Dundee United 23/24

8 minutes ago, captainkev said:

If Grimshaw is not going to be playing there reguarly, then both our full backs are going to be big source of joy for teams this season. I've been a fan of Freeman in the past, but his best spell for us is now quite some time past and increasingly looks it was just a purple patch of form. Frankly there have been points tonight where he's just not looked interested.

Never been a fan of Freeman. He’s not terrible, it’s just he’s not that good. In fact the hill I’ll die on is that Liam Smith was a better player.

McMann on the other hand has been good tonight.

Just now, Vernon gilmore said:

7 straight defeats in the last 7 competitive games for Goodwin , let’s hope he stays and gets United back where they belong in the third tier 

As bad as we are, I'm not sure how we "belong" at a level of Scottish football we have literally never played at. Yet.

Just now, Sarto Mutiny said:

As bad as we are, I'm not sure how we "belong" at a level of Scottish football we have literally never played at. Yet.

The year I was born United finished the second worst team in Scotland only Montrose finished below them on goal average , yes United finished 35th best team in Scotland, that would even be 4th tier now 

Freeman needs to pull his head out his arse and get a pair of balls.

McMann much better tonight.

Cudjoe should stop trying to take on the world and lay the ball off to a teammate might actually get a few assists this season if he does.

Get Watt back training.

Sibbald should have stayed on.

f**k this is grim.

Utter shite. Worrying utter shite.

I try to be fairly balanced and not get involved in the hysteria, but I've seen folk on-line suggest we may go down again, and I'm thinking they may have a point.

In other news I see Blair Henderson scored again 😎

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

That is pretty much how I feel right now. Tonight wasn't a hopeless performance by any means, but there is real cause for concern.

We don't look like we're going to score enough to kill games off when we're in front and the propensity to ship sloppy goals is still there. Most of the young players don't look ready to be first team regulars yet. In fact only Fotheringham was probably the only one of them who truly stood out tonight.

At least the goalkeeper had an encouraging performance, in addition to the net positive of simply not being Birighitti.

Edited by captainkev

19 minutes ago, Vernon gilmore said:

The year I was born United finished the second worst team in Scotland only Montrose finished below them on goal average , yes United finished 35th best team in Scotland, that would even be 4th tier now 

You are trying way too hard here old sport.

On 16/07/2023 at 12:33, ArabFC said:

Not particularly bothered by the result and I'm in no position to judge the performance (which is more important) as I wasn't there.

However, I've got no real faith in the manager, I have no real hope in the players we've signed and I am scanning a squad which looks on paper just about the worst I have ever seen at Tannadice. I mean seriously, who is our best player?

So yesterday's result came as no surprise.

I'm looking forward to Tuesday to see if my fears are well founded or not. Can't say I'm optimistic though.

Not sure what anyone was expecting.

We had a crap team.

We’ve released all the least-worst players.

And signed meh!