Dundee United 23/24

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I know, Ferguson was hopeful he would be fit but even if he was he wouldn't be playing for us. That would be mental.

Not as mental as Willo Flood playing a Cup semi for Utd v Celtic the day before he signed for them.  And then that game going to penalties, and Willo taking one knowing if he scored it meant he might miss a cup final.  And then him scoring.  And then everyone else also scoring so it went to something like 10-10 and he had to take another one and he missed this time. 

Now THAT was mental. 
😂

3 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

What we really need, ahead of striker even, is a right sided centre back. I'm not against the concept of Ross Graham. He's a solid enough back-up centre half at this level but he's terribly one footed and really looks out of place on the right side. 

This always strikes me as weird; there are countless right-footed centre-backs across the globe playing as a LCB and nobody ever bats an eyelid, but left-footers on the right never works?

It shouldn't matter a jot. If he can't play there it's because he's not good enough, not his foot preference.

5 hours ago, Fife Arab said:

Wotherspoon is ✅ so it looks like him and Greive.

some bad news is we might look to bring in a defender and Gallagher is sidelined for roughly 5 weeks. 

Is Moult ok for Friday?

2 hours ago, adamntg said:

Not as mental as Willo Flood playing a Cup semi for Utd v Celtic the day before he signed for them.  And then that game going to penalties, and Willo taking one knowing if he scored it meant he might miss a cup final.  And then him scoring.  And then everyone else also scoring so it went to something like 10-10 and he had to take another one and he missed this time. 

Now THAT was mental. 
😂

Fun times :)

49 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

What happens when/if you somehow manage to crawl over the line, you going to bin all these jobbers?

Thank you.

The spine of the team would be adequate in the premiership or at the worst decent back up players. Would likely see a good few additions though to prevent sliding straight back down.. hopefully.

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

What happens when/if you somehow manage to crawl over the line, you going to bin all these jobbers?

Thank you.

We'll offer them 6p in the pound to go away. Sorted

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

The spine of the team would be adequate in the premiership or at the worst decent back up players. Would likely see a good few additions though to prevent sliding straight back down.. hopefully.

You're living in a fantasy land m8.

4 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thank you.

Not many are contracted past the end of the season, which is correct imo. 

The club has managed to make a loss of £2.4m in the 2022-23 season.  Yip, no kidding.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/8206/ANNUAL-REPORT-AND-FINANCIAL-STATEMENTS-FY23.html

I hope Ogren doesn’t walk away anytime soon as I cannot imagine anyone else would be crazy enough to fund this financial shit show. 

Total wage costs increased in the season by 18% yet we were relegated.  It defies logic.

Full details to aid in the tears of despair (or joy).

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/uploads/tinymce/DUFC Signed Accounts 2023.pdf

ETA - I love this bit of wishful thinking - “Finally, the board are confident that despite the difficulties of 2022/23, we remain on course to achieve the long-term aim of being a sustainable and leading competitor within the Scottish Professional Football League.

Edited by Granny Danger

42 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The club has managed to make a loss of £2.4m in the 2022-23 season.  Yip, no kidding.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/8206/ANNUAL-REPORT-AND-FINANCIAL-STATEMENTS-FY23.html

I hope Ogren doesn’t walk away anytime soon as I cannot imagine anyone else would be crazy enough to fund this financial shit show. 

Total wage costs increased in the season by 18% yet we were relegated.  It defies logic.

Full details to aid in the tears of despair (or joy).

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/uploads/tinymce/DUFC Signed Accounts 2023.pdf

ETA - I love this bit of wishful thinking - “Finally, the board are confident that despite the difficulties of 2022/23, we remain on course to achieve the long-term aim of being a sustainable and leading competitor within the Scottish Professional Football League.

The club owes the money to him though doesn’t it, not to a bank or HMRC, or a face painter?  He could call it in I suppose but I don’t see how it could be raised, so he could only get whatever a fire sale would raise and his asset would be gone.  Can’t see it.  If he wants rid he’ll need to take a haircut, and someone to shoulder what’s left.