The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

5 minutes ago, Moysterclass said:

Can't believe our first game is against Ayr. Does the winner get to keep the rest of the opposition's 2020 starting XI? 

I think that deal works out a lot better for you than it does us. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think that deal works out a lot better for you than it does us. 

Given we stayed up in the premiership and you were 4th in the championship, I very much doubt that. 

Happy enough with the performance tonight disappointed that we've failed to qualify again from the group however the damage was done last week. Great to see Oli Shaw getting a goal important that he scored hopefully that builds up his confidence really do like the look of him so far. Another game where I really like the looked of Bradley. The defence again seems to be the problem and where we're needing to make additions next. Seeing a few people say that Dylan McGowan is out for 3 months which is a bit of a blow if true and means we're really short on center half's.

I thought we played well for the most part tonight, a step in the right direction. There was still some hesitance and poor decision making, which I think cost us from getting something, but we had a lot of control consider Ross County are a prem team.

The glaring weakness was the defence, I understand it was bit makeshift and if Owens and Longridge were fit, I think it would have been a lot better. Would be great to get in some improvement in that area, which if we did get, would put us in a strong position for the start of the league season.

9 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Did you guys actually change your kit after a few games? 

Yes and no. Allegedly the actual kit was on order but wouldn't arrive on time for the first game, so a different supplier was used to knock out quickly what we wore v Stirling & Stranraer to "launch" it and they did a pretty crap job of it.

I'm inclined to believe that story tbh as the turnaround time is too short to be an actual design change and re-order.

9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Yes and no. Allegedly the actual kit was on order but wouldn't arrive on time for the first game, so a different supplier was used to knock out quickly what we wore v Stirling & Stranraer to "launch" it and they did a pretty crap job of it.

I'm inclined to believe that story tbh as the turnaround time is too short to be an actual design change and re-order.

Didn't the club made a big announcement on twitter showing off the horrible kit? Either way, the new one is a big improvement.

42 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Didn't the club made a big announcement on twitter showing off the horrible kit? Either way, the new one is a big improvement.

I was disappointed at how nondescript the kit was.  I was hoping for the monstrosity.  

Something else for fans of other clubs to chuckle at - we're to get a friendly match to celebrate our 150th year but it's going to be ABROAD. Not for us a simple glamour home friendly, oh no! Of course, abroad might mean Ireland but what's the betting it's Turkey? 

Or maybe its in Hamilton AND abroad, say in New Zealand or Canada? Serif to charter a couple of flights as a grand gesture to make up for the strips 🤣

Aye agree it's a mad idea but it could have been worse, Gerry could have arranged a friendly against his hero's 😬

14 minutes ago, Beckford said:

Or maybe its in Hamilton AND abroad, say in New Zealand or Canada? Serif to charter a couple of flights as a grand gesture to make up for the strips 🤣

Aye agree it's a mad idea but it could have been worse, Gerry could have arranged a friendly against his hero's 😬

Maybe we could be headed down south as there is a Hamilton which is an area of Leicester.

Leicester Nirvana FC are based in Hamilton & their ground Hamilton Park has a capacity of 1000.

They are also in a league at level 9 of the English pyramid so we should definitely win 😂

Or we could go all out & see if Serif's budget stretches to Hamilton in Bermuda!!!

1 hour ago, cdhafc1874 said:

Maybe we could be headed down south as there is a Hamilton which is an area of Leicester.

Leicester Nirvana FC are based in Hamilton & their ground Hamilton Park has a capacity of 1000.

They are also in a league at level 9 of the English pyramid so we should definitely win 😂

Or we could go all out & see if Serif's budget stretches to Hamilton in Bermuda!!!

We could do line of accies Bermuda shorts for the game, nice.

34 minutes ago, Beckford said:

We could do line of accies Bermuda shorts for the game, nice.

Hopefully the club will get the design correct at the first time of asking. 

8 hours ago, Owsley 2 said:

Something else for fans of other clubs to chuckle at - we're to get a friendly match to celebrate our 150th year but it's going to be ABROAD. Not for us a simple glamour home friendly, oh no! Of course, abroad might mean Ireland but what's the betting it's Turkey? 

Let's be serious it isn't going to happen 😂

When he lines up Cumbernauld Colts (hey, at least it wasn't Cumbernauld United) and Gala Fairydean at home and says on the website "hope to see you all there" who knows what he's got lined up.