Dundee United 23/24

12 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Gemuine question : if you inserted a sell on clause, why would you receive money from a loan fee?

Sell on fee is a generic term to keep it simple for folk.  Its basically an fee that is involved in the transfer of a player's registration document.  In some loan deals a team pays a fee for a short term transfer of a player's registration document.

Its like how in the Championship you can have an "emergency loan", but it doesn't need to be an actual emergency, just a generic term for one loan that is allowed outwith the transfer (of a player's registration document) window

WTAF is "The Cedars" and why does Mark Often own a letting company here.

Just noticed United put up the job role of a facilities manager on Linkedin that mentions a bit about The Cedars, done a bit of digging and it's linked to the property on the Perth Road of the same name, registered owner is Ogren and the company is registered correspondence address is Tannadice.

7 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

WTAF is "The Cedars" and why does Mark Often own a letting company here.

Just noticed United put up the job role of a facilities manager on Linkedin that mentions a bit about The Cedars, done a bit of digging and it's linked to the property on the Perth Road of the same name, registered owner is Ogren and the company is registered correspondence address is Tannadice.

digs for youth players?

7 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

That's what I had considered but afaik the digs for the young lads are elsewhere.

It's a villa down the Perth road don't think the full academy could bide there 🤣

It's been the digs for youth players for years.

2 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Digs for youth players in a mansion on the Perth Road? That explains a few things about their resolution. Get them in a maisonette in the Hilltown and perhaps they might improve quicker.

A cardboard box in Stoabbie imo.

20 minutes ago, Tap in 94 said:

Only surprising thing for me is St Johnstone being as high as 10th

Hibs and Dundee Utd are the only two I don’t think anyone sensible would disagree with.  All the rest up for debate. 

21 minutes ago, Tap in 94 said:

Only surprising thing for me is St Johnstone being as high as 10th

Recency bias plus Dunfermline and Falkirk and half a dozen similar sized clubs being down the leagues.

37 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Hibs and Dundee Utd are the only two I don’t think anyone sensible would disagree with.  All the rest up for debate. 

1st-5th are correct based on honours won then Dundee/Dundee Utd/Killie share 6th-8th then Motherwell and St M share 9-10th.  So, the rankings are not that far out.

(I've ignored Queens Park in equal 5th as they're shite).