The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

Didn't bother with heading to Kelty today but, from what I've heard, it seems like it was a clinical performance. Don't think many expected Akheem Rose to get five goals in his first six games, especially given he's looked at his worst in front of goal. 

Don’t even think there is a Match thread such is the way it is now.

Good result,  but the way the Board will look at it is that he is now unsackable.

The damage was done from December to end of February, so no dancing in the streets of Hamilton West here.

Yeah good result and performance today players were excellent today still don't get a couple of Rankin's decisions pre match however can't complain too much as we won 5-0 however like the previous poster mentioned that's Rankin viewed as even more unsackable hopefully we can gain a bit of momentum from today.

37 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Who do you want in the play-offs?

If that's a genuine question then honestly i don't think we'll beat any championship side under Rankin so it won't really matter. Can't see Alloa, Cove or Montrose beating any of them either i would expect 9th in the championship to stay up this season.

18 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

If that's a genuine question then honestly i don't think we'll beat any championship side under Rankin so it won't really matter. Can't see Alloa, Cove or Montrose beating any of them either i would expect 9th in the championship to stay up this season.

It was genuine. I think you could beat Cove or Montrose but Alloa would be a harder ask.  What i have seen of the bottom end of the Championship i dont think they are unbeatable.

2 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

It was genuine. I think you could beat Cove or Montrose but Alloa would be a harder ask.  What i have seen of the bottom end of the Championship i dont think they are unbeatable.

We could beat all 3 of the league 1 teams but they could easily all beat us as well and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we lose to 3rd. Out of the championship teams I would want to avoid Ayr and Inverness because that means Rose or Davidson wouldn't be eligible to play. Queens Park have a lot of good players so i would also want to avoid them as I think they could comfortably beat us. Which leaves just Dunfermline and Arbroath left I would probably still back both of them to beat us and Alloa, Cove and Montrose so I don't think it will matter too much on who finishes 9th.

2 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

We could beat all 3 of the league 1 teams but they could easily all beat us as well and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we lose to 3rd. Out of the championship teams I would want to avoid Ayr and Inverness because that means Rose or Davidson wouldn't be eligible to play. Queens Park have a lot of good players so i would also want to avoid them as I think they could comfortably beat us. Which leaves just Dunfermline and Arbroath left I would probably still back both of them to beat us and Alloa, Cove and Montrose so I don't think it will matter too much on who finishes 9th.

Based on what I saw earlier in the season I wouldn't worry about Ayr or Queens park if I was you. We beat both of them without breaking a sweat after making 5 changes to our normal starting 11, they are both shite. 

29 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Based on what I saw earlier in the season I wouldn't worry about Ayr or Queens park if I was you. We beat both of them without breaking a sweat after making 5 changes to our normal starting 11, they are both shite. 

Both have new managers now since you played them like I said Queens Park have a lot of good players guys like Ruari Paton, Dom Thomas, Danny Wilson, Calum Ferrie, Charlie Fox and Stuart McKinstry to name a few they've improved a bit since Davidson came in so I think they will end up staying up. 

11 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I’d genuinely fancy our chances against Dunfermline that’s about it and even that would mean turning over Cove/Alloa which isn’t a gimme.

I highly doubt we'll make playoffs and even if we did I wouldn't be confident at all. Alloa will be a difficult game for you if you get them Montrose too.

I can see Accies now going on a decent winning run as there is no real pressure now we can’t even really fcuk up getting into the Play Offs.

However,once the pressure is on Rankin will revert to type as will some of these players.

13 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Accies should definitely get through to the final, whoever finishes 3rd. The 9th place champ team will be hard though.

I think we have a squad capable of beating most of the bottom half of the Championship tbh. OK we’ve fucked our chances of the league quite solidly over the last few months, but I still think our squad is pretty decent. Leaving aside the “best squad in the league” patter for a moment I said earlier in the season I thought both us and Falkirk had squads that were too good for this league and I stand by that.

Our biggest barrier is Rankin.

I would prefer not to play Inverness though as I just cba going up there