The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

5 minutes ago, Hotchie said:

This game V Celtic? This game V Auchinleck? You can read my reaction to the play-off promotion in Nutmeg. Did not come on here to defend Gerry Strain. Just pointing out that I thought it was unlikely that he was involved in the harassment of a supporter in Dumfries. For what it's worth, I think it is more likely to be the same person who sent me sinister, threatening messages. And I have better grounds for my suspicions about who that is than "People tell me he went a bit red at the Fans' Forum."

AIL4fc_RopwlZSiin9OyJzmkT3t81C_hq9Tu6L8XU_UQKsIZZRSlkNn1MI8NXvnMjhObICuipYO0uF-hfZVesJ4Q3I0JKW6MZ3m_oG3Y2eh_q_4d3PDnfc74l4Yc2oJEmiN3-be3-KK9mZcIU99tOHHmGZlRKo6ZCJ6x0cW_X7IS39DdSmKasKciCEiEbuB971aEfqPxl8zgsgpyTqS5-bU3COPyq2bLEIvRVUj5RDxTuNUoO7LkvnUJ42UevcCKxQuLjKF8GNqpkOPLqpjKpYB8Lo-oQLRI35gVd9r69C2VQr9MduPLN-lIj7_rai8noky7uHVRQi48Q9-Pm13z64MUBD2hAq1NS_8VXxXsU0uF-tgLxEhWh8WcwanIga-pjASIF0ZpLLyzX0ErWNgTCZDykTaq_y6xIB58d1oqfRFjziKFRaOvG-tE1cHWXVu55ikmi2avd2kgLX4LBe6GPR4h22lY4h0eY_sTUy3AsZ4t14W05PEbIk-ypNeA_LvKv9UxaAVXHsT_3neEfeR7u258iylfL-XYroChYN7Dp_PksGrXgWyTuBDFz5neQOdbWQiE4J8CjREoS3cZ4F9knFe8RElg__xbusl4reVOqYoo_eXciaoXI2D_RnIYSStY9CUSnLVLa_toOxCVwbIyhC6Ae4NiHqoZttMZa9MX9exorwRr-l8mS-QQp825lUl2pKHnQbQyjalMkUT9vRzm74Y7FudS2-ZcBYmthk_nKbkPGUGGq96ge3a-fHR3rxDPFSEyxOq3JSzHxWuhPhU_z30BWaKBydWRXFxpHJMoyvQdKYMTNTzgaW-6OZ6UiqMdtpvfEl36nJr5AK2jxQlGM9kFSnnjnHRK5y7kga3emiiH1tLovPYdrZO4kss42AHfAGyCYxI_wkra1HIrEmu87MqCGCn0Ar2Kr1P0bBoJMIsD17SFhSeSvlajjpXeq9I2_A=w493-h657-s-no?authuser=0AIL4fc983ewKuQvy3k7IUjnzHxHCU1mAmQ6sH0HKd8iB5rCiAw6lG9AIWr_aD7G3rnfpV4NVtNDa1UQCnOhSTO4Ufj8EA4wsTH-HfgZf9wrQoH41jegY2LupaBrzK7hlIS0UThIFmgtZMebxbhP-B7CCl90oOsriHl67mwIH7YFSA6L_D0g6Rd9vHnXLMIEHAcQM1bvKVpYRHp5roWApJs4my0_xQAfI69EY5P770cRu_vLtk7s0HaxxmIKwIKaHNRdb0fC99hKMfjZEuLXLcV-6yegv2WXWV_i51AqOKsZYGTvc8rugJTCPO50jw1rV3Cz0c2u77_OPEMsktONwFP-Fa4ga7wsg8GkwmxE3FjPKukHCTx5E14fRajAb_RSEo7gpHi0sjQhx0c37L5ZNNnpzgvIHOhoRteydV37oZnsO93XLoqrw6LalHwJC3bxvHgJ5sTto3UIeOCfu2Lg_tsQjQRBtNzKf-JFE_Jb8nQxdOkK3byoJB-4lyt6qQx8SLvKhlwK-OddE1pi0niukqo1-nFTmH9t8CBzIwwbNxw4mnzOichLlRgruA-VmHYu_fXeO9zz2r1NnadlJ1YOwf6Si5Z2jqWZZrG5F7DArPZ2-vFm0skP1Oym_5g9M-dLNAXhFfaeYZAFAIH6wXnMlrjWH3iV3WILfYeBkt-rQk--WyPhgSpfWOwrhD1_cztTY_Ssiu8s1_GWaLFYJv0d1eGkkIMVyah8OVjXq_sKdDkh86I1V5xUtAFBfFCkN9dILlGCxAeOaECLbsWqEYo-9zhc-0PSUgETqYzu4nHV8znYlp-GMqTX7DS0LYsGHCpwaky57ukcC8QwGkmS3JCplgJAdUhlY-7H6FT8o-xd8mb3vMHI8alSTzSRewHZqtkjkshYYDamzx0awTa-WWH7jJ6kbUzRXoefxtSwjuM6uAoBI-Ex3J4XG4UoxRGLV-yeB1g=w876-h657-s-no?authuser=0

Definitely a Gerry Strain shadow there. 

