Tranent 2023/24

Omnishambles

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/12/2023 at 11:09, Halfwit8 said:

Some result for the Belter's yesterday,  maybe rode our luck a little but to take 3 points off Stirling Uni who are starting to look like the team of last season was superb. 👏 ⚽🇱🇻

Game on Boxing Day v Civil Service

Despite Tranent, Civil and all the officials agreeing to a 1.30pm KO on Tuesday 26th December 2023, the Lowland League Board rejected our request, seemingly they required two weeks notice for such a big change to the fixture rather than the one week we gave them.

Is this what happens going forward when we don't vote for the B teams in the league??

KO 3pm.

Here's wishing all our loyal supporters a very Merry Xmas and we look forward to seeing a at the game Tuesday afternoon 3pm 

56 minutes ago, beachboy said:

Despite Tranent, Civil and all the officials agreeing to a 1.30pm KO on Tuesday 26th December 2023, the Lowland League Board rejected our request, seemingly they required two weeks notice for such a big change to the fixture rather than the one week we gave them.

Is this what happens going forward when we don't vote for the B teams in the league??

KO 3pm.

Here's wishing all our loyal supporters a very Merry Xmas and we look forward to seeing a at the game Tuesday afternoon 3pm 

Am I surprised that the club with the most torn faced entourage I have ever seen should come on here gurning on Christmas Eve and try and deflect blame from themselves for their own mistake? I am not.

Personally as a paying customer I am delighted that the game I am going to on Boxing Day is 3pm and not 1.30pm. Don’t really want to have to start too early that day.

1 hour ago, beachboy said:

KO 3pm.

1.30pm boness v linlithgow. And both voted no to B teams 👍.

Then 1.30pm linlithgow v boness.

5 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Am I surprised that the club with the most torn faced entourage I have ever seen should come on here gurning on Christmas Eve and try and deflect blame from themselves for their own mistake? I am not.

Personally as a paying customer I am delighted that the game I am going to on Boxing Day is 3pm and not 1.30pm. Don’t really want to have to start too early that day.

At least we didn't vote for B teams like you bunch of morons 🙄 

21 hours ago, beachboy said:

KO 3pm.

Fancy not paying attention to the rules and greeting about the LL board up holding them. Bo'ness and Lithgae got 1.30 kick offs probably because they paid attention and applied in time.

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Tranent have appointed a Director of Football. Yes, you heard that right, a Lowland League club need a Director of Football.

Wouldn't see it as a need, but a want. Didn't they recently integrate a youth club into the mix. Coaches can come and go. A designated position like that can provide a continuity of care.

• 2 months later...

A shame for the genuinely decent people that were behind the group. A lot of good work spoiled by a handful of wee bams incapable of taking a telling. Only so many warnings and apologies you can dish out.

FB_IMG_1712248630773.jpg

What a shame it has come to this. This rise of the " ultras' has become a become a blight on football at large and more recently at our level.

Last Saturday Tranent as a Club did everything possible before, during and after the game to make things right. That meant what happened was contained.  The worry is despite all best efforts,  something might get out of control. 

We must all stand together, Every Club has or will be faced with this issue, we have,  the wee dicks can't be allowed to win. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jambo222 said:

Think that ship may have sailed.

I wonder how long little will be allowed to captain that ship. Considering the financial outlay at the beginning of the season which wasn’t far off EK the Big T have had a bad season which has been perked up somewhat with the cup win a few weeks back