The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

3 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Had a slight sliver of hope yesterday that when the club seen the backlash to the prices for tonight’s game they might have came out and lowered the prices but no they are going ahead with it.  If people don’t vote with their feet tonight and the attendance is over 150 I’ll be extremely disappointed. Really I would love it to go sub 100 but that won’t happen.

Prior to the announcement I thought anything over a tenner and people would be raging but to over £15 is disgusting, £12 is the maximum I would have (begrudgingly) paid for this, to charge more than it was to watch us play Premiership opposition is insulting.

Why's your game on tonight, not Saturday?

On 02/09/2024 at 15:12, Owsley 2 said:

Tbh, I wouldn't go to this game even at a fiver, but those prices are insane. A millionaire owner who has no idea what it's like being a normal person with bills to pay and families to feed. And he never learns. The Kelty Scottish Cup price was crazy and fewer than 500 Accies fans turned up. The prices for the League Cup were steep but £15, 10 & 5. I noticed it just says £8 for U18s so not even a price for under 12s. How can this game be dearer than the League Cup?

Dare I mention the cash challenges or is that insensitive of me?

Would have liked to see a fully fit Jamie and Fergus centre half pairing but not to be. Thought he might struggle to get tied up after he refused our offer. 

1 hour ago, Accie1 said:

Would have liked to see a fully fit Jamie and Fergus centre half pairing but not to be. Thought he might struggle to get tied up after he refused our offer. 

He has. He's got a 3 month deal and been papped out to EK to see if he can lay off the sausage rolls and avoid getting injured for more than 5 minutes.

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

He has. He's got a 3 month deal and been papped out to EK to see if he can lay off the sausage rolls and avoid getting injured for more than 5 minutes.

Aye it’s very much a deal that favours ourselves. If he stays fit then we’ve got a good defender with a good bit of potential on an 18 month contract. If he gets injured again or comes back in poor shape then we can cut ties with him for nothing. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye it’s very much a deal that favours ourselves. If he stays fit then we’ve got a good defender with a good bit of potential on an 18 month contract. If he gets injured again or comes back in poor shape then we can cut ties with him for nothing. 

If you can get the Jamie Hamilton who first burst onto the scene  in the top League, you would have the best defender in this League as he was fantastic as a teenager.

Question is whether or not his potential has vanished for good.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

That "good bit of potential" is dead and has been for about 6 months. He hasn't played in about 2/3 years. EK is his level now. He just might be a good championship defender in about 5 years. 

On 07/09/2024 at 00:43, Moysterclass said:

That "good bit of potential" is dead and has been for about 6 months. He hasn't played in about 2/3 years. EK is his level now. He just might be a good championship defender in about 5 years. 

He's been in and around Somerset for months now. If Brown didn't think he was good enough he would never have bothered to get this deal over the line. I think it is a case of 'go and prove your fitness' rather than ability. 

Centre half from St Johnstone signed until January. Not expecting good reviews from St Johnstone fans however hopefully he does well in the championship glad to see we've went for a younger guy as we did need a center half with a bit more pace hopefully he can form a good partnership with McGinty. 

Edited by Ian Mcleod

2 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Centre half from St Johnstone signed until January. Not expecting good reviews from St Johnstone fans however hope he does well in the championship glad to see we've went for a younger guy as we did need a center half with a bit more pace hopefully he can form a good partnership with McGinty. 

My St Johnstone source said he is a big, tall lad who can't run, can't head and can't defend 😂.

10 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

My St Johnstone source said he is a big, tall lad who can't run, can't head and can't defend 😂.

We definitely need to give the guy a chance there's a big difference from Premiership to the Championship so hopefully he'll be fine in the championship. You look at Connor Smith who was comfortably our best player 2 seasons ago now hated by a lot of St Johnstone fans. This signing probably means we'll see Macdonald go back in the midfield which will improve our midfield as well.