6 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

To be fair if Zengin keeps backing the team now like he has done this season then I think we would actually be able to compete for the playoffs places in the championship. It's fair to say Zengin still needs to improve things off the pitch but nobody can say he's done a bad job on the pitch. If Maitland and McGowan were still making the football decisions this year I genuinely worry to think how we would of done in the league this season cause let's face it we definitely wouldn't be in a title fight. 

Bit premature you've only played three games and your in a title fight already and competing for playoff places in the championship, hold your guns a bit there chief. 

3 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Bit premature you've only played three games and your in a title fight already and competing for playoff places in the championship, hold your guns a bit there chief. 

My point there is I do expect us to be challenging for the title this season with the amount of quality we have in the team and If we do get promoted and Seref keeps backing the squad I think we would be fine in the championship as well. If Allan Maitland and McGowan were still the people running the club it would of been a different story.

6 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Tbf, going by some Falkirk supporters, if you lose tonight, we've won the title.

7 hours ago, Laid-back Accie said:

Tbf, going by some Falkirk supporters, if you lose tonight, we've won the title.

This is relatively typical, unfortunately a decent chunk of our support who although loyally back the club are proper Victor Meldrew types! A few would have told you the league was over and promotion was already gone after 45 minutes against Annan. The glass half full mentality is alive and kicking through this neck of the woods! 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

On 22/08/2023 at 17:54, LatapyBairn. said:

This is relatively typical, unfortunately a decent chunk of our support who although loyally back the club are proper Victor Meldrew types! A few would have told you the league was over and promotion was already gone after 45 minutes against Annan. The glass half full mentality is alive and kicking through this neck of the woods! 

Although I don't deny this is true of a decent chunk of your support, but do you not just find this to be the case of a decent chunk of Scottish Football Supporters across the board?? That's my experience personally, and I just don't get it.

13 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Although I don't deny this is true of a decent chunk of your support, but do you not just find this to be the case of a decent chunk of Scottish Football Supporters across the board?? That's my experience personally, and I just don't get it.

Maybe it’s the weather that does it 🤷‍♂️

On 22/08/2023 at 17:24, Ian Mcleod said:

I wouldn't rule out Queen Of The South either tbh. 

... you've obviously just had a plate of those dodgy mushrooms ... don't worry, the effect will wear off soon. 😂

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

See Gerry has got himself into the team photo. Narcassitic nonsense 😂. Do any other clubs have their Director of Football in the team photo ?

What's a "Director of Football" ... ?

34 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

... you've obviously just had a plate of those dodgy mushrooms ... don't worry, the effect will wear off soon. 😂

I mean you've got 6/9 points available and got Bartley in charge I wouldn't rule you out.

3 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

I mean you've got 6/9 points available and got Bartley in charge I wouldn't rule you out.

Yeah but our 6 points have come from the two sides who will be fighting it out for 9th and 10th places. Our defence remains a disaster zone - we conceded 4 goals at home to Alloa in one half; granted we're hampered by injuries and suspensions in the back line.

Wait until we've played Accies, Falkirk and Cove, then we can revisit this point ...

2 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Yeah but our 6 points have come from the two sides who will be fighting it out for 9th and 10th places. Our defence remains a disaster zone - we conceded 4 goals at home to Alloa in one half; granted we're hampered by injuries and suspensions in the back line.

Wait until we've played Accies, Falkirk and Cove, then we can revisit this point ...

Tbf at the moment I don't think you will win the league but I don't see you placing lower than 3rd think it will be Accies and Falkirk for 1st and 2nd and you will come 3rd but again I don't think it's fair to rule you out either be interesting to see if you make anymore signings

Just when you think the social media aspect can't get any worse, they go ahead and prove you wrong.

Apparently this 2nd channel will be doing video content etc, but the original will still be news, match updates and the likes. Not very clear at all.

All you can do is ask why?

Why can't you post all content on the 1 channel? Would that really be so hard?

They need to hire a dedicated person for the social media side quickly, this shambles can't continue, beyond a joke now.