he'll wander around aimlessly until the ball is played directly to his feet and then run with the ball until he comes up against a challenge and then throw himself to the ground, 40:60 chance of getting a free kick.

4 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Meekison also fit to start? Ooft. No Sibbald. Does that suggest he'll be going sooner rather than later.

I think sibbald stays and is good squad player. Heard the Stewart stuff from Aberdeen is currently all rubbish, certainly not advanced as some people are saying. Donā€™t think heā€™s a targetĀ 

5 minutes ago, ArabFundamentalist said:

The courier is saying Watt needs more recovery time so I doubt he'll be playing today.

@Fife Arabseems fairly well connected, I'd go with what he/she is saying.

I got told during the week he'll likely make the bench so wouldn't be surprised to see him play some part. Not sure about starting mind you.

Either way I'm gonna put my head on a parapet here and state something that's maybe not been as obvious to some, did people not consider that rather than being a disruptive influence on the squad directly it was more he called out certain people at the club for the way they were acting and all the bullying stuff was nonsense?

I think giving him the VC and with his determination to get fit after a bad injury the guy deserves to be given a chance to see how he does, perhaps the bold Tony has had a little perspective on things over the last wee while?

Goodwin trying to punt Mulgrew out the door with the reasoning that he is the 4th choice centre back, but we need a 4th choice. Do we have some promising centre backs in the youth?

We have had a conversation with Charlie with regards to the lack of opportunities available to him. We signed Kevin Holt for the left side of defence, we have Ollie Denham on loan from Cardiff, we have Ross Graham as well. Charlieā€™s understanding of the situation. Heā€™s at that stage in his career where he can recognise the fact he doesnā€™t want to be blocking up the opportunity for a young lad like Ross coming through. But look, Charlie is under contract, he is training with the squad. His attitude and his application to what we have done has been impeccable. He is a top pro, has had a fantastic career and no doubt Charlie will want to go and finish his career by playing games somewhere.

Ā 

If 4-3-3 is Godwinā€™s formation of choice I hope itā€™s a genuine formation and not some variation that sees a striker stuck up top in an isolated position for large parts of the game.

42 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Goodwin trying to punt Mulgrew out the door with the reasoning that he is the 4th choice centre back, but we need a 4th choice. Do we have some promising centre backs in the youth?

Ā 

He's quite expensive for a fourth choice centre back in the second tier of Scottish footballĀ 

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

Ā 

Bisland, and another who's name I've forgot, maybe Constable unless he got released?

Bissy can play RB/CB though.