Dundee United 23/24

Congratulations DABs - look forward to resuming hostilities next year - hopefully we can make it a more regular thing!

I saw a bit of what I presume is “patter” from a Utd page on Facebook but I genuinely can’t make any sense of it - so wondered if you could give me some insight into WTF it’s supposed to mean?

Thank You 

IMG_1542.jpeg

On 18/04/2024 at 12:17, Fife Arab said:

I think Moult has already triggered an extension with the amount of games he played. If he wants to stay the new deal is there for him. Think it was part of the package 1 year deal, United tried to cover themselves incase injuries returned 

✅

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Goodwin and Moult picking up manager and player of the year for the championship.

Well deserved for both.

Honestly, well done to Goodwin, but if Raith were to get promoted via the play offs I’d say Murray would be a more deserving winner. 

33 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

Honestly, well done to Goodwin, but if Raith were to get promoted via the play offs I’d say Murray would be a more deserving winner. 

Could say the same for Graham over Moult I guess 

1 hour ago, GFARAB82 said:

The Calforth Construction Stadium

........at Tannadice Park.

Soon apparently 😹

Ken what, if someone is daft enough to chuck a fair bit of money at a football club for naming rights when literally 100% of the rest of the world outside of the media will still call it Tannadice is good to me. Dens is something like the Fome Dome arena or the Insulation Station or whatever and I only hear things like "The pitch at Dens is a disaster" and "Dens is a death trap" etc.

It's literally free money. 

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Ken what, if someone is daft enough to chuck a fair bit of money at a football club for naming rights when literally 100% of the rest of the world outside of the media will still call it Tannadice is good to me. Dens is something like the Fome Dome arena or the Insulation Station or whatever and I only hear things like "The pitch at Dens is a disaster" and "Dens is a death trap" etc.

It's literally free money. 

To be fair to Dundee, some of their corporate re-branding attempts have been very successful - EVERYONE knows about the Dr Noodles hospitality lounge… 

Latest rumours I’ve seen today are Kevin van veen and Ryan Strain.  No idea of how reliable any sources are but we’ll see…

Be good to get a signing in this month.  Hopefully some more positive news on the contracts this week as well.

3 hours ago, GFARAB82 said:

The Calforth Construction Stadium

........at Tannadice Park.

Soon apparently 😹

Bit of a ballsy move for a business that’s only two years old!  I can only assume the two guys who own it are Arab stalwarts.

8 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Bit of a ballsy move for a business that’s only two years old!  I can only assume the two guys who own it are Arab stalwarts.

They are big Arabs. They have sponsored a number of United events over the years and have billboards around Tannadice

11 hours ago, Loemba90 said:

Latest rumours I’ve seen today are Kevin van veen and Ryan Strain.  No idea of how reliable any sources are but we’ll see…

Be good to get a signing in this month.  Hopefully some more positive news on the contracts this week as well.

Van Veen is the sort of unimaginative, costly, Asghar-esque signing that got us relegated.

26 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Van Veen is the sort of unimaginative, costly, Asghar-esque signing that got us relegated.

100%

One good season in his career and turns 33 in a couple of weeks.

Ryan Strain though would be a brilliant signing

23 hours ago, Der Panzer said:

Congratulations DABs - look forward to resuming hostilities next year - hopefully we can make it a more regular thing!

I saw a bit of what I presume is “patter” from a Utd page on Facebook but I genuinely can’t make any sense of it - so wondered if you could give me some insight into WTF it’s supposed to mean?

Thank You 

IMG_1542.jpeg

It's Arabic for Dundee in Europe don't go.

I'll cheers to long live the Derbies 

The club's annual corporate golf day took place last week. The photos are out and was good to see McMann playing even though he has left.

Unless it was held before he was told he is leaving and they needed him for numbers 😬