Tranent 2023/24

Omnishambles

2 minutes ago, shush10 said:

you are on here defending a man who abused and stalked a woman and admitted to it in court.  its not tranents job to rehabilitate this man, prison will do this.

also are you pals with goodwillie , you keep mentioning him? do you back him too ?

'Not as bad as the Goodwillie case' isn't exactly much of a moral benchmark either...

3 minutes ago, searchers1963 said:

I'm leaving it at that before it gets put of hands. I've made my point you have made your point I have made mine and we disagree that's it  and I'm not defending him noone is.

2 wrongs don't make a right and comparing it to cases like thomson and goodwillie to make it not seem as serious is defending him.

1 hour ago, searchers1963 said:

He's probably not a big enough name. Leave it be. Everyone on here wants to be vigilante we are supposed to be about rehabilitating people and looking after peoples mental health.

Jordon Forster didn't seem bothered about his partner's mental health when he spent seven months harassing her, so forgive me for not being bothered about his.

He's probably not a big enough name. Leave it be. Everyone on here wants to be vigilante we are supposed to be about rehabilitating people and looking after peoples mental health.

Playing for and representing a club is a privilege and not a right, nobody is saying he should be ostracised from society but it's ultimately a position where you are somewhat of a role model and represent the club and to a lesser extent the sport. It's already a sport that is a very toxic and unwelcoming place for young women, imagine how much worse they feel when a club backs a player the day after he pleads guilty to abusing his partner. 

Well let's put it a way that you won't understand anyway because you are stuck in this current mindset people have.

You are ridiculing him for abusing someone but you are abusing the guy it's a hit pot and kettle.

The goodwillie case made international news a few faceless people on here isn't going to make a difference. I bet you wouldn't say it to his face

"I bet you wouldn't say it to his face" - why? Are you suggesting that he might get violent? Again. I thought he had shown "Nothing but remorse" for his actions.

Well let's put it a way that you won't understand anyway because you are stuck in this current mindset people have.

You are ridiculing him for abusing someone but you are abusing the guy it's a hit pot and kettle.

The goodwillie case made international news a few faceless people on here isn't going to make a difference. I bet you wouldn't say it to his face

I'd be fine saying it to his face. It's only women he goes after anyway, so I'll be fine.

Not surprised that someone who looks like Andrew Tate turns out to be a complete c**t.

Great start to Tranent FC's first season after their merger between the Juniors and Colts (youths, including girls)...

The longer that statement is left hanging there, the more backlash is piling up and the worse it looks. The club have a chance to own their massive f**k up on this and redeem a little bit of damage limitation, albeit with their tails massively between their legs. I think it's almost inevitable now if there's any sort of finger on the pulse there but ideally sooner rather than later. I think the general murmurs at first were that it's just a pile of moaning verbal shit-stirring from rival fans and people that never attend games. I hope whoever is casting an eye over the response from the club is well aware that people among their core support feel exactly the same way too (not that that should validate any concerns more than others anyway) - and it's worth drumming that home until something changes.

Edited by Omnishambles

12 minutes ago, Omnishambles said:

The longer that statement is left hanging there, the more backlash is piling up and the worse it looks. The club have a chance to own their massive f**k up on this and redeem a little bit of damage limitation, albeit with their tails massively between their legs. I think it's almost inevitable now if there's any sort of finger on the pulse there but ideally sooner rather than later. I think the general murmurs at first were that it's just a pile of moaning verbal shit-stirring from rival fans and people that never attend games. I hope whoever is casting an eye over the response from the club is well aware that people among their core support feel exactly the same way too (not that that should validate any concerns more than others anyway) - and it's worth drumming that home until something changes.

my honest opinion is i think they will keep him and wait for the abuse to die down. i think this season they have put everything into getting out the lowland league and Jordon Forster is a very good player for that level. Unfortunately i think this is blinding the committee there and they have misjudged how much abuse they are going to take. But as it has apparently been passed at a AGM i think they would accept some abuse on social media to get out that league which is very poor 

5 minutes ago, shush10 said:

my honest opinion is i think they will keep him and wait for the abuse to die down. i think this season they have put everything into getting out the lowland league and Jordon Forster is a very good player for that level. Unfortunately i think this is blinding the committee there and they have misjudged how much abuse they are going to take. But as it has apparently been passed at a AGM i think they would accept some abuse on social media to get out that league which is very poor 

Think you're correct but hope you're wrong. See the post has been deleted on Twitter but not on Instagram or the club site.

Just now, Omnishambles said:

Think you're correct but hope you're wrong. See the post has been deleted on Twitter but not on Instagram or the club site.

Just noticed that as well . Best for club to act on it now and say it was a error in judgment and move on.