Dundee United 23/24

13 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Another Tony project that's been filled up with shite then. If half these laddies put a bit of a shift on at training as they did filling themselves with grandeur we would have done players on the books 🙄

In fairness, as @SGMilne said, it's a generational problem more than a Dundee United one I think

#oldmanyellsatcloud

6 hours ago, Fife Arab said:

Gallagher fit for today, big boost. 

Clearly wasn't fit enough! Shouldn't have been risked IMO.

Worrying McMann has picked up a knock too, could really do with not having to rely on Duffy to fill in for him.

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Clearly wasn't fit enough! Shouldn't have been risked IMO.

Worrying McMann has picked up a knock too, could really do with not having to rely on Duffy to fill in for him.

Agreed on both fronts. 

Middleton being employed at LB was an interesting one. Was Duffy not on the bench today (possibly making room for MacLeod)

**Just seen Duffy was on the bench, so Middleton at LB all the more peculiar**

Edited by Steven W

On 30/12/2023 at 14:28, Pull My Strings said:

Tidy for the first and two good finishes for the second and third but, those moments aside, I thought Watt was poor last night. Very poor closing down and tracking back.

Was this ironic? 

If so, hats off for the witty depiction of the archetypal angry Arab, desperate to find fault in any performance.  Very good.

On 01/01/2024 at 16:49, ArabianKnight said:

So McLeod recalled from Forfar since he wasn't getting game time and someone on twitter saying his attitude was apparently stinking there.

Feels like yesterday that Big Tony was announcing our tie-up with Fulham and that Rory McLeod was on trial ahead of a £4 million move down there.  I know it shouldn't sway me, but I can't help but feel I would warm to young Rory if he got a haircut - that barnet is ridiculous (okay, not Craig Sibbald levels of ridiculous but not a million miles off it).  

13 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Worrying McMann has picked up a knock too...

I'd argue that, the aforementioned Craig Sibbald aside, McMann has been our most consistent high performer this season.  A vast improvement on his last season (which was absolutely disastrous).  Hopefully he isn't out for too long.

Loan report on the Dode Fox Podcast always painted Flynn Duffy in fairly positive terms (at least when he was at Peterhead - not sure if he had a more recent loan somewhere else), so maybe worth a punt?

11 hours ago, skinny arab said:

Suspect Duffy not coming on was more about Cudjoe getting some minutes as we continue to try to get him to sign a new deal (currently doesn’t look like happening)

I'm still on the fence with Cudjoe, it has to be said - I am not sure he has enough end-product, especially if we are playing Premiership football next season (In shaa Allah etc.) and the fact there are rumours circulating that he is refusing a new deal makes it appear that he may value himself a little too highly...

15 minutes ago, arab_joe said:

Was this ironic? 

If so, hats off for the witty depiction of the archetypal angry Arab, desperate to find fault in any performance.  Very good.

Feels like yesterday that Big Tony was announcing our tie-up with Fulham and that Rory McLeod was on trial ahead of a £4 million move down there.  I know it shouldn't sway me, but I can't help but feel I would warm to young Rory if he got a haircut - that barnet is ridiculous (okay, not Craig Sibbald levels of ridiculous but not a million miles off it).  

I'd argue that, the aforementioned Craig Sibbald aside, McMann has been our most consistent high performer this season.  A vast improvement on his last season (which was absolutely disastrous).  Hopefully he isn't out for too long.

Loan report on the Dode Fox Podcast always painted Flynn Duffy in fairly positive terms (at least when he was at Peterhead - not sure if he had a more recent loan somewhere else), so maybe worth a punt?

I'm still on the fence with Cudjoe, it has to be said - I am not sure he has enough end-product, especially if we are playing Premiership football next season (In shaa Allah etc.) and the fact there are rumours circulating that he is refusing a new deal makes it appear that he may value himself a little too highly...

Yup, McMann has perhaps been a bit of an unsung hero for us this season. Nothing spectacular but he's been great at defending and linking up with Middleton down the left. If we had a RB who played as well as he did both attacking and defending we would be flying IMO.

In the same boat with Cudjoe myself, he's scored some great goals this season and has definitely improved but I've yet to be convinced by him, not sure he's ever going to have the consistency to play at a higher level and certainly won't get there if he's refusing a new deal with us. Just can't see who would be willing to take a chance on him all things considered.

On 28/12/2023 at 16:35, Fife Arab said:

Heard we have offered a contract to a winger playing in America. No clue on a name but it’s none of our ex players but has played in Scotland before, don’t have the energy to start digging🤣 Also seen someone on Facebook saying the Simon Murray rumours were “nonsense” This isn’t true heard he’s desperate to come. Also heard wotherspoon is being considered but injury’s dependent. 

no clue if any are done but certainly talks on going. 

Sam Nicholson released. Looks like it was him we have offered a deal too. Can’t imagine we are the only team in for him so will be interesting to see who gets him. 

5 hours ago, Fife Arab said:

Sam Nicholson released. Looks like it was him we have offered a deal too. Can’t imagine we are the only team in for him so will be interesting to see who gets him. 

Heard St Johnstone want him as well.  Also rumour of Danny Wilson ex hearts and rangers

9 hours ago, Tap in 94 said:

Did anyone else think the boys follow through on McMann was a shocker? I'm sure the ref gave a throw in too 

Was fuming about it.  Thought it was absolutely clueless refereeing that he didn’t see it as a fairly cynical foul to stop a promising move down the line, as i thought it was obviously late and reckless, rather than legitimate attempt to win ball.

Was even more annoyed with the Arbroath player as he has obviously done him a right sore one with it.  Not heard an update but hopefully it’s not a lengthy lay off for McMann.

5 minutes ago, foxinperu said:

Was fuming about it.  Thought it was absolutely clueless refereeing that he didn’t see it as a fairly cynical foul to stop a promising move down the line, as i thought it was obviously late and reckless, rather than legitimate attempt to win ball.

Was even more annoyed with the Arbroath player as he has obviously done him a right sore one with it.  Not heard an update but hopefully it’s not a lengthy lay off for McMann.

We were pretty close to the incident and it looked like the Arbroath player played the ball quite cleanly. The follow through wasn't great and it might be argued that it was overly aggressive but it wasn't late and I'm not convinced it was a foul. It wasn't given as a foul.

3 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

Hopefully a standing section and a home end again.

I'm just guessing if I'm honest. But it makes sense from the way the questions are posed. 

Would love to see a standing section!