The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I must admit, I’m struggling to see what is retro about that design. It’s an absolutely horrendous effort for a 150th anniversary kit. If they wanted to go down the retro route they should have went for something clean and simple that has a nod to the past. 

It's clearly a nod to this

Screenshot_20240716_180948_Opera.jpg

I think it looks ok tbh, but i agree that we really need to see in person.

It's always going to be impossible to please everyone with the strips, as long as we have a good team playing in them, that'll do me!

It looks like a cheap training top...probably cos that's exactly what it is.

And those unreadable white numbers on the back of the strips tonight won't do for SPFL games surely?

Would think they'll need to be changed to black numbers.

1 hour ago, cdhafc1874 said:

It looks like a cheap training top...probably cos that's exactly what it is.

And those unreadable white numbers on the back of the strips tonight won't do for SPFL games surely?

Would think they'll need to be changed to black numbers.

Maybe you’ll double down on the horror and go with a panel. 

I thought it looked a tiny bit better in person, but I genuinely mean going from an abhorrent mess of a top to just really terrible.  The red bit at the top doesn’t look anywhere near as big on the players as it did in that video it must have been a XXXL in the video as someone said.

Why the white numbers though? That marks it down again surely it’ll be black for the league.

Extremely poor performance tonight we deserved nothing from the game basically out of the cup already which is extremely disappointing. First thing I'll say is that just shows that we're still seriously needing to add a number of players which I think we will considering we've brought 5 in and 14 have left.

We better hope Longridge is back for the league starting as Stephen Hendrie is absolutely rotten championship teams will destory him as will Ross County next week if he plays. Chirssy McGinn was better than Hendrie and we released him. Wouldn't be against the idea of punting Hendrie and using a loan to bring in a left back with pace and a better standard of backup to Longridge. Our defensive options are all extremely slow we'll really miss Fergus this season and it's important that we replace him properly. I'm not convinced one bit with having Tumilty as the first choice right back and I've been saying that for a while he has the odd game where he shows his quality however he was poor a lot at times last season as he was tonight. I thought McGinty and Albinson done well tonight and they were 2 of the 3 passmarks tonight for me along with Bradley who for me impressed me the most tonight. Our midfield is really lacking any creativity I thought Williamson was another who was extremely poor tonight and had questions on him last season as well. Maguire didn't really offer anything either. Not an attacking minded midfielder but what's happened with Paul Allan? You would have expected him to have signed by now if he was signing. 

Edited by Ian Mcleod

After the kit release video I was really trying to be positive and hoping that in person it would look a lot better, which some could argue it may do slightly, but as a whole its a awful kit. Especially for the clubs 150th, which you would want the club to splash a bit more cash and make it special and high quality, something you'd be proud to wear in public. I'm assuming this will be brought up at the forum as they need to know they've let us down.

Well can only hope the away kit is better, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

59 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Any update on Fans Forum earlier. Rumours that club own stadium again and a forthcoming friendly abroad.

Not yet but hopefully soon, before Ayr game. Friendly abroad but also some fans nights at the stadium as well as a 3rd strip for Dec, which will be fans choice.

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

Any update on Fans Forum earlier. Rumours that club own stadium again and a forthcoming friendly abroad.

Did see one update that disappeared on my timeline as I went to comment on it. Had five or six points

One of the points was why do Hamilton not have a live video service and the  answer "we're looking at it but the SFA rules make it very difficult." *facepalm*

Another was Zengin picked the strips - again goes to my theory that money doesn't buy you taste.

https://x.com/WeAreAccies/status/1814012433788182722

Edited by LeodhasXD
found it

Posted (edited)

A lot was said tonight to address the obvious PR disaster that has been created by the kit and to take ownership for the (many) mistakes made. As feared, bottom line is we failed to be ready for the start of the season yet again (for various reasons, some of which i understand and accept).

Hopefully the sponsorship deal is completed soon and the "tweaks" that were talked about regarding  quality of manufacturing, the miss matched shorts and the numbers on the back can be resolved.

We were basically told that the kit we played in on Tuesday is not the final version that will be released (why do a launch then???) We were also told that kurt wil basically be our own brand. If this ends up generating funds for the club, then I'm prepared to be a hypocrite and accept what they were trying to do. For this to work though the quality will need to be a lot better than what we have seen so far and the away kit will have to be a belter (still can't see me buying the home one though!)

We were also told that a third kit will be the actual 150th anniversary Limited edition kit

It's never dull being an Accies fan! 

Edited by Beckford

In regards to the rest of the forum, I felt there was a lot to be positive about.

This board have undoubtedly made more than a few mistakes  especially on the PR front to the extent that it often feels like self inflicted sabotage. However, for me it does feel as if they genuinely want to improve our wee basket case of a club.

Like most fans, I will have a good moan when I'm not happy with things at my club, but at least now we have a board that will listen to our moans. 

Things are far from perfect but im really glad that we have these regular forums and hopeful that at least some issues will be resolved as a result of them.

It sounded like McGowan has been relegated from landlord to tenant, which still isn't ideal but obviously a much, much better situation. Zengin taking such a brazen dig at George Cairns also confirms his close ties with McGowan, and it sounded like he was the one who handed in his resignation before the second Alloa game and then backtracked when we got promoted. 

I don't think they handled complaints about the PATG prices well at all, confirming what we all suspected regarding taking advantage of away supports and asking home fans to take the fall for Zengin's big spending. I appreciate the money he's putting into the club and the ways he's trying to bring in sponsors, but it doesn't really sound like the most sustainable business model at this moment in time.

The Kyle MacDonald situation was... interesting. They were very dismissive in their communication of it, which is somewhat based on the evidence that they've, but their attitude gave off the impression that they aren't best suited to make a judgement on that evidence. Apparently they have taken actions to address it by working with the women's team and bringing in someone to educate the players, but I don't think they articulated that well at all.

I hope people that dislike the kit don't buy it out of loyalty to the club. That thing deserves to stay on the hanger in the club shop. Do we need a one-off anniversary third kit? There's really no need for a third kit as I don't think the home one would be a clash with Morton's and can't see any other double clash. The anniversary kit we were excited about was the home one but it seems Serif knows best on that score. At least there seems to be some contrition there.

Is it correct that he seems to have put in £2 million last season? Club spend was £2.9m, ticket sales £150k and player sales (presumably the four kids going down south) was £750k. Can't see how that is sustainable and who are we likely to sell this season?

Just realised that probably doesn't include money from the SPFL for league placings and cup performance and ticket sales might mean season tickets and not money taken in from PATG throughout season. But I wasn't there so ...

Edited by Owsley 2

18 minutes ago, Owsley 2 said:

I hope people that dislike the kit don't buy it out of loyalty to the club. That thing deserves to stay on the hanger in the club shop. Do we need a one-off anniversary third kit? There's really no need for a third kit as I don't think the home one would be a clash with Morton's and can't see any other double clash. The anniversary kit we were excited about was the home one but it seems Serif knows best on that score. At least there seems to be some contrition there.

Is it correct that he seems to have put in £2 million last season? Club spend was £2.9m, ticket sales £150k and player sales (presumably the four kids going down south) was £750k. Can't see how that is sustainable and who are we likely to sell this season?

Just realised that probably doesn't include money from the SPFL for league placings and cup performance and ticket sales might mean season tickets and not money taken in from PATG throughout season. But I wasn't there so ...

You guys never believed me when I told you about imminent cash flow challenges…….🤔