Dundee United 23/24

8 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

If Doc, Watt and Glass are out then there’s probably only 1 change to starting line up from last week so not too severe… though Tillson is a downgrade on Docherty.

Doc and Watt missing for you would be massive for us in terms of midfield battles and creativity and who ever the player is… got a strong enough bench to change anything if it goes wrong? 

20 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Doc and Watt missing for you would be massive for us in terms of midfield battles and creativity and who ever the player is… got a strong enough bench to change anything if it goes wrong? 

The answer to this was clearly no sadly.

If any United supporter thinks Grimshaw is an upgrade on either Freeman or any other RB at the club today showed me why I had doubts a few games back about him.

Technically not the worst but he just does some infuriating stuff slowing the play down and today he seemed to me to make the wrong pass every time.

He does the stupid Smith-esque thing of checking the ball inside to the middle of the park rather than taking it direct or even doing a diagonal. Makes my blood boil.

Read a few tweets calling for Goodwin to go and someone calling Holt and Gallagher "Wage Thief's".

Think that's enough United twitter chat for the evening 😅

Thought it was a fairly even game decided by one moment of magic. We were poor but the major worries Moult's lack of form and the general lack of creativity.

Just now, ArabianKnight said:

The answer to this was clearly no sadly.

If any United supporter thinks Grimshaw is an upgrade on either Freeman or any other RB at the club today showed me why I had doubts a few games back about him.

Technically not the worst but he just does some infuriating stuff slowing the play down and today he seemed to me to make the wrong pass every time.

He does the stupid Smith-esque thing of checking the ball inside to the middle of the park rather than taking it direct or even doing a diagonal. Makes my blood boil.

He's not very good but he's not actively bad either. Much like Freeman, he's not exactly a dynamic wing back, but unlike Freeman, I don't have fear that we'll concede goals every game thanks to him.

57 minutes ago, SGMilne said:

He's not very good but he's not actively bad either. Much like Freeman, he's not exactly a dynamic wing back, but unlike Freeman, I don't have fear that we'll concede goals every game thanks to him.

Not sure Grimshaw has much scope to be better. Yup definitely defensively more sound than Sheep but Freeman at least pushes the ball forwards and attempts to keep attacks alive.

That said most of the team played within themselves today. Wasn't great to see a total lack of fight.

Tbf though I don't think there was any particularly bad performances, just wasn't at the level we know they can play at.

A manager has two jobs. 1. To set a team up to play to its strengths and limit the opposition. 2. To motivate the team to be better than the sum of their parts.

Yesterday showed why Goodwin is never going to be a manager. A miserable watch where we got what we deserved.