Dundee United 23/24

7 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Tilson played his role very well tonight. He was set out to be a destroyer and disrupter and he done that allowing Doc and Sibbald to play more fluently.

Goodwin picked the right team this time.  Gallagher and Holt headed everything that needed headed.  

Moult and Watt were a handful for their defence and the midfield three were ready to do the dirty work that needed done. 

A second goal would have been good for the nerves, but no complaints, it’s a great win. 

2 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Goodwin picked the right team this time.  Gallagher and Holt headed everything that needed headed.  

Moult and Watt were a handful for their defence and the midfield three were ready to do the dirty work that needed done. 

A second goal would have been good for the nerves, but no complaints, it’s a great win. 

Yeah I liked the look of this team. I'd like Goodwin to stick with it going forward

4 minutes ago, Fife Arab said:

The Brentford meeting last week? 👀

if it’s not that I’m intrigued 

A bit more from that in terms of the toing and froing and how one stumbling block won't be much of an issue 

30 minutes ago, Fletchers Saucy Manbun said:

Jesus Christ, AK.

It's nothing weird or wonderful just things are moving along nicely now apparently with the whole Brentford owner thing.

League can't say anything because they've set precedent with Hibs etc.

Fortheringham and Newman in Scotland u21 squad, so (will probably) miss the ICT game on 23rd.

Could a badly timed Walton injury lead to a re-appearance of 'you-know-who'?

Kai would be a miss too, although not been firing on all cylinders lately.

(Side note, could we ask for a postponement at all?)

6 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Fortheringham and Newman in Scotland u21 squad, so (will probably) miss the ICT game on 23rd.

Could a badly timed Walton injury lead to a re-appearance of 'you-know-who'?

Kai would be a miss too, although not been firing on all cylinders lately.

(Side note, could we ask for a postponement at all?)

I think Rhuirah Adams is out on loan, so you know who might end up on the bench for that game

2 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Also, and whilst I'm far from sold on Goodwin, does last night put paid to the "Can't win the big games" stuff that gets trotted out in certain quarters?

Winning one big game does not mean that no. 

there's plenty of evidence to show that he can't win big games where there's a lot of pressure on him.

51 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

As keen as I am to see the back of Ogren I'm not sure Scottish football become an EPL development league is anything to get excited about 

Yep. Flashing our knickers to become a feeder club for Brentford is surely beneath one of the great names of European football. 

1 minute ago, Gibby82 said:

Yep. Flashing our knickers to become a feeder club for Brentford is surely beneath one of the great names of European football. 

Our record* against Barcelona demands it. 

*competitive

3 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Our record* against Barcelona demands it. 

*competitive

Brentford have never even played European football, never mind put 17 past the champions of Andorra. 

Think Matthew Benham is in the process of selling his controlling interest in Brentford, and has done so with Midtjylland, therefore I'm hopeful he is looking to take on a new challenge. At least if he gets involved at Tannadice, he'll have experience in football, unlike Mark Ogren, who got into football via his errant and now absent fellow director and son Scott.

Again, I asked this earlier but didn't get an answer, isn't the Brentford owner selling up?  Why is he a) trying to buy/invest in us and b) surely that rules us out of being a 'feeder' club for Brentford

1 minute ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Think Matthew Benham is in the process of selling his controlling interest in Brentford, and has done so with Midtjylland, therefore I'm hopeful he is looking to take on a new challenge. At least if he gets involved at Tannadice, he'll have experience in football, unlike Mark Ogren, who got into football via his errant and now absent fellow director and son Scott.

New challenge could be the reason I guess, although all of those folk who made iPad jokes about Tam Courts are going to have a fit when they look into the background of Benham

50 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

That sounds a bit better so consider my knickers flashed