Dundee United 23/24

46 minutes ago, Fife Arab said:

Niskanen I’m hearing is finally away. League one English club paying a fee for him. We have done well somehow getting £ for him. 

Gutted that his character and presence won't be around, not so bothered about the footballer.

2 hours ago, Fife Arab said:

Niskanen I’m hearing is finally away. League one English club paying a fee for him. We have done well somehow getting £ for him. 

He seemed like a nice guy, and he did knock his pan in whenever he was on the pitch, so good luck to him.

I’m hoping we have now offloaded enough players to bring in a couple more.  We really need another striker to cover for Moult if required.  Another right-sided attacking player would be a bonus.

On 08/08/2023 at 15:41, Granny Danger said:

I’m hoping we have now offloaded enough players to bring in a couple more.  We really need another striker to cover for Moult if required.  Another right-sided attacking player would be a bonus.

I reckon the odds of us bringing in another striker are between zero and nowt.

Clearly on a cost-cutting exercise and after the opening day win, probably feel emboldened to go it like this.

3 hours ago, ArabFC said:

I reckon the odds of us bringing in another striker are between zero and nowt.

Clearly on a cost-cutting exercise and after the opening day win, probably feel emboldened to go it like this.

Better hope perma crock Moult doesn't get crocked then.

Thank you.

On 08/08/2023 at 15:41, Granny Danger said:

I think cover/support for Moult is a priority. It's not a role that fits TW, and it would be a big ask for a young striker like Rory McLeod to cope with. But if we can find the next Jon Daly lurking out there, then that's the type I'm after.

I'd say the next priority is an attacking midfielder. Preferably wide right and better than Nisk.

Started the game strongly I felt, but you've got to score when you're on top.

It all went pretty flat after that and I reckon you almost pinpoint the exact moment that started when Freeman had the chance to go forward and keep the attacking momentum sustained, but went instead backwards to Walton. The 'flatness' continued and Pars maybe even finished the half the stronger.

Took us going behind to get out our malaise and eventually get the point I'd say we deserved.

Interesting Goodwin never changed Moult, who wasn't nearly as effective as he has been of late, or even gave him a strike partner once we went one down (between that and playing him wide last week, tend to think Goodwin not overly impressed with MacLeod just yet) - if we're to sign another player I think it has to be a striker. Ideally one who would appreciate Moult is first choice, but will provide competition and can also play alongside Moult when the game calls for it.