Annan Athletic. League 1. Season 23/24

35 minutes ago, LoganAAFC said:

For anyone that was making the trip up to Alloa today, Game is OFF, due to snow overnight. 

GAVS0F0XsAAAGmM.jpeg

Can't see why...looks all white to me!

On the positive side no dropped points and a week for the walking wounded to recover.

• 1 month later...

Seeing on Carlisle site Max Kilsby recalled to them. Best of luck to Max who has been first choice LB for past season and a half. Can't see him breaking into Carlisle team just yet though 

13 hours ago, Hauftimedraw said:

Seeing on Carlisle site Max Kilsby recalled to them. Best of luck to Max who has been first choice LB for past season and a half. Can't see him breaking into Carlisle team just yet though 

Paul Simpson said he wanted to get him back in to have a look at him, and hopefully play him in a couple of reserves games this month. He'll then reassess his situation. I wouldn't be surprised if he's back at Annan again by the end of January, or maybe loaned out to somewhere like Gateshead instead.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello friends. James Graham is apparently coming to us on loan from Rangers.

I see he didn't score during his time at Galabank, but wondered what sort of player we could expect? 

With Ryan Wallace retiring we have one striker on the books in Michael Ruth. So another body is welcome above all else, but could he do a turn in League Two?

14 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Hello friends. James Graham is apparently coming to us on loan from Rangers.

I see he didn't score during his time at Galabank, but wondered what sort of player we could expect? 

With Ryan Wallace retiring we have one striker on the books in Michael Ruth. So another body is welcome above all else, but could he do a turn in League Two?

Sorry Jan but as Shania Twain almost said,  he don't impress me much!

He certainly looks fast but no goals or impact up front meant he was simply a bench warmer. 

How's Tony Wallace doing at whatever your stadiums called this week? Now he could certainly have played L1 and was disappointed when he chose to move on.

BTW,  maybees see you guys in the playoffs??

2 hours ago, Hauftimedraw said:

Sorry Jan but as Shania Twain almost said,  he don't impress me much!

He certainly looks fast but no goals or impact up front meant he was simply a bench warmer. 

How's Tony Wallace doing at whatever your stadiums called this week? Now he could certainly have played L1 and was disappointed when he chose to move on.

BTW,  maybees see you guys in the playoffs??

That's disappointing. I was praying he was a hidden hem who just found his chances limited with Goss and Smith for competition. Pace is, at least, something. We lack that at the moment, so I'll cling to that!

Tony's been very good this season. But I don't think any of this will come as a surprise. He's a solid big player, he'll work his arse off, does nothing stupid and is the best finisher we have at the club. Most of his open play goals have been really well taken. He's obviously got next to no pace, but he's so skilful that it doesn't seem to matter. He's great at opening up space for a bit of skill and then delivering a dangerous ball into the box. He makes us a better team and I was glad we extended his deal last week - with the bonus for him that he can walk to and from home matches!

Aye I reckon a rematch is on. Although I'd fancy Annan's chances massively for the playoffs; unless one of Peterhead, Spartans or ourselves can find some form. I don't think any of the three playoff teams are anything special; we've got weaker as the season has gone on, Peterhead are falling away and Spartans are solid. But completely unremarkable. With you guys finding your feet a bit (and having plenty of firepower and the best manager out of the four clubs) then my money would be on another playoff victory. Although who knows!

Selfishly mind you I'm hoping the Binos are dragged back into it. A game 10 minutes from my front door is a luxury I've missed this season :lol: